Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

weather knock it out

Probably cuz we were under tropical storm watch the last couple of days...-_-

Sent from my EVOLTE using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Probably cuz we were under tropical storm watch the last couple of days...-_-

Sent from my EVOLTE using J.A.R.V.I.S.

my tower been off before the storm...haha so that aint an excuse for me...my tower was on yesterday and back off..they said it should be up by tmr...i heard my tower was setting up lte...but ut hasnt been on in 3 days

• Like 1

How to get credit for a dropped call:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Get_credit_for_dropped_calls/case-ib376964-20090626-161909

In short dial *2 and say 'dropped call credit'. Not sure if it still works...

if i had a dollar for every dropped call..!! id have a good bit a change in my pocket!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Get_credit_for_dropped_calls/case-ib376964-20090626-161909

demand it when u call..when i called for 2 days lady tried to give me 7 bucks off im like naawww when i usually call its 15 and im gonna call today again cuz thatwas 4 days of no service and still none!

• Like 1

Sprint will be close to Bankruptcy when more people know about credit for drop calls hahaha.

Congratulations to all Islands who get LTE. Wonderful!

Rio Piedras campus in University of Puerto Rico have a lot of troubles with signal. I spend this week without signal at UPR Law School. Very bad.

People. I read some Robert comments that at the end of the year Sprint will have complete the job to add 800 mhz spectrum for LTE. Some body read or know something if that includes PR?

Nice to greeting you guys

They definitely have plans for re-banding as the re-banding process is FCC mandated. Check out pages 29 & 30: http://www.800ta.org/content/reporting/QPR_03.31.13.pdf

Unfortunately the Q1 report is the latest available. Hopefully the Q2 report will be available by the end of this month.

Now what Sprint's deployment plans are, if any, may be anyone's guess at this point in time. 

• Like 3

Can anyone explain to me why Sprint is adding new higher frequencies, I read that they will add it with lower frequencies to make it more stable but I don't fully understand it. I know higher frequencies bring higher data speeds, but Sprint said they will add it to crowded cities, and higher frequencies is not good with building penetration. So can somebody explain this?

Can anyone explain to me why Sprint is adding new higher frequencies, I read that they will add it with lower frequencies to make it more stable but I don't fully understand it. I know higher frequencies bring higher data speeds, but Sprint said they will add it to crowded cities, and higher frequencies is not good with building penetration. So can somebody explain this?

Higher frequency doesn't mean faster speeds.

I wish you would have said more than just a sentence -__-

High frequency does not mean higher speeds. 20 MHZ TD-LTE carriers = higher speeds compared to a 5x5mhz FDD-LTE carrier on PCS or SMR at the expense of building penetration and coverage due to higher frequency (2500-2600mhz) compared to 1900mhz or 800mhz. 

So why is sprint bringing a higher frequency even though they're still using the same LTE technology for? Unless they're gonna use new LTE technology, maybe? And since higher frequency isn't good with building penetration, why not put it in less crowded cities instead ofcrowded cities?

TD-LTE will be used on the 2.5GHz spectrum as opposed to FDD-LTE that's being deployed on 1900MHz spectrum. The most compelling reason for deploying the 2.5GHz spectrum is capacity due to the prodigious amount that Sprint has at their disposal in most parts of the country.

• Like 1

So why is sprint bringing a higher frequency even though they're still using the same LTE technology for?

If you have a good signal you don't need to sit in the lower frequencies. You can use the higher ones until your signal degrades and then move you to lower while you need it, building, elevator etc. There is nothing wrong or bad with the higher frequencies. Ideally your provider offers a mix and can move users on the fly based on signal strength.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

How is the network doing on st. Croix and st. Thomas? Still no sign of lte?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

How is the network doing on st. Croix and st. Thomas? Still no sign of lte?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Nothing on St. Thomas as yet but there is one tower on St. Croix with lte so far.

i heard over the rain stx lost it...ill check to see if its back up..today is days 7 of my tower being down at home!

Well that one site has already been accepted by sprint which is a good thing.  Maybe they are working on the rest then will flip the switch all at once but at least we know progress is being made.

TD-LTE will be used on the 2.5GHz spectrum as opposed to FDD-LTE that's being deployed on 1900MHz spectrum. The most compelling reason for deploying the 2.5GHz spectrum is capacity due to the prodigious amount that Sprint has at their disposal in most parts of the country.

So you're saying that the 2.5Ghz spectrum has a large capacity, similar to 800Mhz