Lied about the speeds on B41. Had one test hit 70mbps and end up at 67mbps!! I'm getting my car detailed right now so when I get home I'll post the screen shots asap

Where do you get your car done? And those are incredible speeds. Makes me want to buy a nexus right now.

Interesting. Have an idea of which tower is doing that broadcasting? Because I have officially pretty much lost 3g and am stuck on 1x on this side and think it may have something to do with you picking up b41. Also, ever notice those antennas at the top of the raddison only point in 3 directions....East west and north. No south there? (aka my area)

• Like 1

Bill's Car Wash on Colonial. AND YEAH COME TO THE DARK SIDE. We have cookies and 60mbps+ lte

Thanks for the engineering screen info. And Bill's Car Wash is the best! That is where I take my car when I get too lazy to do it myself.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Interesting. Have an idea of which tower is doing that broadcasting? Because I have officially pretty much lost 3g and am stuck on 1x on this side and think it may have something to do with you picking up b41. Also, ever notice those antennas at the top of the raddison only point in 3 directions....East west and north. No south there? (aka my area)

There's a Clear site on top of the Radison which is co-located with a Sprint legacy site. It looks like the antennas that are the highest with RRU's are for Clear, and the smaller skinnier ones on the base of the roof are the Sprint legacy. It was either that one or another stand alone Clear tower at Colonial and 408 that I was connecting to. There's no way (that I know of) to narrow down what site is your phone is receiving LTE from. But those two sites would be my guesses for the B41 connection.

• Like 2

Are there any towers on the property of universal?  Even when the park is empty(I was there all day on Thursday), there is absolutely no coverage despite my phone saying it has service(and 3G at that)

Are there any towers on the property of universal?  Even when the park is empty(I was there all day on Thursday), there is absolutely no coverage despite my phone saying it has service(and 3G at that)

Nope, the closest tower to universal is about a half mile away from property, and I don't believe it has NV upgrades. I can attest to not so great service there.. Hopefully soon the site will be upgraded, preferably to a high capacity one.

Nope... Every time I go there I just turn my phone into airplane mode or completely turn off data. It's useless there.

Went there summer 2013 with the lg viper, headache to where I just airplane mode it

Side note: Don't know if anyone is hunting for LTE 2600 / LTE 800 in the Daytona / Deltona area, but just ordered my G2  :lurk:

• Like 1

Bad news is there will be no LTE 800 in Orlando until after the end of the 2nd quarter, good news is almost all of the legacy 2.5 (over 95% of it) has been Spark enabled,

Where did you hear this? All of Florida except markets within 80 miles of miami-dade have had 800 rebanding complete. And 2.5 means nothing to me as I have a 5S :( and you have an S3... sigh

• Like 1

Yeah where did you hear this?

Bad news is there will be no LTE 800 in Orlando until after the end of the 2nd quarter, good news is almost all of the legacy 2.5 (over 95% of it) has been Spark enabled,

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Regarding LTE800, check your sources, mine say otherwise for Orlando deployment and consider the line below my picture.. I'll just leave it at that. 

And I can attest to a good number of 2.5 sites being upgraded for LTE but I don't think it's quite 95 percent yet as I have found from my own experiences that 1 in every 3 Clearwire site I've encountered in Orlando was not LTE accepted. 

• Like 1

Just got myself an airave. Now I have 5 bars in my house instead of 0-1. 3g is still unusable but I blame that on the legacy site I connect to. What matters to me is being able to make  phone call when I have too. So all is well :) Also noticed the voice quality is much better. Odd

Edit: I just did a second speed test and clocked about 161 ping and 1.39 download .69 up. Big improvement from the 0.00 and  0.06 I was getting earlier today. Gotta hand it to Sprint, their customer service came through very quick when I told them I dropped 15 calls and had to leave my apartment and go to my leasing office just to call comcast ( and the call dropped twice there as well). :) Satisfied customer here.

• Like 1

I'm confused on the order with which they are doing this rollout. Are they going to deploy 2.5Ghz then 800Mhz? Are they going to be rolling out both 2.5Ghz/800Mhz, hence Sprint Spark at the same time? Since we've already had a speed test with 2.5Ghz, does that mean 2.5Ghz is currently being rolled out around town first?

Also, in other markets, how long from when they started rolling out their 800Mhz band did they launch Sprint Spark in those markets?

I'm confused on the order with which they are doing this rollout. Are they going to deploy 2.5Ghz then 800Mhz? Are they going to be rolling out both 2.5Ghz/800Mhz, hence Sprint Spark at the same time? Since we've already had a speed test with 2.5Ghz, does that mean 2.5Ghz is currently being rolled out around town first?

Also, in other markets, how long from when they started rolling out their 800Mhz band did they launch Sprint Spark in those markets?

As of now, LTE2500 is a separate rollout that was going to happen regardless of a clearwire/sprint merger. Clear had plans to convert all existing wimax sites to LTE and where actively doing this when the merger went though. The plans have since continued as scheduled, which is why we are seeing B41 active in Orlando today. LTE800, as well as 1x800, should arrive in Orlando relatively soon as it is now actively being deployed throughout the country.

The second half of Network Vision will involve adding 2.5 to all sites that do not have clearwire antennas co-located, and moving existing 2.5 equipment to NV racks at sites that are co-located. I believe this is estimated to be completed by the end of 2015.

It's very exciting indeed, as I've been enjoying B41 for the last week or so on my Nexus 5. The only thing that is lacking in this market is the building penetration benefits of 800mhz. When that is complete I'm confident that the performance I experience will be on par, if not better, than Verizon and AT&T. 

• Like 1

i live off rouse and university.  i really hope they get these towers up and running over here

Usually I get pretty decent speeds out that way. There's a tower on the NE side of Rouse and University that I get pretty decent LTE performance from, I wonder if it was running into issues.

Usually I get pretty decent speeds out that way. There's a tower on the NE side of Rouse and University that I get pretty decent LTE performance from, I wonder if it was running into issues.

i'm not sure what is going on right now, but it is annoying at times.  there is a sprint store off of university by world of beer, and sometimes i figure they have a few mini towers or something in there that i'm picking up on because i'll get 5 bars

i'm not sure what is going on right now, but it is annoying at times.  there is a sprint store off of university by world of beer, and sometimes i figure they have a few mini towers or something in there that i'm picking up on because i'll get 5 bars

Nope, there's a tower directly behind that shopping center. If you park in the back you will see it

Question. Does the airave 3G speeds represent what I would actually have assuming I have a decent connection? If so I average around 1.5-2.3 down on 3G which is fast as hell for me. Secondly, even though I don't use anything but wifi in the house, my iphone seems to stay on 1x instead of 3G. It'll switch to 3G then right back to 1x and it stays there and won't revert. Probably has something to do with the fact it's an iphone lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk