Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Sorry I was quit a bit of distance away because the tower is sitting behind some businesses that I could not get back to so I had to zoom in the best I could. I can't figure out why they have upgraded some of the towers that they did instead of ones with high population/business. The only one close to me is the Richwood tower and that is mainly truck stops and trees. I can pick up the lte from that tower in my neighborhood but as soon as I pull in my driveway it's back to 3g..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thats a great question that only sprint knows...

I live in Kettering (southern suburb of Dayton) and all 3 towers in Kettering haven't even had permits pulled for them, yet most of Huber Heights has all but one tower 3G, 800 voice and 4G active....very aggravating

• Like 1

Well I'm laying here in bed and switched off wifi on my phone and 4G popped up and then it toggled between 4G and ehrpd..something is going on and I hope it's for the good because I've never picked up 4G in my house before

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

4G lit up in Milford yesterday, well Day Heights to be precise. 131 and Buckwheat Rd is covered, presumably from the tower at Miami Meadows Park. Laid down some purple on Sensorly. Will try to cover a bit more tonight.

At one point had a 30mbps download test on Speedtest.net.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me the precise locations of the towers that would service downtown?  Would like to be able to keep an eye on them for activity, as Wimax has vanished over the past few days and speedtest can't even complete one test over 3G.  I suppose it could be my GS2 in its death throes, but if not, I'm really starting to question my sanity of waiting for LTE.

Anyone know anything about downtown?

Maybe I shouldn't put this here, not sure. But those workers said that Verizon is upgrading 800 towers in Ohio. Wonder what they are doing to their service's?

I would think they are probably adding lte on the AWS spectrum... I thought there were articles about them starting to test it out in NYC or somewhere like that a few months. I will try to find it later and link it for you as an fyi

Maybe I shouldn't put this here, not sure. But those workers said that Verizon is upgrading 800 towers in Ohio. Wonder what they are doing to their service?

Here it is, I knew I read something about it.  Some of the guys here were talking about it in one of the main forums too.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/15/verizons-lte-aws-rollout-begins/

Can anyone tell me the precise locations of the towers that would service downtown?  Would like to be able to keep an eye on them for activity, as Wimax has vanished over the past few days and speedtest can't even complete one test over 3G.  I suppose it could be my GS2 in its death throes, but if not, I'm really starting to question my sanity of waiting for LTE.

Anyone know anything about downtown?

I feel your pain.  I work downtown and I haven't been able to locate the towers either.  And there are so many buildings of all sizes, there is no telling if they are actually visible from street level.  If I can make some free time soon, I will try to do a little scavenger hunt for the towers.

That tower has been upgraded for quite a while. It's not turned on though.

Four of the five towers that are within the city of Hamilton are upgraded. The only one that is not is the one on Rt 4 near McDonalds.

was at hsp today and they where working in the new cabinets at the base. I know its still on legacy but they are working on it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2