Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Well, this morning, I saw a just in speed, from a speedtest. I saw 5.67 Mbps download at my house when the usual speed is around .55 to 1.10, which now it's back to the usual now. It makes me think that they're working on a cell tower. Anyone think it could be the cause, tower work?

Well, this morning, I saw a just in speed, from a speedtest. I saw 5.67 Mbps download at my house when the usual speed is around .55 to 1.10, which now it's back to the usual now. It makes me think that they're working on a cell tower. Anyone think it could be the cause, tower work?

The WiFi issue is most likely caused from "Sprint Connections Optimizer" switching automatically trying to give you the best connection.

Go into;

1 Settings

2 More Networks

3 Mobile Networks

4 Connections Optimizer

TURN IT OFF

As far as the other issue YES it was the tower. I had the same problem week ago the tower only had 3G although its back up now I don't notice any difference so not sure what happened.

I'm happy to announce some new Band 41 LTE sitings today. Over by the Laurel Park Mall in Livonia, at Farmington and 8 and 9 Mile Rds. Near the Burger Basement Bar in Farmington. Inkster Rd. and Schoolcraft. And lastly, near Redford Union High School. I was out and about today.

• Like 2

[ quote name=Cjerel313" post="409951" timestamp="1427042872]Any new B41 sightings in the Macomb County area? Starting to pick it up more around 16 mile & Gratiot and around 19 mile and Hayes

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy to announce some new Band 41 LTE sitings today. Over by the Laurel Park Mall in Livonia, at Farmington and 8 and 9 Mile Rds. Near the Burger Basement Bar in Farmington. Inkster Rd. and Schoolcraft. And lastly, near Redford Union High School. I was out and about today.

Anything 12 mile telegraph?

Sprint store there last showed speeds 0.05mbps

Anything 12 mile telegraph?

Sprint store there last showed speeds 0.05mbps

I was on Telegraph near that out of business Kmart, and picked up Band 41 over there.

In band 41 areas is b25 faster?

I can only speak for chicago, I don't know your market as well. But yes when there is good area covered by band 41, The speeds improve. As band 41 coverage increases and as more people upgrade to tri-band phones. Band 25 will get faster and faster.

I don't know if anyone can help me, but my phone has been bouncing between LTE and 3G for a few hours now, and has done a few nights in row, like this. Can anyone say what could be the cause? I live at 7 Mile and Inkster, in Livonia.

It could be site optimizations occurring around you or it could be from the recent solar storm that recently hit. 

It could be site optimizations occurring around you or it could be from the recent solar storm that recently hit. 

For some reason, when I run speedtests, the needle jumps really fast to the 10 Mbps spot, then stays consistent at around the 1 Mbps spot. Does this mean anything?

For some reason, when I run speedtests, the needle jumps really fast to the 10 Mbps spot, then stays consistent at around the 1 Mbps spot. Does this mean anything?

I wouldn't let it bother you. Honestly I have had great success with using the Sprint Zone app on reporting issues. The two issues I reported in my area have been fixed already.

I noticed that depending on the speed test I run it can vary a lot. The smaller the file the slower the speed. I found that if it's a larger file the bandwith will skyrocket. Try finding one that runs a larger file than 1-2mb to test.

Edited by KDKobes

Yeah.  Stop running speed tests.  You and thousands of others are just wasting a few dozen MBs of bandwidth per test.

AJ

• Like 2

Speedtests are not causing low speeds for everyone else.

Repeated speed tests -- especially by those on "unlimited" data plans -- definitely are not helping data speeds.

And users on tiered data plans who realize that each speed test can consume upwards of 50 MB in the matter of a few seconds do not run so many speed tests.

Here is the lesson to be learned:  you are not RootMetrics.  Leave the network data speed measurements to a few scientifically minded professionals, not a few million posers.  

If you are experiencing data connectivity problems, sure, run a speed test or two.  If applicable, report the issue to Sprint.  But do not run daily or even hourly speed tests just to see if you are getting 5 Mbps down or 25 Mbps down.  Either way, data works well.  The speed does not matter -- except to your e-penis.

AJ

• Like 2

The true is speed is 1Mbps, I've experienced speedtests (especially on the Speedtest.net app) where the speed will spike and then start to bottom out, or it will spike and bottom out then gradually increase.

Seeing speeds around 1Mbps on LTE means your have a degraded signal or the site your connected too is congested.  Band 41 will alleviate these problems on down the road once a market has been blessed with Band 41. :)   

The true is speed is 1Mbps, I've experienced speedtests (especially on the Speedtest.net app) where the speed will spike and then start to bottom out, or it will spike and bottom out then gradually increase.

Seeing speeds around 1Mbps on LTE means your have a degraded signal or the site your connected too is congested.  Band 41 will alleviate these problems on down the road once a market has been blessed with Band 41. :)   

From my sitings, there are only a few towers left in my city, that don't have Band 41. Two of the three towers I triangulate in, have Band 41. I wonder if when the third tower gets Band 41, will I start to experience the alleviated data speeds?

From my sitings, there are only a few towers left in my city, that don't have Band 41. Two of the three towers I triangulate in, have Band 41. I wonder if when the third tower gets Band 41, will I start to experience the alleviated data speeds?

Sprint has PCS spacing, may be tighter in downtown Detroit.

PCS spacing -> you probably won't be able to maintain a b41 signal everywhere even outside.

If you're not on b41 signal, in theory b25 speeds should be ok IF enough % people have triband phones so that they are offloaded onto b41 when they're in range of b41, thereby freeing up b25 capacity.

Sprint has PCS spacing, may be tighter in downtown Detroit.

PCS spacing -> you probably won't be able to maintain a b41 signal everywhere even outside.

If you're not on b41 signal, in theory b25 speeds should be ok IF enough % people have triband phones so that they are offloaded onto b41 when they're in range of b41, thereby freeing up b25 capacity.

Not so fast. They have added lots of capacity sites over the years in urban/suburban areas creating many places with tighter than PCS spacing. In those instances B41 may overlap for continuous coverage.