Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Went West off the Land O Lakes exit SR 56. The LTE is available right as you approach the exit and gets stronger the further west you go.

My Note II picked it up West of the tower but I dropped LTE just as 54 transitions to 56 and was about to hit the interstate. maybe the EVO radio isn't that bad. I didn't have it on the Interstate.

So looking at the tracks on Sensorly I'm not sure how it works but in south Pinellas it looks like a different tower may have got picked up by Campbell Park is this the way it looks to anyone? There are two distinct spots but no mapping like someone was looking for LTE in that area anyone think one of the towers over that way could be active

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So looking at the tracks on Sensorly I'm not sure how it works but in south Pinellas it looks like a different tower may have got picked up by Campbell Park is this the way it looks to anyone? There are two distinct spots but no mapping like someone was looking for LTE in that area anyone think one of the towers over that way could be active

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

That was me trying to get a connection. Cycled airplane mode got LTE for just a second then it dropped.

• Like 1

Definitely looks like NV panels on the top rack by I275-Howard

No, I know which ones you are talking about. They are ATT. They do have a blue light that lights up at night on them as well. I could tell the ones off 56 in Wesley Chapel were NV, they had the same configuration as ones I have seen in Pinellas.

Also, on today's run, I was headed north on Bruce B Downs and hit LTE when I got to 56. I went a little further north on BB Downs and it dropped quick, so looped around and headed a bit further east on 56 and it dropped down fast. Knew then it had to be more west of where I was. As I got past I-75 I saw a tower near Old SR54 and Old Cypress Creek. After examining it I realized it wasn't the one and then headed further west on 56 when it turned into 54. Then I could see a tower on my left (south side) just past the Ferman Jeep dealer and saw what we know as the NV configuration on the tower. I kept heading west till the signal dropped out. Went south on 41 as I wanted to go back by that site on Nebraska but no LTE there near Waters. After that, headed home.

I have to overnight on St. Pete Beach tonight after a holiday party. I'll be searching again, as I know my Team Market Tampa boys will be. Never give up!

• Like 1

I have to overnight on St. Pete Beach tonight after a holiday party. I'll be searching again, as I know my Team Market Tampa boys will be. Never give up!

I was searching on the beach this past weekend but it is hard because most of that stuff is on the rooftops and you can't tell I didn't see anything though. I went what would be considered north of the Thunderbird so if you are in the opposite direction you may find something I wasn't looking for.

Just saw some trailers that said Clearfeild fiber at a hotel right next to a tower in Dunedin near Mease Dunedin hospital. There were some unmarked trucks at the tower and the gate was open. Didn't see anyone though.

Edited by James

I was just there on Sunday. You got 4g in Wesley chapel

Yea I went to creek preserve and got it I was on my lunch break so I just went and sat for a few min than had to go :( I mapped it on sensorly but where I went was already mapped

So can somebody chime in on this? There is a single carrier tower near the 301 and Crosstown Expwy intersection. It looks to have NV panels with the RRUs on them. but I just checked the NV site map and that tower doesn't show up on the map. Do other carriers use similar looking panels?

So can somebody chime in on this? There is a single carrier tower near the 301 and Crosstown Expwy intersection. It looks to have NV panels with the RRUs on them. but I just checked the NV site map and that tower doesn't show up on the map. Do other carriers use similar looking panels?

AT&T I believe uses something similar but I believe the use a single RRU mounted to the back of the panel, instead flag mounting that Sprint is using (where it looks like a flag fully extended from the pole) I haven't seen it but people say that Sprint will use as little as 2 RRUs on a site.

I have a question about the NV Panels.. Why are they called NV and are they the ones that you can see the green power LED on them at night?

NV- Network Vision. It's the name for Sprint's plan to revamp the network and add LTE. And yes, the RRUs (big boxes) behind the panels do have green LEDs on them.

Only LTE I had on the way to the beach where I am staying tonight was on the Sunshine Skyway.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Really you had LTE on the bridge? I just saw it on Sensorly. You are the man!! There are a few sites over that way. I'm not sure its coming from where we mapped last night though, possibly though. If you are staying on the beach and not getting a signal there are a few sites we can rule out I think. You should post in the SW market thread too. The line of site on the bridge is a pretty clear shot in all directions so it may have come from their side of the bridge too.

NV- Network Vision. It's the name for Sprint's plan to revamp the network and add LTE. And yes, the RRUs (big boxes) behind the panels do have green LEDs on them.

Thanks, i have noticed them on a few towers near my home and work but based on what i have been reading At&t also uses that same setup. I only noticed them with the bright LED lights at night.

Took a detour on my drive home from work, and attempted to extend the coverage on SR54. I took Collier Parkway north from 54, and carried the 4G signal to somewhere between Parkway Blvd, and Hale Rd. Ran two speed tests in Sensorly, with between 7-10mb reported. So, check out the new purple on your Sensorly maps. :)

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 12 January 2012

I'm working on this article right now actually, but I keep getting interrupted this morning. Thanks legion125.

In my area the Ericsson RRUs that ATT uses look exactly like the Sprint ones. Just different guts I am sure for the diff frequencies. They have lights on them just like Sprint's.

Sent from a little old Note 2