Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Havent had 4g since the sg2... And on the lg g2 we lost the ability to force LTE with the kit Kat update..... No more 4g since the towers arent csfb near me

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Well I thought I was forcing lte until I read this. I was before KitKat anyway. Currently sitting in cave city ky near mammoth cave pulling down 30mbps on lte. Will miss this when we get back. Someday...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wondering if I should wait out this NV completion or switch to a non tri-band device. This not being able to connect to lte while a few around me can is a killer lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wondering if I should wait out this NV completion or switch to a non tri-band device. This not being able to connect to lte while a few around me can is a killer lol.

Step down to my phone, the Kyocera Torque. It will handle getting thrown across the room when you don't get an incoming call lol!

• Like 1

Step down to my phone, the Kyocera Torque. It will handle getting thrown across the room when you don't get an incoming call lol!

Was thinking more like the Note 3. Um still with in my 14 day grace period. 3G is way to slow ... anything to make it usaable lol

Was thinking more like the Note 3. Um still with in my 14 day grace period. 3G is way to slow ... anything to make it usaable lol

No way until the area is city wide NV 3G cluster launched. Samsung isn't firing up anything till then due to the hard handoffs between legacy and network vision equipment.

Best bet is probably just go to a prepaid MVNO running on another network and then checking back after NV 3G is fired up. 

• Like 1

No way until the area is city wide NV 3G cluster launched. Samsung isn't firing up anything till then due to the hard handoffs between legacy and network vision equipment.

Best bet is probably just go to a prepaid MVNO running on another network and then checking back after NV 3G is fired up.

Yeah I keep on hearing June, but at this rate doesn't look like that will be the case. Gonna be a tough choice letting go 9f this beauty of a phone though lol

Yeah I keep on hearing June, but at this rate doesn't look like that will be the case. Gonna be a tough choice letting go 9f this beauty of a phone though lol

I'm not sure what phone you were using prior, but I would probably go back to that and save your upgrade until more work is completed in the Cincy market. Purely a guess, but since Columbus is getting pretty close to NV 1.0 complete, I bet the crews will be heading to Cincy next, probably early-to-mid May.

I'm not sure what phone you were using prior, but I would probably go back to that and save your upgrade until more work is completed in the Cincy market. Purely a guess, but since Columbus is getting pretty close to NV 1.0 complete, I bet the crews will be heading to Cincy next, probably early-to-mid May.

I just signed up with sprint last Saturday, I have an S5. I live in Covington and every now and then I get spurts of 4G and 3G speeds aren't horrible compared to downtown. What keeps me hopeful is that the places I do get lte its really good.

I just signed up with sprint last Saturday, I have an S5. I live in Covington and every now and then I get spurts of 4G and 3G speeds aren't horrible compared to downtown. What keeps me hopeful is that the places I do get lte its really good.

In reality, you have 2-3 months before service gets better in Cincy from what it is today. When that does happen, you're going to have unlimited data on a service that will easily give you 60 MB/s connections with a very low ping, and a voice service that will penetrate through most buildings and basements. It's something absolutely worth waiting or coming back for, but knowing what I know about the Cincy market, it's going to be a rough 2 months for ya.

• Like 1

In reality, you have 2-3 months before service gets better in Cincy from what it is today. When that does happen, you're going to have unlimited data on a service that will easily give you 60 MB/s connections with a very low ping, and a voice service that will penetrate through most buildings and basements. It's something absolutely worth waiting or coming back for, but knowing what I know about the Cincy market, it's going to be a rough 2 months for ya.

What about the surrounding areas? I am in Fairfield, same time frame or is it a separate grouping when the fire up the clusters?

• Like 2

What about the surrounding areas? I am in Fairfield, same time frame or is it a separate grouping when the fire up the clusters?

Hey who knows we probably end up getting Spark here, to compensate those who've been suffering for the past year or so. I know Cincinnati was a Clearwire market.

Hey who knows we probably end up getting Spark here, to compensate those who've been suffering for the past year or so. I know Cincinnati was a Clearwire market.

