Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I have heard from friends that people have been seeing 4g flickerings around certain areas of columbus.

Ask your friends where at... I drive all over central, Ohio and haven't seen any yet. I can drive around the area and test, even trying to force with airplane mode.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Ok, I'll be waiting for a response. Just checked sensorly and no lte for sprint yet...

When we get first taste of lte, you guys better map it, lol

Been following this thread for awhile and feel compelled to leave a message. I've heard from a good source that lte will not be in Columbus until 2014 but to expect revamped 3G first. Can anyone counter that?

Been following this thread for awhile and feel compelled to leave a message. I've heard from a good source that lte will not be in Columbus until 2014 but to expect revamped 3G first. Can anyone counter that?

I'm not sure we have any information to counter it per se, but it is typical of a lot of markets to upgrade 3G first then turn on LTE. I really have a hard time believing they wouldn't fire up the LTE network however - but that remains to be seen.

Columbus is a Samsung market. Samsung tends to bring LTE up first in their deployments. Alcatel Lucent is the NV OEM that usually starts with 3G. GMO sites will start with 3G only in the Columbus market. However, full build sites are very likely to be LTE first.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Progress!!!

This is the site at 556 Norton Rd. I drive by it everyday to and from work. A new cabinet was there on a trailer this morning now it looks like the cabinet is inside and they are working on it. I'll try to get a better picture later. I snapped this with my iPhone while driving down the road.

post-6775-0-63802900-1362591802_thumb.jpg

post-6775-0-61002000-1362592397_thumb.jpg

Edited by ArmyStrong34
  • Like 4

Progress!!!

This is the site at 556 Norton Rd. I drive by it everyday to and from work. A new cabinet was there on a trailer this morning now it looks like the cabinet is inside and they are working on it. I'll try to get a better picture later. I snapped this with my iPhone while driving down the road.

Awesome!! I figured that was going to be one of the first ones as was one of the first permits for Columbus pulled. I actually stopped by this tower a few weeks ago. Then I stopped in a really scary gas station by it after.

Keep us updated!

Apparently the flickerings were on east side. Farrrr east. Newark/Heath they've had some work done and then ppl started getting patchy 4g. I can tell more detailed in PM

Calling Newark/Heath the "east side" is pretty generous, considering they're not even in the same county. Drat.

Hoping things are getting in motion closer to home, though. I'm in the OSU area and my 3G has been consistently abysmal. No signs of improvement in my neck of the woods.

Apparently the flickerings were on east side. Farrrr east. Newark/Heath they've had some work done and then ppl started getting patchy 4g. I can tell more detailed in PM

Not seeing anything on Sensorly yet. If you're a member here, you could post more details in the Ohio specific thread in the member side.

Starting in Newark or Heath wouldn't be surprising for me given Sprint's track record of starting at the outside and working their way in. Though that is pretty far out.

Calling Newark/Heath the "east side" is pretty generous, considering they're not even in the same county. Drat.

Hoping things are getting in motion closer to home, though. I'm in the OSU area and my 3G has been consistently abysmal. No signs of improvement in my neck of the woods.

Actually, you want to hear that. Central Ohio market will be affected but instead of the usual rollout from inside the market to the out, however we here will be outside and then in. Look at central Indiana perfect example. Muncy then Indy

Feel free to check out the sponsored section (Columbus, OH Permits) in which I've posted some new permits that are in fact pulled in Newark, OH. Earliest permit was pulled in early February. It's possible although unlikely that the work is already done.

• Like 1

I live in Granville, on the edge of Newark and 5 minutes from heath. Let me know where they got the signal and I'll map it tomorrow in my day off.