I, for the first time, am screenshot-less because I was using my navigation because I had no idea where I was . Pretty much from lake Baldwin fleets people park all the way to the regal cinemas down there I had LTE. It was a pretty consistent signal never went below like 3 or 4 bars. I did do a speed test at a light but I closed it before it finished. Download was something like 15 down and 1 up with a really good ping. I was impressed. Also, there are a ton of beautiful houses down there. Wouldn't mind living there if I decide to make Orlando my permanent home.

That was the signal you were probably getting from the Winter Park Towers, it extends out to quite a distance. As for the homes in Baldwin Park, they are priced from $500,000 to $1,000,000

• Like 1

That was the signal you were probably getting from the Winter Park Towers, it extends out to quite a distance. As for the homes in Baldwin Park, they are priced from $500,000 to $1,000,000

They should make the towers over here extend out that far...sheesh. and 500k to 1 mil...I might have to reconsider that. Maybe I can find one for rent and just dump years of income into it with no return. LOL

Oh please oh please oh please! I say this everyday lol. I just put my gigantic mophie juice pack on my phone because I'm tired of it dying when I go someplace with bad coverage. Sigh... Cough. Everywhere

LOL - IF customers would only buy more of those things... I swear as much as they complain about how their battery suxs... and this is with all carriers... not just Sprint. I know they are not cheap but they sure are a lifesaver no matter what.

@l3x

LOL - IF customers would only buy more of those things... I swear as much as they complain about how their battery suxs... and this is with all carriers... not just Sprint. I know they are not cheap but they sure are a lifesaver no matter what.

@l3x

Got mine for free with sprint when I got my 5. They have me 150 dollar credit towards whatever I wanted. Got a case, car charger, extra home charger, juice pack, and I think screen protector which I took off because I hate them. The helium is the same price as a life proof, and I despise life proof cases too. Only thing I don't like about the juice pack is the different charger cable. So it doesn't fit my car charger. But I have a charger in my hand so it kinda makes up for it lol

Has anyone had near full service lte in the Orlando or Tampa market with no data connectivity in heavily populated areas? I went to a dinner show the other night with 4-5 bars on my note 3 and no data was being passed. The same weekend myself and the other person on the account went to the Bucs game in Tampa, as we left and got closer to I4 we both had full service LTE with no data. It seems like the new network cant keep up in densely populated areas. SCARY!!!

Has anyone had near full service lte in the Orlando or Tampa market with no data connectivity in heavily populated areas? I went to a dinner show the other night with 4-5 bars on my note 3 and no data was being passed. The same weekend myself and the other person on the account went to the Bucs game in Tampa, as we left and got closer to I4 we both had full service LTE with no data. It seems like the new network cant keep up in densely populated areas. SCARY!!!

Short answer... Yes. Happened to me a few times.

Why? I've no idea.

• Like 1

Question for the peoples. I read somewhere a few days ago from S4GRU ( the actual human not the website), that we should expect lte coverage pretty much everywhere there is 3g coverage because it runs on the same frequency...Is this true? And if so, why does my phone choose 3g over LTE when it is available for example: when I'm inside?. I am assuming it has something to do with LTE clocking out, if you could call it that, at a certain dbm? (I have no idea if that question made sense.)

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Question for the peoples. I read somewhere a few days ago from S4GRU ( the actual human not the website), that we should expect lte coverage pretty much everywhere there is 3g coverage because it runs on the same frequency...Is this true? And if so, why does my phone choose 3g over LTE when it is available for example: when I'm inside?. I am assuming it has something to do with LTE clocking out, if you could call it that, at a certain dbm? (I have no idea if that question made sense.)

Check this out... on the top Robert has the details

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

This is chosen by the signal strengh

@l3x

• Like 1

I can't speak for the tower you have pictured, but I can tell you all cellphone companies are working on their equipment. I have spoken to workers working for At&t, Verizon, Tmobile, etc. They have stated the industry is constantly evolving and they are constantly making changes. One contractor for Sprint told me last week they have begun to concentrate on Orlando proper, and we will begin to see noticable difference in service. I have noticed two new towers this week alone in the Sea World area are about to go Lte.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would it be worth it to pay full price for the 5s just so I could have 800mhz LTE when it gets out and about... Or should 1900mhz be more than enough for the average person who typically never goes out to crazy places where one wouldn't expect excellent coverage? I just got this phone 3 months ago so I don't think I'll do it... But I am in for 2 years. So maybe it might be.

I can't speak for the tower you have pictured, but I can tell you all cellphone companies are working on their equipment. I have spoken to workers working for At&t, Verizon, Tmobile, etc. They have stated the industry is constantly evolving and they are constantly making changes. One contractor for Sprint told me last week they have begun to concentrate on Orlando proper, and we will begin to see noticable difference in service. I have noticed two new towers this week alone in the Sea World area are about to go Lte.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Oh I agree, I just know this is a Sprint only tower, and therefore am curious as to what necessitated an additional visit. I did notice that LTE was pretty craptacular today, so maybe more testing, but have no idea for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh I agree, I just know this is a Sprint only tower, and therefore am curious as to what necessitated an additional visit. I did notice that LTE was pretty craptacular today, so maybe more testing, but have no idea for sure.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Some non craptacular LTE coming from the under hill tower I assume. Had service almmmmmost everywhere in Winn Dixie Posted Image

I will put it simple. If you want tmobile like coverage then 1900mhz is fine but if you want Verizon/At&t like coverage the 5s is the way to go.

Would it be worth it to pay full price for the 5s just so I could have 800mhz LTE when it gets out and about... Or should 1900mhz be more than enough for the average person who typically never goes out to crazy places where one wouldn't expect excellent coverage? I just got this phone 3 months ago so I don't think I'll do it... But I am in for 2 years. So maybe it might be.

Is 800 mhz LTE already available?? I am still debating the 5S specifically because it has greater coverage because of that delcious 800 mhz, and  I don't want to be stuck with that till February of 2015 with crappy  "T-Mobile" like coverage.

Is 800 mhz LTE already available?? I am still debating the 5S specifically because it has greater coverage because of that delcious 800 mhz, and I don't want to be stuck with that till February of 2015 with crappy "T-Mobile" like coverage.

I don't think there is any 800lte online anywhere in the country as of now, but one thing is the 5s is a great rf performer. It connects to LTE pretty much everywhere here in Jacksonville. Rarely on 3G even in doors. When 800 LTE comes online sprints network is going to be a beast and very reliable.

I don't think there is any 800lte online anywhere in the country as of now, but one thing is the 5s is a great rf performer. It connects to LTE pretty much everywhere here in Jacksonville. Rarely on 3G even in doors. When 800 LTE comes online sprints network is going to be a beast and very reliable.

Did you have the 5 before the 5s? I just want to make sure that when I pay full price for the phone lol, that it's worth it. Granted I am going to sell my 5 online on amazon hopefully for like 300 + and I have a credit  I can use on my cc, but its much money... If the 5 will perform that well in Orlando when LTE is officially launched, I wouldn't switch.

Does the 5S have a better LTE receiver...Or whatever it would be called?

Did you have the 5 before the 5s? I just want to make sure that when I pay full price for the phone lol, that it's worth it. Granted I am going to sell my 5 online on amazon hopefully for like 300 + and I have a credit I can use on my cc, but its much money... If the 5 will perform that well in Orlando when LTE is officially launched, I wouldn't switch.

Does the 5S have a better LTE receiver...Or whatever it would be called?

The phone is actually my fiancés line and she didn't have the 5 before she picked up the 5s. Its her first iPhone. The reception is top notch compared to my EVO LTE but any phone performs better than it. If 800LTE connectivity is what you are looking for in the 5s I say go for it. Then phone is rock solid all around. I'm a long time android user and I'm considering switching sides to iOS. The only reason I dont is screen size of iPhones.

The only issue that she had was this cheap case we purchased from Walgreen's was blocking the cell reception for some reason. Got rid of the case and everything is good now.

• Like 1

The phone is actually my fiancés line and she didn't have the 5 before she picked up the 5s. Its her first iPhone. The reception is top notch compared to my EVO LTE but any phone performs better than it. If 800LTE connectivity is what you are looking for in the 5s I say go for it. Then phone is rock solid all around. I'm a long time android user and I'm considering switching sides to iOS. The only reason I dont is screen size of iPhones.

The only issue that she had was this cheap case we purchased from Walgreen's was blocking the cell reception for some reason. Got rid of the case and everything is good now.

well then I think you just helped me make my decision. I am only 3 months into my 2 years. So I'd rather sell my 5 while I can get a decent price for it and get the 5s which will ultimately be able to handle the two bands. And Orlando should definitely see both of those before 2 years is up. I mean they have 8 billion in cash to play with.

Sorry for errors was on the mobile. At a red light...lol 

Ty just bought. 2-3 waiting time though, hope that improves with the 75% increase in production. Im excited.

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 2

Maybe a stupid question, but can someone enlighten me as to where I can find a map of Sprint towers (something more than what is on the Sprint site that approximates the location)?  I can't seem to find what I'm looking for and I would love to know more precise locations of towers that I could drive by and see if any progress is being made.

I'm located in Longwood and have noticed a much more constant LTE service as of late, as well as my commute through Orlando.

Very excited to see some of the speeds I've seen.

is LTE pretty much non existent in Oviedo?  I've been hanging out with a friend that has a house near the mall/Oviedo high school and I haven't got any LTE coverage in the area.  A few miles south near UCF is fine though