Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Picked up some new coverage on route 230 through Steelton/Highspire heading into south Harrisburg. Also picking up new ehrpd signals north of Harrisburg in the town of Dauphin along route 322. All tracked on sensorly.

Yeah. Somebody launch a big party boat on the Susquehanna. Shentel has coverage for at least 30 miles on the river around Harrisburg. Time for a S4gru cruise.

• Like 2

Does anybody happen to know if Shentel territory extends into Elizabethtown, or does that cross over into Alcatel at that point?

Well I know Shentel covers Hershey. But Elizabethtown might start cross over into Alcatel coverage and be part of the Central PA market with Lancaster.

• Like 1

Does anybody happen to know if Shentel territory extends into Elizabethtown, or does that cross over into Alcatel at that point?

Alcatel is deploying NV for Shentel and Sprint in the area.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

PythonFan-- Elizabethtown is in Lancaster County. That is NOT Shentel Territory. Sprint corporate is responsible in Lancaster County.

I remember seeing a site just west of Elizabethtown college and it was on Sid 4168 if I remember correctly, The Philadelphia SID.

If you go west of that site very far, you transfer to the Shentel System, I am not sure exactly where anymore. I do not know if it still happens, but years ago, you would lose the call as you went west out of Elizabethtown and had to transfer from the Sprint site to a Shentel site. Shentel covers Dauphin and York Counties.

It looks like on the Sprint Coverage maps that they have LTE service live in the Fort Valley of Virginia. If anyone finds themselves available to run Sensorly down Fort Valley and plot the coverage, that would be great. I haven't been to Fort Valley since 1991. I really enjoyed it there. A lot of peaceful solitude.

Robert

PythonFan-- Elizabethtown is in Lancaster County. That is NOT Shentel Territory. Sprint corporate is responsible in Lancaster County.

I remember seeing a site just west of Elizabethtown college and it was on Sid 4168 if I remember correctly, The Philadelphia SID.

If you go west of that site very far, you transfer to the Shentel System, I am not sure exactly where anymore. I do not know if it still happens, but years ago, you would lose the call as you went west out of Elizabethtown and had to transfer from the Sprint site to a Shentel site. Shentel covers Dauphin and York Counties.

Yeah, I know what county its in (that's where I go when I head up that way), and I didn't think it was Shentel there, but just wanted to check to be sure. Thanks!

It looks like on the Sprint Coverage maps that they have LTE service live in the Fort Valley of Virginia. If anyone finds themselves available to run Sensorly down Fort Valley and plot the coverage, that would be great. I haven't been to Fort Valley since 1991. I really enjoyed it there. A lot of peaceful solitude.

Robert

Fort Valley is just East of Woodstock so I don't see why not.

Sprint's/Shentel's are fairly distinctive vs other carriers. If you can get a picture, we can probably tell you.

I was able to get closer to the tower but I only had my LTEVO to take the picture with. What do you think? Sprint/Shentel? or other?

IMAG1795.jpg

IMAG1796.jpg

Hey guys, you might like this. Just added more to Sensorly on rte. 7 no gaps in between 3g and 4g coverage.

This was a 40 mile stretch.

[ATTACH]1093[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Added sensorly data along Union Deposit and 22. Impressed how quickly coverage is expanding. Also, Shentel has upgraded another site along Rt. 39 near the interesection with Colonial Rd. which isn't broadcasting LTE yet.

• Like 1

LTE is on in Red Lion & Dallastown PA as of today. I have mapped some of it on Sensorly on my way home tonight, will be sure to add more tmw in my commutes

Yes, Do it Do it. York has about 8 active upgraded sites, but Sensorly does not show them all. Somebody needs to find the sites.

Posted some new spots westbound on the PA turnpike near Carlisle last weekend.

I've noticed I have to toggle airplane mode if I'm coming into a 4G area having just left a 3G else, I stay on 3G. Perhaps its the modem on the GS3.

Oh...they're so close to Frederick, MD. LTE to the north, west, and east. Any idea who is responsible for Frederick? Shentel or Corporate?

Frederick is part of the DC market.

Oh...they're so close to Frederick, MD. LTE to the north, west, and east. Any idea who is responsible for Frederick? Shentel or Corporate?

Sorry to tell you that Corporate is responsible for Frederick. Territory EAST of Myersville is all Corporate. If you go to the top of the mountain on I-70 and cross into Washington County, you will find LTE Right now. However, if you look at the Sensorly web site, you can see Corporate is starting to convert sites to NV in several areas around Frederick. You just may be getting very close to having some LTE.

Sorry to tell you that Corporate is responsible for Frederick. Territory EAST of Myersville is all Corporate. If you go to the top of the mountain on I-70 and cross into Washington County, you will find LTE Right now. However, if you look at the Sensorly web site, you can see Corporate is starting to convert sites to NV in several areas around Frederick. You just may be getting very close to having some LTE.

Awesome. I've been to Hagerstown recently, which is totally saturated with LTE. And I see Sensorly showing it rapidly expanding towards Frederick (it's east of Frederick on I-70, and east of Frederick on I-70), figured it wouldn't be long. Most important to me are the towers just north of Frederick up near Fort Detrick. Thanks for the info.