Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

It's -103dBm sitting here in my recliner in my Living Room.

I just so happen to have secret surveillance footage of Robert in his recliner...

AJ

• Like 1

Is anyone in cruces getting the same speeds as Clovis?? I'm only getting maybe 7mbs when I'm really close to the tower.

Thinking that the backhaul at the cruces tower was done with copper before the whole centurylink spat with sprint?

Still 1-2mbps is still better than 100kbps

Is anyone in cruces getting the same speeds as Clovis?? I'm only getting maybe 7mbs when I'm really close to the tower.

Thinking that the backhaul at the cruces tower was done with copper before the whole centurylink spat with sprint?

Still 1-2mbps is still better than 100kbps

That is very possible. Both the Cruces and ABQ sites that were marked 4G accepted were done under the old bundled copper solution from CL that Sprint rejected. It's possible Sprint just decided to at least turn on the sites that are connected to bundled copper now temporarily until fiber is installed. I'd do the same thing. It's just sitting there. 7Mbps is decent as a temporary stop gap.

It will be interesting to see if the ABQ site goes live around 7Mbps too.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I believe I stand vindicated in accurately describing the range of CDMA1X 800. Thank you very much...

;)

AJ

I picked up 1x800 at 33 miles yesterday. My record is 22 with LTE. All on the ground and in the car. And there's no hills here as you already know. Except for the ones they put around the rivers ;)

I picked up 1x800 at 33 miles yesterday. My record is 22 with LTE. All on the ground and in the car. And there's no hills here as you already know. Except for the ones they put around the rivers ;)

Yep, Louisiana is like the bizarro world where the rivers run above the land.

AJ

Stopped at the North Hill/Vistas Santa Fe site this afternoon. Talked with the Contractor. They are complete now. They had their first inspection yesterday and they are completing the correction list now and then he's going to call it in. So he doesnt know if they will reinspect it or just accept it automatically after his call. I guess we will know based on when it shows up as accepted.

He says he is unsure if it will go live with LTE immediately or not. He said they hooked up the T1's and the new fiber to the router per Ericsson Integration Team's request. He said it's the first time they've been asked to do that in New Mexico. They have been hooking up T1's only to date.

He did say no lights are active on the fiber port, but they are on on the T1 ports. He says he believes Ericsson Integration teams fire up fiber backhaul themselves. And that might explain why sometimes there is a day or two difference between acceptance and a site being live.

uploadfromtaptalk1377811747947.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1377811852394.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

He did say no lights are active on the fiber port, but they are on on the T1 ports. He says he believes Ericsson Integration teams fire up fiber backhaul themselves. And that might explain why sometimes there is a day or two difference between acceptance and a site being live.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sounds plausible but doesn't explain how doing the ping trick to stay connected to the new site then you can end up pulling the 30mbit speed test from the site.

Sounds plausible but doesn't explain how doing the ping trick to stay connected to the new site then you can end up pulling the 30mbit speed test from the site.

Yeah, this would have nothing to do with donuts sites. Just a the or why it may take a day or two even to be fired up. Or it may be nothing at all.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Even more 4g coverage in clovis. Heard clovis will be fully 4g by end of September.

Yep, you guys have three accepted LTE sites now. You guys are ahead of us because Plateau is doing the backhaul there. I wish Plateau was doing the backhaul here in the North.

Yep, you guys have three accepted LTE sites now. You guys are ahead of us because Plateau is doing the backhaul there. I wish Plateau was doing the backhaul here in the North.

But, sooner or later, Plateau has to plateau.  It cannot continue at this pace.  It will exhaust its magma driven deployment.  Then, deployment will slowly tail off, like basalt eroding into the valley.

;)

AJ

It's already September and there is still no signal of LTE in Albuquerque

No kidding, there's practically more Sprint LTE being picked up in Juarez Mexico than all of New Mexico.

I am with you guys but remember it is not sprint nor the builders. There are so many towers around town that are ready. Blame Centurylink. I am about to go get the "Shame on..." signs from all of the strikers and go down to Centurylink here.  Once the towers are fired up, the city will have great coverage.  All I can ask is to be a little more patient.  Good news is that I have seen several new towers being working on which means that workers have not completely given up on ABQ. 

I am with you guys but remember it is not sprint nor the builders. There are so many towers around town that are ready. Blame Centurylink. I am about to go get the "Shame on..." signs from all of the strikers and go down to Centurylink here.  Once the towers are fired up, the city will have great coverage.  All I can ask is to be a little more patient.  Good news is that I have seen several new towers being working on which means that workers have not completely given up on ABQ. 

