Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

east side of el paso nearly all up with 4g lte. by airport road, by guitar center, 375 loop up to i10. i10 leading east to 375, downtown, up 54 past the miltary base at least up to dyer road... pretty much zero nothing nada zip on the west side though. . . waiting...

• Like 1

east side of el paso nearly all up with 4g lte. by airport road, by guitar center, 375 loop up to i10. i10 leading east to 375, downtown, up 54 past the miltary base at least up to dyer road... pretty much zero nothing nada zip on the west side though. . . waiting...

in fact, i'm picking up 4g pretty well in juarez along the border highway along to the red X. can even pick it up in parts of my building near delphi there... but nothing near home on the west side.

Welcome! If you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you will get access to our NV Sites Complete maps which will show which sites have been accepted by Sprint as complete. It is updated every few days. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

New site accepted yesterday.  3G NV accepted on a site outside Gallup on I-40.  The site location will be added to the Sponsor maps in the next map refresh.  

Robert

where do i find those maps once i become an sponsor?

New site accepted yesterday. 3G NV accepted on a site outside Gallup on I-40. The site location will be added to the Sponsor maps in the next map refresh.

Robert

where do i find those maps once i become an sponsor?

Here is the Sponsor section of the site: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/forum/28-the-s4gru-club/

Here is the NV Sites Complete Map thread more specifically: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete/

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Are any of the LTE sites online now and how many sites have been built/ready to be online?

In the State of New Mexico there are about twenty sites with upgrades physically complete and about another dozen in progress. However, the sites complete are awaiting high speed backhaul. They can fire up each as they get connected to new backhaul.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 January 2011

I figured I would see LTE before WiMax too. She may have just seen the 4G icon as it was trying to connect and thought it was connected...

Robert already answered, but you didn't specify which part of the market, El Paso, lc, abq...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Robert already answered, but you didn't specify which part of the market, El Paso, lc, abq...

Tapatalk misquote bug. :rofl:

Was talking about the whole market. lol

Picked up some LTE on the west side of El Paso today. I was at the ticket office at the Cinemark Theater near Mesa and Remcon Cir. Speed test showed 7.86 Megs down and 59ms ping. There is a sprint store nearby there but when I was driving by the Sprint store signal was only 3G.

• Like 1

When Is sprint expected to launch Albuquerque?

It's probably going to be a little while.  There is work occurring in the city and new equipment is being installed.  Unfortunately, there has been news of some major backhaul (upgraded internet to the sites) delays.  Hopefully once the backhaul delays are solved LTE will start lighting up very quickly in ABQ.

It's probably going to be a little while.  There is work occurring in the city and new equipment is being installed.  Unfortunately, there has been news of some major backhaul (upgraded internet to the sites) delays.  Hopefully once the backhaul delays are solved LTE will start lighting up very quickly in ABQ.

I wanted to know because where i live i some times see four bars, and then  my signal drops down to one bar.

• Like 1

I wanted to know because where i live i some times see four bars, and then  my signal drops down to one bar.

That could be a sign of tower work occurring.  I also have been experiencing higher than average signal drops/fluctuations.  It should be resolved in the coming months.

Robert, quick question. Now that Nextel is done. Do you think we may see 800 voice light up on towers in our market even before proper backhaul arrives? I'm thinking that there should be no reason that we wouldn't, if new equipment has been installed.

Robert, quick question. Now that Nextel is done. Do you think we may see 800 voice light up on towers in our market even before proper backhaul arrives? I'm thinking that there should be no reason that we wouldn't, if new equipment has been installed.

For what it is worth in the NOLA Ericsson market we haven't seen a whiff of 800smr yet even from sites where legacy equipment has been 100% removed. Not sure when it is going to fire up. My guess is maybe in September or so.

For what it is worth in the NOLA Ericsson market we haven't seen a whiff of 800smr yet even from sites where legacy equipment has been 100% removed. Not sure when it is going to fire up. My guess is maybe in September or so.

I've noticed that! Kind of interesting if you ask me. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

That could be a sign of tower work occurring.  I also have been experiencing higher than average signal drops/fluctuations.  It should be resolved in the coming months.

I was expecting to.  But I keep driving by the Espanola, Santa Fe and ABQ full build sites and I have never seen 1X 800 once.  :(

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know if clovis, new mexico will get 4g lte?

it will get it. Almost every tower in the country will get lte. In fact, they are already updating the Clovis area.

My question is when? Specifically for ABQ/SF.

Hi, I'm pretty new to the forums, so sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, although I tried to skim this whole thread. 

I've got unlimited data and an iphone 5, but am apprehensive about staying with Sprint for a few reasons: 1) my download rates are at .2 mbps right now all over ABQ (even after the profile updates) 2) 4G seems like it's never coming and has been promised for so very long, and 3) I'm moving to Santa Fe in September and I feel like 4g or even just better 3g isn't more likely there than in Albuquerque. 

Do you have any info or any threads I can go to in order to be more informed or figure out why my data doesn't work? Or any info on when some of this stuff will be coming online? I know you're scouting new equipment being installed all over NM, but I'm frustrated at the wait nonetheless. Thanks, all.