Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I was also picking up lte indoors near the Brandon best buy at a military installation that I've never picked up there before, heck I'm nearly almost always roaming in there; so I don't know if they turned on a tower or if I just got a random good signal.

I was also picking up lte indoors near the Brandon best buy at a military installation that I've never picked up there before, heck I'm nearly almost always roaming in there; so I don't know if they turned on a tower or if I just got a random good signal.

Do you know what the SID or channel# was by any chance?

Is bird nesting season coming or something?

I saw either Eagles or Osprey last week on a tower that hasn't been upgraded yet, the one by the Dallas Bull which was scheduled for updating last year.

I saw either Eagles or Osprey last week on a tower that hasn't been upgraded yet, the one by the Dallas Bull which was scheduled for updating last year.

I saw a tower the other day that was complete covered with birds. They are certainly going to slow us down at some point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I saw a tower the other day that was complete covered with birds. They are certainly going to slow us down at some point.

small birds aren't a problem. it is when you see the very large nests with the very large (Eagles/Osprey) that you have to worry. Because they are a protected species, workers are not allowed on the tower. They don't even like them working on the ground near the towers.

small birds aren't a problem. it is when you see the very large nests with the very large (Eagles/Osprey) that you have to worry. Because they are a protected species, workers are not allowed on the tower. They don't even like them working on the ground near the towers.

I just meant to get at that the birds in general are coming back lol.

Looks like 2 new areas: 275 and 4th St at the entrance to the bay on the Howard Franklin is broadcasting. Also Causeway and 78th St area in Hillsborough Cty looks like there are new full bar tracks on Sensorly there.

I can't even notice the new tracks any more lol.

Some of the zoom levels are still days backed up in Sensorly, you have to zoom almost all the way in. But I do know what you mean, the day is getting closer where tracks will be hard to find as more towers go online and crowd each other.

Looks like 2 new areas: 275 and 4th St at the entrance to the bay on the Howard Franklin is broadcasting. Also Causeway and 78th St area in Hillsborough Cty looks like there are new full bar tracks on Sensorly there.

Good to see some activity. I took a different route home today to see if any other progress on US-41 and just north of Gibsonton Dr. on the west side of the street there is a large tower there. I was going by quickly but looked like Sprint RRUs were up and I did see a truck at the base of the tower working. I haven't seen anyone there in a while so looks like that one will be done soon.

Although it appears someone else has as well, I did a little more mapping around the tower that is LTE hot that is off of 78th street on the east side of the street just south of Causeway. Seems to have pretty good coverage. I also took a drive back down 41 and did confirm Sprint RRUs up on the tower just north of Gibsonton Dr. on the huge tower there on the east side of the street. Not hot yet but there were folks there in a truck at the bottom doing some work.

Where is the enthusiasm in the Tampa market here that started when the first sites began? Still many more sites to go!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think because I see so much of it over here where I am that I just don't think of it that much.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Dish network has offered 25.5 billion in cash and stocks to buy sprint. I read that on Fox 13 web site.

Yeah there is a pretty lengthy post already discussing it. Seems that the masses think this is bad news for Sprint. I think I prefer Softbank as a parent company as well after reading some others opinions.

Yeah there is a pretty lengthy post already discussing it. Seems that the masses think this is bad news for Sprint. I think I prefer Softbank as a parent company as well after reading some others opinions.

Either way I think it'll be intresting to see how Sprint works out. I don't know enough about Dish network to give an educated

Although the Marriott site at the airport is not yet active, a site nearby has either gone online or an existing one had some antennas aligned as I noticed some different lte signal strengths driving into the airport this morning.

Although the Marriott site at the airport is not yet active, a site nearby has either gone online or an existing one had some antennas aligned as I noticed some different lte signal strengths driving into the airport this morning.

It could be the one on Hillsborough Ave just west of the Veterans. It has nv equipment all ready to go.

It could be the one on Hillsborough Ave just west of the Veterans. It has nv equipment all ready to go.

You just might be right. I don't travel on that side too often so hopefully someone will map that one.