Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

How about this guy....

NM driver drove drunk while having sex, crashed, hid behind cactus

Yes, I read that in the paper a few days ago. Unfortunately, given the culture in New Mexico about both activities, I was not shocked that such an event took place here.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, I read that in the paper a few days ago. Unfortunately, given the culture in New Mexico about both activities, I was not shocked that such an event took place here.

I think the hid behind cactus part is the funniest thing about it

• Like 1

New site accepted yesterday.  3G NV accepted on a site outside Gallup on I-40.  The site location will be added to the Sponsor maps in the next map refresh.  

Robert

• Like 1

Just a summary of activity in the ABQ market:

Albuquerque: Full build sites underway, one site accepted 3G, one site confirmed under way.

Santa Fe: One full build site confirmed. None accepted.

Farmington: One full build site confirmed. None accepted.

Clovis: Three sites accepted 3G.

Gallup:  One site accepted 3G.

El Paso: Three sites accepted 3G, one accepted LTE.

• Like 2

New site accepted yesterday.  3G NV accepted on a site outside Gallup on I-40.  The site location will be added to the Sponsor maps in the next map refresh.  

Robert

When it gets on the map, i will check it out next week when i am there.

• Like 1

When it gets on the map, i will check it out next week when i am there.

It will be added to the map some time today or tonight.  However, it is the very last Sprint site before the Arizona border.  It's on the Frontage Road, set back from I-40.

Robert

Today my cousin mapped El Paso TX on Montana and Hawkins he couldn't run a speed test , it wouldn't run, but his phone was on 4g LTE, I'm glad to finally see it happening.

Edited by 99stang
  • Like 2

Also did anyone see the LTE popping up on Texas 375 and US 54?  Is there another tower live north of El Paso?

That road goes up a steep grade.  Probably had line of sight to the site on the south side of the airport from there.  Doesn't surprise me at all.  I would get the Santa Fe WiMax Protection Site in places along Hyde Park Road as you gain elevation.  A full 4-5 miles away.  Even though you could not get that Protection Site a mile away on the ground.

Robert

That road goes up a steep grade.  Probably had line of sight to the site on the south side of the airport from there.  Doesn't surprise me at all.  I would get the Santa Fe WiMax Protection Site in places along Hyde Park Road as you gain elevation.  A full 4-5 miles away.  Even though you could not get that Protection Site a mile away on the ground.

Robert

Thats crazy.  Well heres to ABQ getting an LTE acceptance this week.

Just wanted to send out an update from El Paso, looks like were slowly getting 4G in certain parts of town. This is near my work (off of Interstate 10 and Zaragosa Road). For the last week weve had an on again\off again LTE signal. Its nothing too great but its a heck of a lot better than the horrible Sprint 3G signal we've had here the last fews years. If I spot any additional locations\coverage spots ill update as I see fits. 

screenshot2013060420295w.pngscreenshot2013060513033.png

• Like 1

Second and third are not sprint. 

Yeah, i must have been editing my post as you noticed it also.  But I will go out some time this weekend and look at the third tower along with others to take pictures of the other antennas.  

Just wanted to send out an update from El Paso, looks like were slowly getting 4G in certain parts of town. This is near my work (off of Interstate 10 and Zaragosa Road). For the last week weve had an on again\off again LTE signal. Its nothing too great but its a heck of a lot better than the horrible Sprint 3G signal we've had here the last fews years. If I spot any additional locations\coverage spots ill update as I see fits. 

screenshot2013060420295w.pngscreenshot2013060513033.png

Those are faster speeds than my wifes' verizon s3.  hopefully it will stay the same when its being used by everyone.

Post this info on the Sponsor side only if you are going to include site IDs! 

sorry, wasn't aware of that was sponsor only info.  good thing it was taken off then.

First LTE sites accepted in New Mexico yesterday!  One in Albuquerque and one near Cruces.  More info in the Sponsor thread.

Robert

• Like 3

First LTE sites accepted in New Mexico yesterday!  One in Albuquerque and one near Cruces.  More info in the Sponsor thread.

Robert

where is the sponsor thread i cant find it

Hello,

New guy here, so please excuse my ignorance.  Just trying to understand exactly what "accepted" means.  Is it that a tower has been upgraded by engineers and Sprint has given it the thumbs up for use at some point or that a handset has connected to said tower on a 4G connection?  One, both, none?  I assume it doesn't mean the tower is live until some official deployment from Sprint?

Thanks and again, sorry for my n00b question.

Dave

Hello,

New guy here, so please excuse my ignorance. Just trying to understand exactly what "accepted" means. Is it that a tower has been upgraded by engineers and Sprint has given it the thumbs up for use at some point or that a handset has connected to said tower on a 4G connection? One, both, none? I assume it doesn't mean the tower is live until some official deployment from Sprint?

Thanks and again, sorry for my n00b question.

Dave

Accepted means Sprint has inspected the site as complete and it is ready for Sprint to turn it on. Most of the time, an accepted site is live immediately. However, occasionally there are issues that may cause a delay of turning on a few days or a few weeks. Especially in new markets.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Accepted means Sprint has inspected the site as complete and it is ready for Sprint to turn it on. Most of the time, an accepted site is live immediately. However, occasionally there are issues that may cause a delay of turning on a few days or a few weeks. Especially in new markets.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Like...our market.  I keep on driving by hoping it will be on soon :)