Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

should I expect to see lte in columbus in spring aswell or should I be getting it sooner

Probably Spring as well for the very first sightings in the market.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Dayton is in the Cincinnati market. Dayton will receive Network Vision/LTE upgrades with Cincinnati, starting this Spring.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Good the hear. For some reason I was thinking Dayton/Springfield was its own small market. Maybe I was thinking of a differnet carrier.

Good the hear. For some reason I was thinking Dayton/Springfield was its own small market. Maybe I was thinking of a differnet carrier.

Many assume that, because Sprint never had 4G WiMax in Dayton when it was deployed in Cincinnati. And that is because the 4G WiMax network was deployed and operated by Clearwire. And Clearwire has Dayton and Cincinnati in separate markets.

In fact, Clearwire had an old 3G-like technology called Expedience that was deployed in the Dayton area. It is the reason why they never deployed WiMax in Dayton, because they already had a network there. And by the time Clearwire would have gotten around and converted that network to WiMax, they ran out of money and nearly went bankrupt. Sprint has had to bail them out several times just to stay afloat.

Robert

Many assume that, because Sprint never had 4G WiMax in Dayton when it was deployed in Cincinnati. And that is because the 4G WiMax network was deployed and operated by Clearwire. And Clearwire has Dayton and Cincinnati in separate markets.

In fact, Clearwire had an old 3G-like technology called Expedience that was deployed in the Dayton area. It is the reason why they never deployed WiMax in Dayton, because they already had a network there. And by the time Clearwire would have gotten around and converted that network to WiMax, they ran out of money and nearly went bankrupt. Sprint has had to bail them out several times just to stay afloat.

Robert

Yes, the pre-WiMax "Clearwire, but not CLEAR, and certainly not Sprint" network didn't really help figuring out which market was which. I don't know what was worse, that Dayton never got WiMax or didn't get it because of that crappy network.

• Like 1

Link?

You have to be a member in order to view the map. If you can give a donation or of 20 or more will give you access to the map and much more information, but whatever you can afford will work as it helps support and keeps the site running. Here's the link once you have donated http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3004-columbus-permits-for-network-vision/

Guy at a local Sprint store told me yesterday we're getting LTE in Columbus 6-8 months from now and that we're "lucky" because they're ahead of schedule. Of course, I have no idea if that guy actually knows what he's talking about.

• Like 1

Guy at a local Sprint store told me yesterday we're getting LTE in Columbus 6-8 months from now and that we're "lucky" because they're ahead of schedule. Of course, I have no idea if that guy actually knows what he's talking about.

Permits have been pulled for work in Columbus i would say that hes wroung on that. Work should be starting anytime now if not already. It will be a month or two once they get started til you may see the first signs of LTE but that may be how long it may to complete the whole market would be 6-8 months roughly.

It'll start before that. They have no more of a clue of it than we do.

• 3 weeks later...

Also where do I go to donate I've looked several times and cannot find where to donate!?

Click the forums tab at the top of the page. At the top right of the main forums page is a donate button. When you donate also include your username for S4GRU in the memo.

• Like 1

Also where do I go to donate I've looked several times and cannot find where to donate!?

This thread discusses Sponsorship and how to donate: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Well I've seen several down towers. There was one on 104 and Jackson in Grove City on South West side of Columbus for example this past week. Hoping it wasn't literally down and that maybe some NV was gracing it!

My tower is down in Granville, OH right now. It's been down since about 1700 yesterday. No voice or data being broadcasted.

Was hoping there doing upgrades but prolly not working on the weekend...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

My tower is down in Granville, OH right now. It's been down since about 1700 yesterday. No voice or data being broadcasted.

Was hoping there doing upgrades but prolly not working on the weekend...

Did your tower ever come back?

Not as of 2pm today when I left for work... I'll check when I get home.

Did you get an actual ticket number or did they just say they were opening a ticket? I talked to some morons there a couple times and they said they were doing something, but I didn't get anything resolved until a ticket went to something that I think was named OKCQC.. Once the ticket was opened they had to call me back in a day or so for status.

The regular reps on the customer service line can't do anything.

Did you get an actual ticket number or did they just say they were opening a ticket? I talked to some morons there a couple times and they said they were doing something, but I didn't get anything resolved until a ticket went to something that I think was named OKCQC.. Once the ticket was opened they had to call me back in a day or so for status.

The regular reps on the customer service line can't do anything.

I got ticket confirmation, someone else beat me to it and opened the ticket. They added me to the ticket and emailed me confirmation.

Service is back as of last night but my wife said it wasn't as clear before the outage. I'm about to turn the airave and test the signal and clarity.

• Like 1

I seem to have a tower down near me in Reynoldsburg off New Albany-Reynoldsburg Rd. It actually may be the one right near my house. I'm not saying for sure that all these towers being down are related, but it seems like a bit of a coincidence. Wonder if work is really kicking off. There are enough towers in Reynoldsburg that I still get coverage at 3 bars from another tower, but I'm used to full signal. I'd have to go into field test menus to see actual signal strength on my iphone.

Could be absolutely nothing. Just seems like with service hiccups in multiple areas at the same time that they may be doing some prep work.

That's a network ticket you can only do one once its been pushed to the higher bosses, did they ask for your address? It takes 3 ppl to get them out

Yes, or was an open ticket bc the tower is now fixed. They stated the 3 towers were degraded.... They told me to call back and request an account credit for my troubles once the issue was fixed, calling now!