Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Well, no. At the most in any given area Sprint has ~14MHz of 800MHz SMR spectrum. In most areas of the country Sprint has significantly more BRS/EBS spectrum than that. In some cases Sprint may have access to as much as 160MHz of the 2.5GHz spectrum. Sprint has considerably more 2.5GHz than 800Mhz spectrum.

• Like 1

On Oct i will be traveling to st. Thomas on a cruise and i hope by that time LTE will be fully functional

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4

So you're saying that the 2.5Ghz spectrum has a large capacity, similar to 800Mhz

800 (SMR) will have the same capacity as that of current 1900 (PCS) LTE. Each section of spectrum does not have more or less capacity, the reason 25/2600 LTE has so much more, is because Sprint is able to use more of it. Much more. More spectrum, more capacity. Over 100MHz in some cases, whereas they only have, as stated, 13 or 14MHz to use in the 800 range. 

It doesn't really matter now but I thought Vieques was getting LTE?  I couldn't even get a data signal over the weekend..  1 bar or roaming and that was all I could get on Vieques.

Edited by buecker

It doesn't really matter now but I thought Vieques was getting LTE?  I couldn't even get a data signal over the weekend..  1 bar or roaming and that was all I could get on Vieques.

Both towers on Vieques and the one on Culebra have been updated to lte unless there is some sort of outage related to the storm from last week, I don't know, may be some of the PR guys can chime in about service issues.

Top speed that I got was 8.5 mbps.

That is great considering the absolute fastest speeds you can get in the VI from any available ISP is 5 mbps(if your lucky) at ridiculous prices.

Does that mean 3 LTE sites in St. Croix now, or are you talking about the one that loverrez posted?

I think its just two thats been accepted, what loverrez is talking about is the same western tower.

The site I am talking about is not accepted by sprint yet but was broadcasting lte last night

Are you talking about the site north west of the airport or the site north east of carambola?

It's the most northern one, sits between the two that were accepted

Oh ok great, hopefully they will get through by the end of this week then head over to st. thomas to finish up.

When Sprint start with St.Thomas, they better start with smith bay / Anna's Retreat. That is the best area on st.Thomas when it comes to signal and data speeds. Too bad the VI can't get state side speeds, ex: 28Mbps, but 3Mbps is good enough for me right now lol. I want to know at&t speeds to sprint's speeds

When Sprint start with St.Thomas, they better start with smith bay / Anna's Retreat. That is the best area on st.Thomas when it comes to signal and data speeds. Too bad the VI can't get state side speeds, ex: 28Mbps, but 3Mbps is good enough for me right now lol. I want to know at&t speeds to sprint's speeds

As long as they start who cares which tower they start on.  As far as att speeds, I have seen an average of about 9mbps to around 14mbps.  Hopefully it will be on by the time I get back.

• Like 1

well...from what i heard..ill be getting lte first! in bovoni! :D..and i stillll have no service till the 17th!!...before all the rain...they shut my tower down to do the lte upgrade...but the rain came n screwed up the launch!!..i dont know if it still stands but thats what i heard..lol i been milkin them...my phone bill went from 101 to less than 25 bucks!!

• Like 1

Another question to everyone about what you think. It is worth to buy LG G2 instead note 3 only because the LTE triband? Maybe in Puerto Rico we will not have 800mhz and 2.6mhz in a long time and no worth loose the note 3 for something unreal. What you think? I have a note 2 and love note but signal strength and coverage is a must these days. I want to make a right choice because I will buy note 3 or LG G2 at full retail price.