Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

The signal while I was on canal was -112. As I drove down Decatur it got to -106. The only one at that end of canal is at royal, on the holiday inn. The sites on gravier, carondelet, canal@Claiborne were not broadcasting 4g when I mapped it out out today.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought the panels were on top of the Astor Crown Plaza facing both riverbound and lakebound (and a 3rd one back by Iberville facing into the FQ).

Unless something has changed in the last year, T-Mobile is on the Astor, Sprint is on holiday inn on royal. I have access to the roof, and T-Mobile went up there 3 or 4 years ago.

I have also seen Sprint technicians at the holiday inn numerous times, including when submitting trouble tickets.

Again, unless something has changed.

I tried to find a connection all around that Strong purple area further up Canal and never got even a hint of LTE.

Same here i was at harrahs last night didnt get LTE until i walked near the river..

From Iphone 5 maybe i have to dedug to take in lte only. I read about it how do i do that again. I didnt wanted to look through all the forums to find it..

I tried to find a connection all around that Strong purple area further up Canal and never got even a hint of LTE.

I'm pretty sure someone has a custom ROM that is reporting incorrectly.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure someone has a custom ROM that is reporting incorrectly.

Yeah I just wanted to investigate to see and today was my first chance to do it.

• Like 1

Well I was able to catch 4G by the harrahs

I caught it but it was outside of harrahs on canal st walking to the riverwalk side.. I had 1 bar of lte then the signal gotten better as i was walking towards the river.. 1 bar at the corner on canal and convention center blvd. no LTE at pordras and convention center blvd.

I caught it but it was outside of harrahs on canal st walking to the riverwalk side.. I had 1 bar of lte then the signal gotten better as i was walking towards the river.. 1 bar at the corner on canal and convention center blvd. no LTE at pordras and convention center blvd.

Just an FYI, the bars have nothing to do with LTE signal strength.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

He has an iPhone. It does show LTE strength in its bars.

i caught lte at crowder and chef mentuer is was pretty weak signal i was going to drive down crowder to see where is the best strength.

Cool. There is a upgraded tower behind the Popeye's on chef. Also a upgraded one at crowder and lake Forest.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

the tower behind popeyes isn't on i drive down chef almost everyday.. it is most likely down chowder by dwyer or lake forest..

Do you stop and try to connect because if you jus drive down there it wont pick up the signal instantly.

Do you stop and try to connect because if you jus drive down there it wont pick up the signal instantly.

(The below is for Android phones only that I aware of. )

If you believe you're around a 4G signal but your phone is not switching you can either keep cycling airplane mode till you get it or you can get this app: LTE Discovery: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.simplyadvanced.ltediscovery

It will cycle airplane mode automatically every 30 seconds until an LTE signal is detected.

You do not want to be trying to run anything that uses data while running this because you will be losing your data connection every 30 seconds.

-Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk.

I'm back on canal and I'm picking up a signal on canal and lasalle st.

what the? I drove around that entire area for a couple hours today cycling Airplane mode and couldn't get a connection. I see it on Sensorly now. So strange.