Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Looks like a little blip of LTE has appeared on Sensorly in Big Pool, MD (just west of Clear Spring and North of Ft. Frederick). I wonder if Hancock, MD will be getting LTE soon.

Looks like a little blip of LTE has appeared on Sensorly in Big Pool, MD (just west of Clear Spring and North of Ft. Frederick). I wonder if Hancock, MD will be getting LTE soon.

KHoff ---That is more than a little "Blip" of LTE west of Clear Spring. Any "blip" of LTE that large is a completed NV cell site.

Looks like somebody with Sensorly running on their phone traveled I-70 and picked it up.

Do you happen to have Sensorly on your phone ?? if not, can we talk you into installing it and starting it as you travel through the area. I assure you, Shentel has not forgotten your area and more activity is coming from them.

We do not have enough Sensorly users especially in "low population" areas to cover the territory properly. When Shentel does upgrade another site around Clear Spring or Hancock, we need somebody to plot it on Sensorly. We need somebody to have Sensorly running and drive over Route 40 as well as I-70, plus some of the side roads. There has to be more LTE available around "Clear Spring" right now than is showing on Sensorly.

Do not be surprised to see LTE around Hancock soon. Shentel is working hard on a bunch of local cell sites.

• Like 1

KHoff ---That is more than a little "Blip" of LTE west of Clear Spring. Any "blip" of LTE that large is a completed NV cell site.

Looks like somebody with Sensorly running on their phone traveled I-70 and picked it up.

Do you happen to have Sensorly on your phone ?? if not, can we talk you into installing it and starting it as you travel through the area. I assure you, Shentel has not forgotten your area and more activity is coming from them.

We do not have enough Sensorly users especially in "low population" areas to cover the territory properly. When Shentel does upgrade another site around Clear Spring or Hancock, we need somebody to plot it on Sensorly. We need somebody to have Sensorly running and drive over Route 40 as well as I-70, plus some of the side roads. There has to be more LTE available around "Clear Spring" right now than is showing on Sensorly.

Do not be surprised to see LTE around Hancock soon. Shentel is working hard on a bunch of local cell sites.

Well that is some great news!

Yes, I have Sensorly on my phone. Unfortunately I only travel down to Hagerstown once every couple weeks. I will, however, be on the lookout for LTE around the Hancock area and map it as soon as I can.

Next Monday when I travel down to Hagerstown I will certainly have Sensorly running and try to map a bit more around the Clear Spring area, especially along Rt. 40. Hopefully my Evo LTE will be able to pick up LTE well enough to map some new spots.

• Like 1

I just posted this down in the forum but I thought it would be a relevant repost here:

Shentel highlights from their earnings release:

- As of December 31, 2012, the Company had upgraded 200 of its 516 cell sites to 4G LTE, covering 55% of our covered PCS POPs

-The Company expects that capital spending will remain elevated, particularly during the first half of 2013, as the Company works to complete cell site upgrades as part of the Network Vision project.

- The Company expects to spend a total of approximately $115 million on capital expenditures to implement 4G LTE services in its PCS service area in conjunction with Sprint Nextel's Network Vision project, including $30 million spent during 2012 and $85 million remaining to be spent in 2013, in addition to on-going capital spending to support capacity needs on the wireless network.

Nothing to groundbreaking but good numbers overall for the company and it's good to see that they are adding subscribers.

Hopefully on the earnings call tomorrow (3/1) there is some good Q&A from the analysts related to their 4G buildout.

I also can't wait for them to finish building out their coverage in central PA. It's night and day when I travel from Harrisburg to Philadelphia (though it is improving noticeably in pockets in and around the Philly market).

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, DCC.

On Monday I did some mapping on Sensorly around the Clear Spring, Big Pool and Williamsport areas. Mapped along Rt. 68 (Clear Spring Rd.) out of Williamsport and then on Rt. 56 (Big Pool Rd.). Unfortunately, my connection to LTE was a bit spotty. Also I mapped a bit of US-40 from Clear Spring heading west until US-40 connects to I-70.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Philadelphia is starting to light up towers in the area. I'm occasionally seeing 4G on my Galaxy III driving to and from work and in my data usage seeing some 4G usage. We can only hope!

I think Philadelphia is starting to light up towers in the area. I'm occasionally seeing 4G on my Galaxy III driving to and from work and in my data usage seeing some 4G usage. We can only hope!

Philadelphia is definitely now on the up and up. Philly is not in the Shentel market though. We have a separate thread for the Philadelphia Metro market. Thanks!

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I think it's time to end this thread. It's a redundant thread as there is already a Shentel market thread too. And a lot of the mysteries of the Shentel deployment have been solved. Thread closed.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk