Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Drove out to Centerville today. It was quite interesting not checking the completed sites map before leaving then comparing what I experienced to the service received during the trip. West of Columbus I had LTE until near London exits, then no LTE at all until I was on the 675 loop south of Beaver Creek, closer to route 35. Noticed many complete dead spots around the Springfield area where I had 1X only, no CDMA, no LTE, sometimes no 1X. According to the map I should have definitely had LTE most of the trip except between Springfield and Fairborn. Day two of what I'll term NV let down. All this money thrown at NV upgrades and rollouts, yet there are still big service holes. Very disappointing.

I did notice that there are a lot of Clear sites around Springfield and spread over towards Dayton. They don't use the Hyuwai site equipment like Columbus does, I don't know what they use there other than it looks like stick antennas more than panel antennas. Definitely no band 41 present there. 

Noticed many complete dead spots around the Springfield area where I had 1X only, no CDMA, no LTE, sometimes no 1X. 

Having grown up in SW Ohio and then going to tOSU, and thus making the trip from Columbus to south of Dayton hundreds of times, I can say that this has been the case since at least 2008 or 2009 (one of those years is when I started Pandora through my phone as my radio on those drives).  Exits like, 72 to 62 on I-70 especially are terrible.  So perhaps things aren't done totally, as that's been status quo for years on end, but y'all would know more than me.  

For what it's worth, that dead spot doesn't bother me.  It may be an interstate but there's not many people out there, and you're through in 15 (or, uh, 6) minutes.  The "dead spot" (in that data is basically unusable) at Hilltop in what's almost downtown Columbus is what just kills me.  

• Like 2

Having grown up in SW Ohio and then going to tOSU, and thus making the trip from Columbus to south of Dayton hundreds of times, I can say that this has been the case since at least 2008 or 2009 (one of those years is when I started Pandora through my phone as my radio on those drives).  Exits like, 72 to 62 on I-70 especially are terrible.  So perhaps things aren't done totally, as that's been status quo for years on end, but y'all would know more than me.  

For what it's worth, that dead spot doesn't bother me.  It may be an interstate but there's not many people out there, and you're through in 15 (or, uh, 6) minutes.  The "dead spot" (in that data is basically unusable) at Hilltop in what's almost downtown Columbus is what just kills me.  

If the location is within a couple of miles of 1900 LTE (band 25, ie traditional LTE), band 26 LTE (think long distance or brick building penetration) should fill it in.  Limited rollout so far of band 26 LTE, but Sprint covered one large metro area literally overnight (166 sites) and then has several rural small town areas.  If everything goes to plan, Columbus will also have an awesome band 41 network (think high speed LTE in a smaller area).  A true Spark city!!

All of that stated, I do agree that there are areas that they should add towers.  The big action in Columbus right now appears to be lighting up entire areas at once (clusters), so we just have to wait and see what is next (actually, we go out and check on progress, but that is the sponsor side of the story).

• Like 1

Here are the pics from the Brisbane Ave tower in Westerville. It looks like they are done although there boom lift is still here, but there's no crew.

So the question is when will it go live?!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Here are the pics from the Brisbane Ave tower in Westerville. It looks like they are done although there boom lift is still here, but there's no crew.

Great Pics!  Thanks for posting them.

ydaqerun.jpgu5uge4eb.jpgha3a3ana.jpgsehubuqy.jpgy4yvu9e6.jpggybemeze.jpgymabu9ab.jpgzumy5a3a.jpg

2aduqeqy.jpg

Besides taking pictures of the wrong cabinets :rasp:  GREAT JOB!

I had to bust ya chops a little, but great pictures for a camera on a phone sir. Seriously. It's appreciated. B)

No problem! This is the tower that is serving my home. I can't wait till the "switches is flipped".

Spreadsheet updated.  You should really make a donation and become a sponsor.  You will NOT be disappointed with the information / maps / spreadsheet that we have created for Columbus. Just FYI.

Besides taking pictures of the wrong cabinets :rasp:  GREAT JOB!

I had to bust ya chops a little, but great pictures for a camera on a phone sir. Seriously. It's appreciated. B)

Thanks for not deleting the pictures first in your quote...  :rasp:   :lol:

Thanks for not deleting the pictures first in your quote... :rasp::lol:

How do I become a sponsor?

Coz-what can you tell from the pics? Which is the LTE antenna?

• Like 2

A small donation.... Go to s4gru from a pc or full version and not Tapatalk or mobile. On main page you'll see donation information. You'll get more information and access to maps, etc...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've made a donation. How do I access all the good stuff?!

Robert has to process the donation. Can be a few minutes to a few hours. Keep checking. You will eventually get a welcome message from him thanking you. You would be activated before that. 

Once you're in, you would be able to access the Sponsor forums back from the main page.

• Like 2

I've made a donation. How do I access all the good stuff?!

You should be in, if you didn't already find out.  Check out the Columbus Market / Sponsor thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3906-how-to-spot-sprint-antennas-and-rrus-samsung-style/

My area -74 serving cell 504

We need a little more information from you than that chief.

Can you provide us the closest cross street to where you are? Providing the GCI DEC with help as well.

Might be a site we know if but has incomplete PCI info. Certain people and their sloppy hunting habits. :) I have my guess which site it is.

I think I road past that site on Sunday. Didnt realize we were missing a PCI.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk