Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

My ex is over that way I hope her speeds still suck too.. Not bitter though

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I don't know if it's my mood or what, but that was funny to me. I audibly laughed. :rofl:

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Well it's getting a little ridiculous now.. Just found 2 more sites with panels up. It's like they popped up overnight. One is a monopole that Wildman may have seen yesterday but this was an all white pole I think that it would stand out in his memory. If that's not the one he saw Pinellas then that brings a total of what 4 or 5 sites?

Also yesterday I saw another crew doing work down the street from me. I didn't think anything of it because I didn't think it was a Sprint site. Today I drive by and it looks like Sprint LTE panels that are putting up next to some existing panels. I will know more when they are done but it makes some sense based on where the others are that have panels now.

• Like 1

e5esy7yh.jpg

5uqapahe.jpg

In this shot you can see the trench line for the fiber..

y9aryzyj.jpg

In this shot you can see the existing coax on the left and the new runs on the right on the cable ladder

y2ebuvys.jpg

Sorry I don't have the camera today because of the wedding and the camera I did have the battery died..

• Like 2

Wow they are getting thrown up fast.

The wife and I took a motorcycle ride over to the Mall of Millenia in Orlando. On the way I started thinking about how these deployments in Florida seem to be starting out. If I'm right, more of the Orlando market ones will happen along the coast and the same with ours, starting over in St. Pete and working up the line as opposed to inland. I suspect if I was going to look in the southwest Florida region I'd see them start popping up there, perhaps along 41 or I-75. Maybe the same with the Jacksonville market as well.

That would seem to be good thinking. In some of the other markets it seemed to deploy from the inside of a city outwards though. I wonder why the difference

Perhaps most of the activity in Florida hugs the coasts... unless you're going to visit a giant mouse.

I've said this a million times but I still can't wrap my mind around the size of these 800mhz panels!

I guess I don't see them as being big panels compared to the other panels in use.

Most people don't realize how big cell panels really are.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Dude your wife is awesome..My girlfriend looks at me like I'm insane when I grab the camera and head out the door..I actually wanted to start another post about our better halves and this thing we do.

My wife just rolls her eyes. Last time we were on the south side of town we stopped at two sites. I had her drive so I could take pics. I took some pictures and we made it down the road to another errand and I saw in the pic I could almost read the frequency on the bottom of the panel. So I told her to go back and get closer. She laughed and said I will drive back but I am not giving you a boost over the fence. She drove back and put my window right under the tower for a perfect shot.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

My wife went through this with me as I had a web site that documented all of the Ricochet wireless tower sites as it was being deployed in the Detroit area. Remember Ricochet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

My wife went through this with me as I had a web site that documented all of the Ricochet wireless tower sites as it was being deployed in the Detroit area. Remember Ricochet?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yep, it never made it to my area but I did read up on things about it. I had lots of dealings with the Motient and Cingular Mobitex networks though. The company I worked for previously had vehicle mounted analog cell modules. The driver's "computer" would dump off data when they got in the vehicle. I'd have to program the cell modules all the time when vehicles transferred from different regions. They finally moved to the Motient network which worked okay for a while then I believe we swapped for Mobitex for short stint or maybe it was the other way around. We finally swapped all of those boards out for GSM or CDMA boards depending on the area/route cost analysis. Toying around with all the boards in debug mode was definitely fun as there really wasn't another data network available in our area.

So I have some time today to ride out..Good camera in hand. Wish me luck. I reall want to look at the sites that are between the ones we have seen. There seems to be some gaps that make me believe that panels may be installed but I have not seen them. For example, site A, site B have panels, site F and site G have them too, so what about the sites in between? Thats what I'll be looking for today. I also better start scanning for LTE as well I guess. I'll post pics if you guys are interested of I find anything cool.

• Like 1

Well I haven't found any panels but did fund that a site that's near the others is under construction with a new slab being poured almost on top of the existing Sprint cabinets. You can see where the marking was done for underground utilities too. Glad I have my pistol with me some shady spots here in Florida lol.

• Like 1

Well it's getting a little ridiculous now.. Just found 2 more sites with panels up. It's like they popped up overnight. One is a monopole that Wildman may have seen yesterday but this was an all white pole I think that it would stand out in his memory. If that's not the one he saw Pinellas then that brings a total of what 4 or 5 sites?

Also yesterday I saw another crew doing work down the street from me. I didn't think anything of it because I didn't think it was a Sprint site. Today I drive by and it looks like Sprint LTE panels that are putting up next to some existing panels. I will know more when they are done but it makes some sense based on where the others are that have panels now.

The one monopole I drove by that had a small area down below filled with workers on the ground was this one: http://bit.ly/Xvb3BC I am sure they probably have a lot of the work done by now.

The one monopole I drove by that had a small area down below filled with workers on the ground was this one: http://bit.ly/Xvb3BC I am sure they probably have a lot of the work done by now.

Wildman, that's the tower I thought you may have been talking about. I drove by there Sat and Sun and a few times a week I haven't seen anything there.

No kidding. You don't wanna be anywhere in between Bruce B. Downs and 22nd street once it gets dark. Tampa is not the safest place n the country for sure.

Back in the Mid 90's, my uncle was on Nebraska in a less than savory part of Tampa. He was stopped at a stoplight and someone rear ended him. He got out to check the damage and a man shoved a gun in his face and robbed him. After that, I started just going to Pinellas when in the area. Just stuck with the freeways.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

The wife and I took a motorcycle ride over to the Mall of Millenia in Orlando. On the way I started thinking about how these deployments in Florida seem to be starting out. If I'm right, more of the Orlando market ones will happen along the coast and the same with ours, starting over in St. Pete and working up the line as opposed to inland. I suspect if I was going to look in the southwest Florida region I'd see them start popping up there, perhaps along 41 or I-75. Maybe the same with the Jacksonville market as well.

I meant to say this last night but since we have nothing to talk about so far today I have another thought. Here in Pinellas we are dense I mean you can damn near see from one Sprint tower to another. I'm not sure about Hillsborough though. I have a feeling Orlando may be like it is here but the difference is drive time. I have electricians I work with in Orlando and getting from one house to another that's only a few miles away can take a freaking hour and a half in the middle of an afternoon. That same distance here can be covered in about 15 min. I'm thinking that the build out begins on this coast, the east coast, and the SW market. THEN all crews converge in Orlando. I could be way off on that but if I was doing planning it could make some sense and possibly have Florida mostly lit up by Christmas

Back in the Mid 90's, my uncle was on Nebraska in a less than savory part of Tampa. He was stopped at a stoplight and someone rear ended him. He got out to check the damage and a man shoved a gun in his face and robbed him. After that, I started just going to Pinellas when in the area. Just stuck with the freeways.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Probably one of the most notorious streets in Tampa. If I stay in this area for grad school, I'm going to try to relocate to St. Pete for sure.

• Like 1

I just drove by a crew working on the tower North east corner of 66th and 54th north. Maybe someone can confirm if that is a sprint tower, i did not have time to stop and see what crew was working there.

Yeah they have been at that site for about a week now..Thats one of the ones I posts pics of