Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

So I've been following this site since I got my iPhone 5, Sprint. I noticed this morning ( havent been on here in a few weeks ) that people were getting 4G LTE. So I turned mine on before I went to work this morning. I live close to Erlich and the Vets. Which has always been a bad 4G, 3G area. Especially in my house.

I started picking up 4G LTE from the McDonalds on Erlich, all the way down to about Hillsborough on I275. I lost it on I4. I work off MKL Jr and Falkenburg.

Soooo glad 4G LTE is now in Tampa....

Edited by TangoChaser

Picked up a marginal LTE signal on Dale Mabry, from north of Hillsborough, to south of Waters (near Hamilton). I wasn't able to run a speedtest at the time, but Sensorly should have picked it up, unless someone already got there before me.

Signal was about half-scale in the area.

Still nothing east of 275 from Pinellas Point all the way up to the Howard Franklin in St. Pete.

Strange right? Do you work in that area or live over there? I wonder if something might be live but no one has stumbled across it yet? I did find a tower with panels on it just west on 275 but it would provide coverage to the east pretty far.

Strange right? Do you work in that area or live over there? I wonder if something might be live but no one has stumbled across it yet? I did find a tower with panels on it just west on 275 but it would provide coverage to the east pretty far.

I live off 38 ave n and 16 st. I haven't seen any work being done by me or haven't seen any panels up. That's not to say I'm looking in the right spot or that I know what I'm looking at when I see it. ;-)

So I stopped off st McDonalds at 50th and Broadway to grab a bite on my way home and look who I found on the tower across the street. Tower dogs hanging Sprint panels with RRUs in the well known configuration. And oh yeah, the McRib is back :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-3779-13588787223385_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

So I stopped off st McDonalds at 50th and Broadway to grab a bite on my way home and look who I found on the tower across the street. Tower dogs hanging Sprint panels with RRUs in the well known configuration. And oh yeah, the McRib is back :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Those 'tower dogs' seem to be all over the place lately.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Nothing new in my neck of the woods. It seems like they stopped in St. Pete for a bit. Haven't seen anyone on any towers around here.

I know right? Boo Tampa lol. For real though we have more than a few in progress sites that are ready to just be turned on it seems, so we are likely close to seeing a few turned on..The Starkey site has backhaul installed, another site off of Ulmerton is ready to be turned on. Both of those will fill in coverage quite a bit. I said this awhile back but my guess is whoever is the guy that says yes turn this tower on, likely does it in Orlando, Tampa, and maybe the S/W region. I bet we will see some things lite up the next two weeks here in Pinellas

It's weird, just started happening a few days ago. I'll be driving where there is LTE but my phone will stay on 3G unless I restart it. It seems even when I restart it it will grab LTE and then switch back to 3G.

It's weird, just started happening a few days ago. I'll be driving where there is LTE but my phone will stay on 3G unless I restart it. It seems even when I restart it it will grab LTE and then switch back to 3G.

mine has a hard time connecting to a weak signal but thats about it

If you look at the NV running list, it appears they are severely delayed in the Tampa market :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

All Florida markets were severely delayed. The SW Florida market the most.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD