Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

All these tests were run from within my home around 1 mile SSW from the tower at SR54 & Morris Bridge Road...

na9arysa.jpg

a7u9yved.jpg

mubyvazu.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

What a difference a wall and roof make on your LTE speeds.

Definitely. LTE signal is more fragile. Cramming more data in the same spectrum requires optimal signal conditions and more antennas. But when it's good, it's great!

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

The house definitely drops the signal and speed down. But it is much better that 3G. I used to get between 300kbps and 1.5Mbps on 3G at the same location. The test will be at my mom's house. She lives roughly 3-5 miles NE of that tower. She has horrendously bad signal indoors, and barely there signal outside. Same for my sister a few blocks away. I'll give test the signal at their houses soon and report back. No chance 800mhz has been enabled on that tower? Any way to check? Carlos

The house definitely drops the signal and speed down. But it is much better that 3G. I used to get between 300kbps and 1.5Mbps on 3G at the same location. The test will be at my mom's house. She lives roughly 3-5 miles NE of that tower. She has horrendously bad signal indoors, and barely there signal outside. Same for my sister a few blocks away. I'll give test the signal at their houses soon and report back. No chance 800mhz has been enabled on that tower? Any way to check? Carlos

You can check and see if the SID looks like 22xxx, but I doubt its active. I've been driving around looking for 800mhz with my app but haven't found anything yet. 800mhz smr is what I'm most excited for!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

This morning I am unable to connect to eHRPD in the Pasco/Hillsborough area, I can only connect to EVDO rev A. I toggle airplane mode it tries to connect for 30 seconds or so to eHRPD then falls back to EVDO. I wonder if its just my phone or a regional software update?

This morning I am unable to connect to eHRPD in the Pasco/Hillsborough area, I can only connect to EVDO rev A. I toggle airplane mode it tries to connect for 30 seconds or so to eHRPD then falls back to EVDO. I wonder if its just my phone or a regional software update?

Now that you mention it, mine only shows EVDO as well.

I saw that one day right around a tower that then went live a few hours later. I bet Sprint is working on the network...

My network also says evdo today. What does evdo mean?

Its they same 3G data as eHRPD. It just gets routed through a different core.

However its significant to us because it implies they are doing some sort of software upgrade/maintenance across the area.

• Like 1

Its they same 3G data as eHRPD. It just gets routed through a different core.

However its significant to us because it implies they are doing some sort of software upgrade/maintenance across the area.

Thanks you.

I've been having problems with Sensorly on my device lately. It won't always start mapping a trip (I hit start, and the timer never moves from zero). Last night was one of those times. Any other Motorola Photon Q users with the same problem?

It seems to be coming from the tower near Ridge/Moon Lake/DeCubellis.

A while back (early November) I posted some pics of a tower near me. I am on the east end of Summerfield in Riverview. The newest tower near me on the south end of the Covington Park subdivision in Riverview is too far away, at least the way the direction the antennas are aimed to make it to me, even outdoors. The other closest one, which really is a good deal away on Bell Shoals, used to give me a weak signal, but that has since changed.

The pics that I did post were of a tower on the northeast end of the Panther Trace subdivision near Panther Trace and Balm Riverview Rd. It appeared AT&T had upgraded that site already, as well as others, but alas not Sprint. Well, because I am tired of the treadmill, I decided to take a bicycle ride. Low and behold when I came up to the tower yesterday I saw the pullies and lines on the tower. Looked promising that work might be taking place soon. Rode the bicycle that way again today and sure enough, I caught a glimpse of the guy running lines up the tower.

Based on that I would say that the tower located in the Panther Trace sub in Riverview is underway and should bridge the gap between the Covington Park tower and Bell Shoals and maybe give me some 4G here (although when I am at home I use WiFi).

Here are a few photos taken (not with my good camera however so no close ups of the tower dog on there). He probably wouldn't wave either as it was very windy out today.

http://bit.ly/12uSAc8

http://bit.ly/15ymw4O

http://bit.ly/XTw08s

Well looks like I'll have to get some new pics tomorrow. The cable guy, during the high winds, had the cables run and them draped over the three sides of the tower where the existing Sprint panels are. I have been riding my bike there every day (good excuse for exercise). I haven't been able to get over there this week as I have been working late. Well, when I arrived home I took a walk out to the back yard with my binoculars and low and behold I see the tower dogs have been busy this week as I see the Sprint panels with the RRUs in the configuration we are used to seeing. Am off tomorrow so will take a bicycle ride over and if they haven't finished up there maybe I will catch a glimpse of them working. So, looks like another tower in Riverview is now in the completion process. It's the one in Panther Trace subdivision closest to Balm Riverview Road.

LTE service indoors around -80 dBm. This test was done off Combee road in Lakeland. I've mapped the area on sensorly.

iKmTmma.png

Also, has anyone noticed eHRPD sometimes is slower than EVDO? Maybe the LTE core isn't quite ready yet..