Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Not all sites are included on that page, and B41 upgrades are not noted. As upgrades pass a certain number of months old, they fall off that map. 

Also, this site lives off of Sponsor donations. It is the generous nature of our members that keeps the lights on and ad free. 

Well, if someone wants to be generous, they could cover a donation on my behalf.

How would such a donation, to you, benefit this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't saying for someone to donate to me, but to donate to the forum, so that I could become a sponsor. If they accepted Amazon gift card money, I'll donate.

Would it be do bad to have ads?

Not bad, per se, but not good either.

How would such a donation, to you, benefit this thread?

He's been a helpful contributor to the forum; perhaps sponsorship might encourage additional reports.  Because I'm grateful for the community and info available on S4GRU, I'm willing to help out a bit.  Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

I've noticed in the past months that LTE coverage around SE Michigan has improved quite a bit. In fact, I'm picking up B41 in more and more areas every week.

However, I still notice that on some locations, LTE signal is very weak and my phone will revert to 3G.  

Now I'm not sure if ALL towers have been updated to LTE, but i would assume that LTE 800 would help this situation, correct?

I compare with friends that have Verizon for example, and they always have LTE connection, even in places where my phone would struggle to latch to LTE.....

He's been a helpful contributor to the forum; perhaps sponsorship might encourage additional reports.  Because I'm grateful for the community and info available on S4GRU, I'm willing to help out a bit.  Hope that doesn't offend anyone.

Thank you very much, much appreciated. :) 

I noticed Band 41 while near Rotary Park, probably from the tower near my moms house, as that's where I was headed earlier. Seems as though Band 41 is starting to reach further and further now. Hopefully the same as Band 25 with the 9,000 tower expansion some day.

In order for us to provide the information that we do, we must remain independent, not commercial. If we were to run ads on the site, S4GRU would cease to exist in it's current form, and much of the information we are able to provide would disappear. 

So yes, it would be very bad.

In order for us to provide the information that we do, we must remain independent, not commercial. If we were to run ads on the site, S4GRU would cease to exist in it's current form, and much of the information we are able to provide would disappear.

So yes, it would be very bad.

How are ads diff from donations?

Why couldn't all ad revenue go towards the site donation fund?

How are ads diff from donations?

Why couldn't all ad revenue go towards the site donation fund?

We initially selected to go the donation route to support the site when ads would not have been enough to generate revenue sufficient to support the site financially.  And I am not certain there is enough traffic to support the site even now.

But after the site was established we started to receive information from sources.  Some of who said they would not provide information that would be posted publicly, but need to be in private member areas.  Believing Sprint will less care about a few hundred people reviewing things in private forums than items that are wide open in the public and searchable.  And so far, this has proven out to be true.

And this funding model has worked for us.  It has kept us a steady stream of sources and has kept the site funded.  I fully believe trying to go to a full commercial model that S4GRU would not be what it is today.  I don't think we would have received all the sources we did, especially early in our days.  And we may not have been able to be funded enough to keep things going.

Our funding model works.  It's like crowd source funding.  And truth be told, our Top 100 donors pay 95% of the expenses.  In some ways it's like a club of like minded people.  Donations are freely given to those who enjoy S4GRU and want to keep the site online.  Additional access is given to those who contribute...out of appreciation.

But you know all this.

• Like 6

No harm, no foul. And welcome to sponsor status nmartine3! Received a donation for you this morning.

I think my first donation went through. $5 isn't much, but it's a start I guess.

I think my first donation went through. $5 isn't much, but it's a start I guess.

I wouldn't donate randomly if I were you.

Sprint sponsor status expires 6 months after last donation and you can donate min $5.

Wait until your 6months is up and then donate >= $5

Premier sponsorships never expire and sometimes they have deals where you don't need $100 to get it; I got mine for $60.

I wouldn't donate randomly if I were you.

Sprint sponsor status expires 6 months after last donation and you can donate min $5.

Wait until your 6months is up and then donate >= $5

Premier sponsorships never expire and sometimes they have deals where you don't need $100 to get it; I got mine for $60.

Can I build up enough donations over a period of time to become a Premier or would I have to drop $100 in one donation?

Can I build up enough donations over a period of time to become a Premier or would I have to drop $100 in one donation?

You can build up over time. Your Sponsorship stays active if you make at least a $5 donation every six months. Even if your Sponsorship expires, your account balance holds for accumulation in the future. We have had members who expire every six months and wait a few weeks or months after expiration to donate again. They don't lose their previous donations and many have upgraded to Premier over time.

You can also set up a monthly recurring donation, if that is more convenient for you. Thanks for your support.

• Like 1

Build up. Whatever someone donated for you gets added to your total (I think).

Yes, this is accurate. Gifts get credited to both the recipient and the giver for future upgrades. Except in certain promotions, and then that will be noted in the promotion.
  • Like 1

Anyone getting better data speeds in the Macomb County area? I pickup spark seldomly but nothing consistent. Hopefully by the summer most of SE Michigan will have spark coverage.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Just spotted LTE band 41 in Orion Township. Not sure where it's coming from, but I suspect it's the site at the SW corner of Clarkston Rd and M24. B41 radios went up there a couple of months ago, but I only now have a B41 capable device.

• Like 2