Band 41 TDD-LTE is Sprint Spark. They've also began deploying the new Samsung 8T8R B41 equipment all over Ohio and other markets as well. See : http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5745-how-to-spot-sprint-8t8r-tdd-lte-rrhs-samsung/

• Like 1

Cincinnati

NV Sites Accepted = 68%LTE Sites Accepted = 49%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2014 (Greenville/Springfield launched 1/2014, Dayton launched 2/2014)Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014

Current Production Rate Completion = June 2014

• Like 1

Cincinnati

NV Sites Accepted = 68%LTE Sites Accepted = 49%

Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2014 (Greenville/Springfield launched 1/2014, Dayton launched 2/2014)Original Scheduled Completion = Q2 2014

Current Production Rate Completion = June 2014

Is this the latest update? Also by accepted they mean completely upgraded?

Fairfield, and up north to Dayton, is included in what Sprint calls Cincinnati market. They seem to be working either north to south or outside to in. I predict Fairfield will have LTE before Colerain or downtown.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Fairfield, and up north to Dayton, is included in what Sprint calls Cincinnati market. They seem to be working either north to south or outside to in. I predict Fairfield will have LTE before Colerain or downtown.

Seems like they are working from all directions in towards downtown. Basing it on Sensorly of course. At home in Covington every now and then my LTE icon lights up for a few seconds, several times a day. I can only assume its testing.

• Like 1

Seems like they are working from all directions in towards downtown. Basing it on Sensorly of course. At home in Covington every now and then my LTE icon lights up for a few seconds, several times a day. I can only assume its testing.

I have the same experience in Colerain. It's band 41. See this article http://s4gru.com/index.php?%2Fblog%2F1%2Fentry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology%2F

My S4 mini can be forced to LTE only mode and stay connected, but I don't get calls or texts.

• Like 1

I have the same experience in Colerain. It's band 41. See this article http://s4gru.com/index.php?%2Fblog%2F1%2Fentry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology%2F

My S4 mini can be forced to LTE only mode and stay connected, but I don't get calls or texts.

Yep, the times I've checked it showed Band41 and the other 3 bands, but 41 was the only one that had information.

My guess is you are picking it up from the tower in Mt. Adams.

Perhaps, although I know Clearwire had a site on W. 4th St in Covington, same building top as Sprint's site. Its about 3 bkocks from the house. If I'm not mistaken band41 is the 2.5Ghz that was formerly Clearwire's. Could that perhaps be the culprit?

Perhaps, although I know Clearwire had a site on W. 4th St in Covington, same building top as Sprint's site. Its about 3 bkocks from the house. If I'm not mistaken band41 is the 2.5Ghz that was formerly Clearwire's. Could that perhaps be the culprit?

Perhaps... more info can be found on the sponsor's forum interactive map ;-)

If I or any other sponsors get around to making a spreadsheet, we might be able to compare serving cells.

• Like 2

Perhaps... more info can be found on the sponsor's forum interactive map ;-)

If I or any other sponsors get around to making a spreadsheet, we might be able to compare serving cells.

I looked at the latest Map and that particle site has no updates. Not sure if that means they haven't gotten to it yet, or if there was an update in the past. I will say I'm liking all the updates around me :-)

• Like 1

Hey guys I actually picked up 1x 800. It's from one of the towers that was recently updated in Newport KY. 3+ plus miles from here (Covington) for about 5 minutes or so. uploadfromtaptalk1398139600458.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398139695380.jpg

• Like 2

Hey guys I actually picked up 1x 800. It's from one of the towers that was recently updated in Newport KY. 3+ plus miles from here (Covington) for about 5 minutes or so. attachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1398139600458.jpgattachicon.gif uploadfromtaptalk1398139695380.jpg

What PRL are you using? The latest stock PRL will only switch to 800 if no 1900 is available. Since this was around midnight, your local tower(s) may have been down, hopefully to be NV upgraded!!