Yup, I know, I'm not blaming Sprint (at least not today), I know the backhaul is primarily to blame, so I'll shake my fist in bitter anger toward Centurylink.  Still, though I often see trucks at towers around town, none seem to have a Centurylink logo on them.  No logo at all for the most part.  Could be incognito work, who knows.  Just c'mon, is it so hard to even fire up one tower already?  Seems I'd get better service with 2 cups and a string?

I am with you guys but remember it is not sprint nor the builders. There are so many towers around town that are ready. Blame Centurylink. I am about to go get the "Shame on..." signs from all of the strikers and go down to Centurylink here. Once the towers are fired up, the city will have great coverage. All I can ask is to be a little more patient. Good news is that I have seen several new towers being working on which means that workers have not completely given up on ABQ.

What is taking Centurylink forever

Edited by Nm45chavez

• 2 weeks later...

What is taking Centurylink forever

They suck. The parts of the Albuquerque market that have ATT and Plateau backhaul already have LTE. The parts that have CenturyLink or Windstream just drag on and on.

I did run into a CenturyLink guy in Santa Fe at the Sprint site near the Railrunner Station at I-25 and NM-599 Relief Route. He was there to assess the site for cabinet install location. He said they have one site with fiber to the demarc in Santa Fe...at the I-25 and St. Francis site. They are working on the rest. He said that some will be done in the next week or so, others will take up to 3+ months.

He said locally CenturyLink is too busy to install fiber. He said they were bringing in crews from out of state to do work for Sprint and AT&T. He said Verizon got so tired of waiting last year, that they switched to microwave and only have fiber to two of their sites in the area. That explains a lot.

• Like 1

They suck. The parts of the Albuquerque market that have ATT and Plateau backhaul already have LTE. The parts that have CenturyLink or Windstream just drag on and on.

I did run into a CenturyLink guy in Santa Fe at the Sprint site near the Railrunner Station at I-25 and NM-599 Relief Route. He was there to assess the site for cabinet install location. He said they have one site with fiber to the demarc in Santa Fe...at the I-25 and St. Francis site. They are working on the rest. He said that some will be done in the next week or so, others will take up to 3+ months.

He said locally CenturyLink is too busy to install fiber. He said they were bringing in crews from out of state to do work for Sprint and AT&T. He said Verizon got so tired of waiting last year, that they switched to microwave and only have fiber to two of their sites in the area. That explains a lot.

That does explain Verizon speeds.  People say Verizon is fast but I have never seen that in ABQ.  WOW. 

This is where Tmo has a leg up in Albuquerque (not the market as a whole).

Sprint needs to fire them, like now! This is getting out of hand!

Sprint needs to fire them, like now! This is getting out of hand!

Firing them would take even more time.  And who would they use?  There are just not many options here in dusty New Mexico.  If they got someone else, even if they jumped on it right away it would take longer.  Because they would have to come from much farther away crossing all kinds of private property, needing easements.  That would be an even bigger nightmare.  At least we know CenturyLink is working on it and they are bringing in some out of state crews now.

It sounds like we will have one or two sites in the next few weeks.

Robert

Firing them would take even more time.  And who would they use?  There are just not many options here in dusty New Mexico.  If they got someone else, even if they jumped on it right away it would take longer.  Because they would have to come from much farther away crossing all kinds of private property, needing easements.  That would be an even bigger nightmare.  At least we know CenturyLink is working on it and they are bringing in some out of state crews now.

It sounds like we will have one or two sites in the next few weeks.

Robert

True, just hate the fact that they can be like oh we'll get to it whenever. Couldn't they use Comcast or do they not have the same type of fiber CenturyLink uses?

Experienced something weird this morning.  On my way to school on the UNM shuttle I tried to make a call and could not get one to go through, ever after several airplane mode toggles.  I then proceeded to do a speedtest and to my shock got 3g at a sub 100 ping and dl of over 1.5 mbps.  I didn't believe it so I did another test and got 400ms ping and 100 kbps.  I kept on getting the same bad results the more tests I did.  I know I didn't change sectors of towers because my ehrpd signal strength stayed exactly the same (signalcheckpro).  I wonder if they were testing backhaul stuff or if I truly did change towers/sectors without me realizing it.  After I got on the bus we drive around the tower on the other side, which in theory should put me on a different sector, and I still got the same slow (normal) results.  Hmmmm.....