Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Good morning, i ran a speed test this morning and got 0.00 up and down and -1 ping with full 3g service??

it's obvious they are working on the area. I wouldn't make too much of it. Still hoping for a Sprint Christmas present.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So this is what my connections shows. I am unable to load any web pages and can not get a speed test to preform. Tells me network communication problems. Sprint has a repair ticket on it. Been this way since the integration. Hope they have it fixed on Monday as promised.

image.jpg

So this is what my connections shows. I am unable to load any web pages and can not get a speed test to preform. Tells me network communication problems. Sprint has a repair ticket on it. Been this way since the integration. Hope they have it fixed on Monday as promised.

I'm not sure a repair ticket will do much.  If it's most of the area experiencing problems, which it seems is the case, I would bargain it has to do with NV.  Maybe they are preparing for LTE integration?

I'm not sure a repair ticket will do much. If it's most of the area experiencing problems, which it seems is the case, I would bargain it has to do with NV. Maybe they are preparing for LTE integration?

Both times I have talked to Sprint about this issue, CS has told me it is because involving NV, also saying I should have LTE a week ago. My theory is maybe on "their side", the see upgrades/NV/LTE, but with all of the backhaul issues nothing has physically been accepted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Both times I have talked to Sprint about this issue, CS has told me it is because involving NV, also saying I should have LTE a week ago. My theory is maybe on "their side", the see upgrades/NV/LTE, but with all of the backhaul issues nothing has physically been accepted.

I wouldn't waste your time with CS with LTE news. They don't give you reliable information as they don't have access to it.

I wouldn't waste your time with CS with LTE news. They don't give you reliable information as they don't have access to it.

No that wasn't the purpose of my talk with them. I well know that they aren't knowledgeable with that. Like I said earlier, I talked to them just to get some kind or bill credit, which I got.

I'm not sure a repair ticket will do much.  If it's most of the area experiencing problems, which it seems is the case, I would bargain it has to do with NV.  Maybe they are preparing for LTE integration?

Might be true in the Sants Fe, Albq. area. I do not think they have started back-haul down here yet.

So I hear a lot of comments that the horrible Sprint service in Albuquerque is related to the NV rollout. But the service has been degrading for a couple of years. I see posts about data speed upgrades in Albuquerque. ..but speed keeps getting worse. As an example, I am getting between .01 and .11 DL speeds at 2 AM. And my data connection keeps disappearing. Is there a team of valiant engineers working through the night, here? Somehow I think not. Can somebody explain how Sprint keeps getting WORSE? I understand the back haul issue. Is it the new equipment that sucks?

• Like 1

So I hear a lot of comments that the horrible Sprint service in Albuquerque is related to the NV rollout. But the service has been degrading for a couple of years. I see posts about data speed upgrades in Albuquerque. ..but speed keeps getting worse. As an example, I am getting between .01 and .11 DL speeds at 2 AM. And my data connection keeps disappearing. Is there a team of valiant engineers working through the night, here? Somehow I think not. Can somebody explain how Sprint keeps getting WORSE? I understand the back haul issue. Is it the new equipment that sucks?

The new equipment is just fine. Backul is the only problem. Whoever is doing backhaul in this market has been slacking. However I do have feeling that there will be a wave of LTE acceptances in this market as the backhaul supplier finally gets fiber to these sites.

When I went into the sprint store on Menaul to talk to my buddy who works there about the service he showed me on there computer systems what is going on with my tower I'm feeding off of, i live near i25 & Montgomery so the program showed the tower had a increase in data outages and voice quality and drop calls but also it displayed all the work going on, and it showed my tower got 3G accepted and is 2 months away from 4g lte install to be complete, my data has been going in and out and lucky sprint gave me a credit due to this night mare but we looked at towers from Menaul north to tramway and few towers are being worked on. I ran a speed test last night and I got 2.23 mbps down and .77 up so something has happened, voice quality and dropped calls suck in abq thou. But the official word from that store is that they received from corporate is they are waiting for 20% of abq to be fully

Complete to flip the switch, but in total 66 upgrades are happening in the city 54 of them data speed upgrades they informed me. hey don't reply to this thread by saying impossible and things like that and what not I been following this thread a while n thought I'd share with u that info if it helped any? Btw the speed test from near coors and montano. One thing I noticed is YouTube no longer crappy quality it's actually good video res.

post-32251-0-50583200-1387815514_thumb.jpg

What I am asking is how does this upgraded equipment function so badly? Have a hard time getting my mind around that. Okay, the back haul isn't in....so the new equipment works slower than the old equipment? Or is a bunch of stuff just not hooked up?

What I am asking is how does this upgraded equipment function so badly? Have a hard time getting my mind around that. Okay, the back haul isn't in....so the new equipment works slower than the old equipment? Or is a bunch of stuff just not hooked up?

The upgraded equipment is not having any problems. There are two main problems occurring.

One is dropped calls, which is happening because legacy sites can cause interference and not play well with upgraded sites. Also sites are being worked on and going on and offline.

Two data speeds/throughput caused by backhaul. Backhaul is the site's high speed internet connection. Most Sprint sites around ABQ are still connected to legacy bundled T1's for backhaul. Even ones with new equipment. CenturyLink is currently upgrading backhaul around ABQ for Sprint. When the new fiber CL connections are made, data speeds will go way up and LTE can start coming online.

So, neither of these are symptoms of problems with newly installed base equipment. We are nearing the end of problems in NM. But it's likely to get a little worse before it gets better. I think we're about 30 days away from starting to really turn a corner. But CenturyLink is a wild card and very hard to pin down.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The upgraded equipment is not having any problems. There are two main problems occurring.

One is dropped calls, which is happening because legacy sites can cause interference and not play well with upgraded sites. Also sites are being worked on and going on and offline.

Two data speeds/throughput caused by backhaul. Backhaul is the site's high speed internet connection. Most Sprint sites around ABQ are still connected to legacy bundled T1's for backhaul. Even ones with new equipment. CenturyLink is currently upgrading backhaul around ABQ for Sprint. When the new fiber CL connections are made, data speeds will go way up and LTE can start coming online.

So, neither of these are symptoms of problems with newly installed base equipment. We are nearing the end of problems in NM. But it's likely to get a little worse before it gets better. I think we're about 30 days away from starting to really turn a corner. But CenturyLink is a wild card and very hard to pin down.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't mean to be dramatic, but today driving on I25 south at I40, I lost a call three times.  I was on a call later on at my house and it would not go through.  It was crazy day.

• Like 2