Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I'm sorry but I blew by something that you said. Did you say you are getting LTE in Indian Rocks Beach? Have you mapped on sensorly? because I see no markers over there. Can you mark it for us when you are out and about. How good is your signal?

No...what I said was that I am one zipcode over from IRB. IRB has been having big problems with voice - I gave a link to a news ariticle quoting folks who are having problems.

We have LTE and have been mapping in our area...but have been having voice problems today.

Oddly enough I have been mapping the heck out of Highland Avenue - just north of East Bay - and it's not showing up on Sensorly. I've even confirmed that the app is sending data.

Today I noticed LTE at my home in pinellas park, either they have changed the tilt or another tower is live. The ones closest to me at * however the only one that i is in progress is *. Does anyone have an update that it is operational? None of them show in progress. Just for a reference i am at 58th street and 94th avenue area. Today i was able to get LTE along 94th from 49th to 66th street.

Do they work weekends?

Yes, especially fresh out of the holidays. Its gonna be sh*t and get from now on. I think they are also gonna have to be working breakneck speeds to avoid getting into an issue with nesting of birds. Its possible why a site in Spring Hill was first in the market. Possibly they found during site surveys certain sites had a propensity to have Osprey on it and these sites were given a priority. Then again Robert may have a relative that lives there. I hear Robert and Mr. Hesse are tight considering the tower in his backyard is being worked on now.
  • Like 1

Today I noticed LTE at my home in pinellas park, either they have changed the tilt or another tower is live. The ones closest to me at <removed>, <removed>, and <removed>however the only one that i is in progress is <removed>. Does anyone have an update that it is operational? None of them show in progress. Just for a reference i am at 58th street and 94th avenue area. Today i was able to get LTE along 94th from 49th to 66th street.

Mike the 49th st guyed tower is live now. I also think they did something to the downtilt on the one on 54th and 66th because my coverage changed yesterday

Mike the 49th st guyed tower is live now. I also think they did something to the downtilt on the one on 54th and 66th because my coverage changed yesterday

Are you talking about 0900 tower at 49th and just south of 70th ave? that must have great distance.

Are you talking about 0900 tower at 49th and just south of 70th ave? that must have great distance.

Yup that's the one. I didn't map north/south but if you look at the sponsor maps you will see the handoffs for this tower in all directions. Right now though I don't think there is any down tilt at all on it. I was able yesterday to carry the 66th at site all the way and hand off to 49th. It was impressive

Yup that's the one. I didn't map north/south but if you look at the sponsor maps you will see the handoffs for this tower in all directions. Right now though I don't think there is any down tilt at all on it. I was able yesterday to carry the 66th at site all the way and hand off to 49th. It was impressive

are you talking about the sites complete map?

Lucky me I get to work tonight. Tonight will be the first time I'll be getting into the Tampa area around Hillsborough and 50th Street all the way towards the crosstown into downtown. Needless to say I will be mapping everywhere I get to tonight to see how the Tampa area might be looking right now. I've seen a lot of Tampa people asking where there 4g service is, well, I'll be looking around tonight.

Lucky me I get to work tonight. Tonight will be the first time I'll be getting into the Tampa area around Hillsborough and 50th Street all the way towards the crosstown into downtown. Needless to say I will be mapping everywhere I get to tonight to see how the Tampa area might be looking right now. I've seen a lot of Tampa people asking where there 4g service is, well, I'll be looking around tonight.

I bet you find something

I bet you find something

Need to check that tower on Fowler again. It services my work and apartment, but I am kind of on the fringe of coverage so I don't know if I'll be the first to know if LTE is broadcasting.

I bet you find something

no luck so far. The 4g drop top on Ulmerton around feathersound, then had it on the bridge until the hump. The interstate all the way to Hillsboro then east still nothing yet. I'm going to keep sensorly mapping everywhere I go and we will see what happens.

Yes, especially fresh out of the holidays. Its gonna be sh*t and get from now on. I think they are also gonna have to be working breakneck speeds to avoid getting into an issue with nesting of birds. Its possible why a site in Spring Hill was first in the market. Possibly they found during site surveys certain sites had a propensity to have Osprey on it and these sites were given a priority. Then again Robert may have a relative that lives there. I hear Robert and Mr. Hesse are tight considering the tower in his backyard is being worked on now.

I'm not bragging any more. Only one RRU per sector. I'm fearing my rural site may be one of the non LTE sites. I'm very concerned. I will be frowning like grumpy cat until my 4G icon pops up.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I'm not bragging any more. Only one RRU per sector. I'm fearing my rural site may be one of the non LTE sites. I'm very concerned. I will be frowning like grumpy cat until my 4G icon pops up.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Ouch :angry:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing els going on in Brandon just that one on or by bellshols I believe I ha we not seen anything. I got lte on my porch and in my bedroom that's it at home,but on the streets its pretty good on that side of town witch is also the side I go shopping and stuff so I'm OK just was hoping to see something more in are market by now.

no luck so far. The 4g drop top on Ulmerton around feathersound, then had it on the bridge until the hump. The interstate all the way to Hillsborough then east still nothing yet. I'm going to keep sensorly mapping everywhere I go and we will see what happens.

Finally made it home after a long and not very successful night. Once over the Howard Franklin into Tampa I didn't see 4G at all. From around the Hard Rock I went north on 56th St. to Fletcher, east to I-75, south to I-4, and back west to Hillsborough and 50th St. Then I went south on 56th St. down to the Crosstown and west all the way to Gandy then came back over the bridge into Pinellas. Saw a little 4G on Gandy before I-275 but fell off really quick. South St. Pete has been good except anything east of I-275 there is nothing. I took the senic route back to Largo by taking the beach from the Don Cesar all the way to Indian Rocks Beach and saw nothing north from around 60th Ave on St. Pete Beach.

On another note I did see a couple guys working on some panels at the Belleair Bluffs rooftop site just not sure if it was for Sprint or not. Their trailer said "CELLCOM INSTALLATION" if anybody has ever heard of them being contracted for work. It did look however that a few of the panels on the rooftop with RRU's looked like Sprint ones, just didn't get any decent pictures of them.

Any of you guys hit a spot in Gulfport today?

I got Gulf Blvd. north of the Bayway up to about 59th Ave. it looks like, but that's about all I was able to add to the map, even after being in Tampa all night and finished up this morning down there in St. Pete.

I saw what looked like an inspector parked inside the fence, next to the Sprint Tower on North Dale Mabry at Lake Heather on Friday around lunch time. This is one of the towers I got pictures of last week. They were headed out of the fence with a digital camera in hand. They were looking up at the tower. It looked like they were looking to take clear pictures of the panels at the top, etc.

I saw what looked like an inspector parked inside the fence, next to the Sprint Tower on North Dale Mabry at Lake Heather on Friday around lunch time. This is one of the towers I got pictures of last week. They were headed out of the fence with a digital camera in hand. They were looking up at the tower. It looked like they were looking to take clear pictures of the panels at the top, etc.

Interesting. We'll have to keep a closer eye on this one. I'm going to check out the Fowler one again if there is any chance there is an inspector in the area.

Was it an inspector or an s4gru.com member?

• Like 3