Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I believe most non NV sites are running T-3s (44 Mbps) which consists of 28 T1s. If that isn't available the will bundle T-1s (1.5Mbps). NV puts OC3 (155 Mbps)or Microwave in place.

This is not common, but possible in some places where no other backhaul is available. Most NV backhaul is provided by AAV companies via fiber or indirect fiber (meaning the last connection point from the vault/pole may not be fiber). In places where Sprint is not using AAV, they typically bridge microwave to a fiber connection.

In a few places where an ILEC won the backhaul contract, they may be using a solution as you outline, but it would still need to meet the minimum specification required in the RFP. And it has to be scalable for larger future demand. ILEC's did not win many backhaul contracts.

There is an exemption clause in areas where they cannot provide fiber, AAV and microwave distances are too far to bridge. There they can use bundled copper solutions, with a minimum 44Mbps throughput. However, these occurrences are quite rare and require Sprint's advance approval

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not to get off topic, but Feech do you ever have problems with your phone connecting to 3G? I'll typically hold 1X after moving out of WiFi even after toggling airplane mode. I think it might be more of a network issue in the area. I'm missing a Sprint tower that used to service the immediate area I'm in because the building it was on was torn down.

Not to get off topic, but Feech do you ever have problems with your phone connecting to 3G? I'll typically hold 1X after moving out of WiFi even after toggling airplane mode. I think it might be more of a network issue in the area. I'm missing a Sprint tower that used to service the immediate area I'm in because the building it was on was torn down.
all the time. I returned my first one because it was always in 1X and causing the dang phone to get hot. Like real hot. But even now, my 3G icon will be grayed out and I have to toggle, and when it goes to 1X like at my job it takes forever to come backi on its own to 3G.

all the time. I returned my first one because it was always in 1X and causing the dang phone to get hot. Like real hot. But even now, my 3G icon will be grayed out and I have to toggle, and when it goes to 1X like at my job it takes forever to come backi on its own to 3G.

I think this phone just has scan problems in general.

I've had issues with the GS3 getting stuck on 1x after leaving an LTE area. Sometimes for a good chunk of time before I could get 3G back, even toggling.

That's odd works fine for me on cm 10.1

I wish they had the app available for the Iphone.

dammit thanks didn't know that

Yeah, you can still use it to help find LTE, but it doesn't contribute to the crowd data because Apple doesn't think app should have access to the signal type and strength. Too locked down. However, if you have a friend that has an LTE Android phone with Sprint, steal their phone for a day or two. Then you can map! ;)

Found two towers today with guys working on them sites TA60XC113 and TA03XC067 Likely will be able to confirm by Friday. Both sites make some sense. One is near Tropicana Field which has already had some work done to it. The other site is one thats fits nicely into the pattern of the in progress sites on the NV sites complete map in the sponsor section. It looks like it is forming a ring of sorts. Just south of that one is another site that has a permit pulled on it already. That being said I have no idea if either of them are having NV work done but its a good bet. The one near the Trop I have been too before and mentioned in this thread. On that visit it was clear that an electrician had been there doing work.

Mine used to do the same getting stuck in 1x mode. When it first launched on the first firmware it would get stuck with no data every morning leaving my house. Only fix was a reboot.

Sent from a little old Note 2