Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Count me in. Would like to scope out locations we think will start things out in the Tampa market. Is there anything we could make assumptions on based on the Miami market deployments and now the start in the Orlando market? Could sites start up hugging routes like US 301 or 41? Maybe 19? Could it start on the outskirts and work toward more populations?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'd guess we would see something in New Tampa or in St. Pete first. Start on the outside and work their way in.

Probably completely unrelated, but I had no 3G today... Does anyone know what effects we would see on our phones as the towers are being upgraded to LTE?

I'm convinced must of the work I have seen on towers around town has been AT&T. If any work is going on right now in our area I would suspect it is happening on the ground. I'm like all of you, the first team find in our market will be inspiring.

Ok well right now I have a map put together but I need to somehow get my personal stuff off of it. I have gone thru the Hillsborough county permits for the last month and put them on the map w/ different colors for the different contractors. Its not that big of a map because I can't find where I can go back previous months in Hillsborough and look at those permits. I will send you guys a link to the map so you can go thru maybe different months, or counties so we are not stepping on each other. This way visually we will have a idea where work is starting at. I don't want to post the link to the map on the site because it will be ugly and I don't want anyone laughing at me and Robert works hard and even though this info is public knowledge on the county websites I just feel funny about it. Maybe I will post a link in the sponsor forum when I have it a little better put together.

• Like 1

I would say if it follows the same direction that Wi-MAX did you will see it along 19 first.

Count me in. Would like to scope out locations we think will start things out in the Tampa market. Is there anything we could make assumptions on based on the Miami market deployments and now the start in the Orlando market? Could sites start up hugging routes like US 301 or 41? Maybe 19? Could it start on the outskirts and work toward more populations?

Well my idea is to look for permits that were pulled only, and visualize that on a map, color code the markers with the contractors, and mark the location were one of the known contractors working for Sprint/Ericsson has a permit pulled but it doesn't explicitly state that Sprint is the customer.

Well my idea is to look for permits that were pulled only, and visualize that on a map, color code the markers with the contractors, and mark the location were one of the known contractors working for Sprint/Ericsson has a permit pulled but it doesn't explicitly state that Sprint is the customer.

If you share the info I too will keep my eyes out.

WiMax deployment is completely different. WiMax was on Clearwire sites. LTE is on Sprint Network Vision sites. There is no correlation.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I live along 19 in pinellas county, there is a town at 19 and mainlands that was being worked on that the techs said they were with at&t, they put up new panels with a crane. I noticed the other night the new panels have a blue led light on them alomost a power light or something. Is this the new LTE panels? I would be willing to help some also, i travel 19 and gandy / park blvd often.

I saw the same type of panels with the blue light you mentioned on a tower on I-275 near downtown Tampa. It appears the upgrade there was AT&T as well. I see the blue light on them early in the morning as I drive into work. Most tower work in our area I have been seeing had been AT&T.

So I have been quiet the last couple of days tired of the LTE talk mostly but no more.. I can confirm now that they are starting in Pinellas county.. The site last week that was rigged is now getting panels as I type.. I will try to come back for pics.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I'm pretty pumped.. This is right up the street from me.. The tower techs were driving off when I came back for the pics.. The Ericsson tech I'm assuming was who was left behind. I was hoping he was still there cuz I was gonna interview his ass lol. They left the tower rigged and the cable they ran last week to the sectors were untouched.. I need to check the other permits they have pulled too.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2