Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I leave Sensorly open as a tab in my broswer, so I saw the coverage before you drove around, then I refreshed the page, and saw the new tracks. You did a a ton of driving, and that tower seems to have a big footprint. I'm surprised to see it carry up Old Pasco Rd, as far as SR52. Is that all off the same tower, or could there possibly be another one up there?

I suspect that I could have driven farther N on I75 and farther E and W on SR52. But it was late. I'd basically gone as far as I had time to...

Also, my earlier tracks were on Sensorly well before my late night mapping drive.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

I suspect that I could have driven farther N on I75 and farther E and W on SR52. But it was late. I'd basically gone as far as I had time to...

Also, my earlier tracks were on Sensorly well before my late night mapping drive.

The tower stopped broadcasting LTE at the moment, no LTE in the area around 1pm.

The tower stopped broadcasting LTE at the moment, no LTE in the area around 1pm.

It was broadcating LTE around 9AM today. It seems that newly turned on LTE towers get switched on and off randomly. I wouldn't get too worried about it. That definitely happened with the Land O Lakes LTE tower, and possibly also the I275/Bearse Ave LTE tower...

It was broadcating LTE around 9AM today. It seems that newly turned on LTE towers get switched on and off randomly. I wouldn't get too worried about it. That definitely happened with the Land O Lakes LTE tower, and possibly also the I275/Bearse Ave LTE tower...

That's common while drive testing before acceptance.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I live the 275/Beare Ave tower and still broadcasting LTE I have 3-4 bars inside my house.

-Sent from my iPhone

When I left Best Buy on 54 an hour ago it came back on. Also I found ANOTHER tower that's on today, I'm a quarter mile west of Parsons on MLK in Seffner insisde a store with a fairly strong 4G signal. Not sure what tower it is yet, there is one on Kingsway and MLK that has had NV pannels for a while, that might be it. I will map later when I have time.

I mapped a little of the new tower broadcasting LTE on Hillsborough Ave and 40th St in Tampa.

I rode Hillsborough all the way home today and mapped it from the airport to I-75 all the way down as well.

When I came home on Sensorly I saw that Seffner is now live too.

-Russ

I was actually a little disappointed in that tower and the coverage it provided until I just looked at the sponsor map. There are few sites that will augment this ones coverage. I'm not an engineer but my guess is this site is just slated for the very shopping area there. Mall, restaraunts, strip malls all in that area is what it likey is serving.

Has anyone else had problems with the Sensorly mapping function, since the update on January 25? I'm not always able to start mapping, and if I do, it will stop without warning.

I have not experienced any issues with the latest update.

Maybe something new in central Pasco?

I was able to run Sensorly with no problem, on the drive home from work. Passing through the new site near Dale Mabry and Veterans, I collected 279 points in 4G.

To get home, I take Lutz Lake Fern, to the Suncoast Parkway north. Glanced at my phone when I was north of SR54, still 279 points.

When I arrive at home, a few miles west of the parkway, near SR52, I notice that I've gone up to 286 points.

So somewhere near 52 and Suncoast, there just might be another tower that went live. I'm still waiting to see if any new points appear on Sensorly. Nothing has come up yet, but it's been less than an hour.

I seriously doubt this is from the Shady Hills tower. I think I'm too far south to pick that one up.

Ok, tower number 3 it looks like on Sensorly, near the Veterans and Dale Mabry Hwy.

I mapped there the other day(Monday morning I believe). I wasn't sure if the coverage was from the tower at I275 & Bears, as that older tower does/did reach that same area. However, when I got ~15mbps down at Dale Mabry & Van Dyke, I suspected another tower had gone live. It is likely the tower transmitting LTE is the one I saw being inspected a few weeks ago, just S of that intersection. Though, I haven't had the time to explore the area. I work down the road from there, so I may do some mapping tomorrow. I just hope my job doesn't mind me taking a extended lunch... ;)