Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I gave up my EVO willingly so I knew the deal coming in about not having Wimax, but in general the 3G in this phone seems weaker.. Usually at work I may take a few strolls around the complex. I can't even stream music for the 15 min walk.. That gets frustrating.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm not sure really.. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at Sprint 90 percent of the day but I swear Sprint has never had good data in the places I spend most of my time.. Work and Home. If Sensorly had been around 10 years ago I would have never had Sprint service.. I do think Sprint has a very very loyal fan base that the other carriers can't claim though and I believe it has to do with more than the pricing plans.

• Like 1

I'm not sure really.. Don't get me wrong I'm not mad at Sprint 90 percent of the day but I swear Sprint has never had good data in the places I spend most of my time.. Work and Home. If Sensorly had been around 10 years ago I would have never had Sprint service.. I do think Sprint has a very very loyal fan base that the other carriers can't claim though and I believe it has to do with more than the pricing plans.

I couldn't agree with you more. It is the pricing plans and the customer service that is keeping me with sprint. Also the hope and excitement about the future with unlimited data that I am a major consumer of.

Finally, I am tired of the AT&T Verizon duopoly. Thought it is there for a reason - Better networks !!

Edited by thoughthalo
  • Like 1

Thought it is there for a reason - Better networks !!

Not for much longer.

Robert via LG Viper with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Guys I think I have panels up at a site.. I don't have my camera with me though and its in such a ball buster place but I think it's the real deal

• Like 2

Guys I think I have panels up at a site.. I don't have my camera with me though and its in such a ball buster place but I think it's the real deal

Take some photos when you get a chance. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Ok so here it is and I'm gonna ask you what you think. Is this a Sprint LTE panel? and then I will tell you the rest..

[/img]

http://

http://

The one all the way on the left looks like a NV panel. When they are installed on a parapet wall like that on a rooftop, the RRU's are usually mounted on the back of the parapet.

The one all the way on the left looks like a NV panel. When they are installed on a parapet wall like that on a rooftop, the RRU's are usually mounted on the back of the parapet.

So heres the problem I have though. The site is listed as a NV site on your maps but I specifically remember this site when i first got here because it was close to the house. At that time I looked on Google maps because I couldn't remember I place for panels, but I did catch them of the roof of this building with street view. When I came home today after taking these pics I was expecting to look at Street View again and see 2 panels with the one I took a pic of recently added. What I found instead was 3 panels on this building AND that the picture date was from 2011!! To be fair the pic from street view is not a good one so I can't tell if its the same. The other thing is when I look at Antenna Search (not sure how accurate it is) it shows this site to be Nextel, not Sprint?

The other panels in the pic match the panels I took pics of earlier this week where I saw the tower crew rigging the tower and the next day they ran cabling to each sector and taped it off for a future panel and derigged the tower. On this tower I was unsure where Sprint was and still don't.

Lastly, I went to another site yesterday that Robert has reported to get NV upgrades/LTE. That site as far as I can tell is a Nextel site as well.

Oh, and one other thing. The site today with the alleged LTE panels is strange for another reason. There were only 2 of the big panels. Two sectors each w/ a big panel, and then a 3rd sector that had panels that were different than the other 2 sectors with no big panel. Hope that all makes sense.

So heres the problem I have though. The site is listed as a NV site on your maps but I specifically remember this site when i first got here because it was close to the house. At that time I looked on Google maps because I couldn't remember I place for panels, but I did catch them of the roof of this building with street view. When I came home today after taking these pics I was expecting to look at Street View again and see 2 panels with the one I took a pic of recently added. What I found instead was 3 panels on this building AND that the picture date was from 2011!!

You lost me lol.

You lost me lol.

And here I thought I just had a short attention span tonight.

I have seen other sites too that look like this, but no LTE turned on. Getting the feeling when it does happen they will fire up quickly one after another. Hope someone quickly maps out the new Grant site before I do :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ok deep breath.. This roof top had a total of 3 sectors. Two of the sectors were identical (1 LTE panel, 2 smaller panels for a total of 3 panels per sector) the 3rd sector was different though no LTE panel and the panels that were there didn't look anything like than the other 2 sectors that were identical. Was that better?

It was almost like there were 2 different sites on this rooftop for 2 different carriers

I drove Sr-60 over to Lake Wales and then down 27/98 through Sebring and on to Okeechobee. Believe it or not I didn't see a single LTE signal the whole way LOL :rofl:

Funny enough I do believe it

I took a drive by the site downtown Tampa showing as 3G/4G. I did see the panels, and they looked like the newer LTE panels I have seen before, but no joy (no LTE). Not sure why they would not have that turned on, but they don't. The panels I saw were on the southeast corner of the building. Although I drive through downtown to and from work, I thought I'd get closer to the site just to see if I could pick up anything, but no dice.

I took a drive by the site downtown Tampa showing as 3G/4G. I did see the panels, and they looked like the newer LTE panels I have seen before, but no joy (no LTE). Not sure why they would not have that turned on, but they don't. The panels I saw were on the southeast corner of the building. Although I drive through downtown to and from work, I thought I'd get closer to the site just to see if I could pick up anything, but no dice.

It could be the local 4G core causing it not to be online. Not sure.

Robert