Guys, make sure that sponsor information, such as site IDs stays inside the sponsor section.

Site ID and tower/antenna owner information is freely available outside this site.

Sprint/Ericsson puts it in their permit application.

Edited by Zandar
  • Like 1

If you can quote the source, then we will accept it. Otherwise, it stays in the sponsor section.

My apologies. I did not think saying a site name would be bad. I mean you could go to the site and get the ID off the sign, but that is not what I did, I just simply stated what towers I would HOPE would come on, not try to give out information. So for that, I do apologize.

That's awesome hopefully Lake Mary can get some LTE love soon

Yes, I know! If you go to the Sprint site and check out the tower coverage, 1 on Lake Emma got 2 data upgrades (I am assuming thats the LTE coming, and another got 1 data upgrade) I am SUPER excited. The one on Lake Emma HOPEFULLY will give me coverage, or reach me. Its about 3-4 miles away, but I can only hope. The one that is closer to me has not said anything about upgrades, but the other one which is on Lake Mary Blvd is about 1.5 miles away from me and should def. give me service. I have noticed 3G to be a LITTLE better than before. Not .01/,01 but now its about .1/.07 which is BETTER, but still horrible. (before the launch of LTE it seemed like it was .6-.8/.3-.4)

If you can quote the source, then we will accept it. Otherwise, it stays in the sponsor section.

I don't want to make a big deal out of it but if you look in my original post, there is a link to the county's permitting website. Enter any of those permit numbers in the search field and you will see the tower ID listed under the "People Details" section. I will refrain from posting IDs in the future if that is what the site owners want but I don't see what the big deal is with the ID number unless there is some sort of agreement between Sprint and this web site to not publish those.

That's awesome hopefully Lake Mary can get some LTE love soon

rqe1XYV.jpg

The 2's have a data speed increase, the 3's have either 2 data speed increases or 1 data speed, and 1 data coverage

Edit: The one by I4/Lake Emma is the one I saw work being done on (at least equipment being brought in) and has 2 data speed increases, so hopefully the switch will come soon!! I was mapping it out with my ruler, and its ~3.5 miles away from me, so HOPEFULLY it will reach me!

Double Edit: When I look at areas that have 3G (over in Oviedo) it seems that LTE comes when it has either 2 data speed increases or a data speed increase, and a data capacity.

rqe1XYV.jpg

The 2's have a data speed increase, the 3's have either 2 data speed increases or 1 data speed, and 1 data coverage

Edit: The one by I4/Lake Emma is the one I saw work being done on (at least equipment being brought in) and has 2 data speed increases, so hopefully the switch will come soon!! I was mapping it out with my ruler, and its ~3.5 miles away from me, so HOPEFULLY it will reach me!

Double Edit: When I look at areas that have 3G (over in Oviedo) it seems that LTE comes when it has either 2 data speed increases or a data speed increase, and a data capacity.

The one near the airport has a speed upgrade. That will reach me. And there's a tower at David Maus that's suppose to get a upgrade too. I can't wait.

The one near the airport has a speed upgrade. That will reach me. And there's a tower at David Maus that's suppose to get a upgrade too. I can't wait.

If you actually look at Sensorly, it seems someone picked up LTE briefly by that tower, but it had a really low signal. Not sure if they somehow were reaching another one, because everytime I head that way, I am never able to pick it up.

Let me be clear about something. Information from our Sponsor section is not allowed to be discussed in public sections. Period. No matter how trivial it seems to you.

If you want to discuss something from the Sponsor section, post about it in the Sponsor section.

Don't give me the line you got the info from a permit site. Sponsors get site info from our maps. You aren't going to go look up a Site ID from a government agency if you are a sponsor and looking for a site ID. You're going to look at our maps. Only a fraction of permit sites list the Site #. Only 10% of Sprint Site ID's are available in public places. And not even half of sites have the ID's visible even at the physical site. The only comprehensive place to find Sprint site info is S4GRU.

As for Non Sponsors, they may pick up a site number from being physically onsite, or a permit website. That's fine. Obviously non sponsors do not have access to the Sponsor forums and must have got their info from somewhere else.

We expect Sponsors to follow the rules. And you will lose your access if you continually disregard them.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

If you actually look at Sensorly, it seems someone picked up LTE briefly by that tower, but it had a really low signal. Not sure if they somehow were reaching another one, because everytime I head that way, I am never able to pick it up.

I drive by there daily and I get nothing. I even drive under 417 and I get nothing. but hopefully soon. Have u picked up LTE near 417 and Lake Mary? and Were you the one that pick up LTE on Lake Mary near I4?

I drive by there daily and I get nothing. I even drive under 417 and I get nothing. but hopefully soon. Have u picked up LTE near 417 and Lake Mary? and Were you the one that pick up LTE on Lake Mary near I4?

Yes, I picked up LTE for like a Split second by I4, but have since not, and I am over that way on a regular basis.. Not sure if maybe my eyes played tricks on me, or if I was somehow picking up another tower. I cruised around Lake Emma earlier, and was not able to pick anything up either. I am just hopeful that it comes soon.

So my data speed of full bars of 3G service at home has gone down from 1.5 - 2.0 to .3 to .5 ... from what I know I believe that the tower I am connected to is getting updated or something because it never gets this low

Near John young / 417

So my data speed of full bars of 3G service at home has gone down from 1.5 - 2.0 to .3 to .5 ... from what I know I believe that the tower I am connected to is getting updated or something because it never gets this low

Near John young / 417

I live near the intersection of 528 and 417, and I probably get the most decent 3G speeds here than anywhere else in town.

That said, when I work from home sometimes I'll notice consistent 3G speeds of 1.5-2mbps down.

As SOON as rush hour hits, the speeds drop dramatically to what you're getting. Around 10pm, they jump back up.

I doubt it's usually anything to do with "upgrades", probably tower usage... That said I could be grossly wrong.

I have driven down 417 and lakemary and with my note 2 there was no lte. If there was its going to be very weak because its probably coming from the oviedo tower since its so huge.

Thats what I have a feeling happened, because I have not seen it yet. I am glad at least 1 tower is being worked on (that I was able to see) and according to the Sprint site, 3 towers in the Sanford/Lake Mary area have recieved Data Speed upgrades, and Capacity Upgrades (similar to the ones in Oviedo that now have LTE) I remember checking the same thing just a few weeks ago, and all the towers had no upgrades to them except for voice quaility.

Got some decent LTE on I4 around 436. Ran a couple tests, best was 6mbs down / 6mbs up. Will post pictures of it when home. Also going to head over to the Tower by I4 and Lake Emma on way home and take some pictures of the tower. Saw work being done on it while driving by it on I4. Saw some cars and trucks. Hopefully they will be there when I get there.

I know it's been mentioned here before but Avalon Park in East Orlando has GREAT 4G coverage. Just for comparison's sake, I reinstalled an app that I knew took around 1 minute 15 seconds to download on decent 3G coverage. The same app took less than 10 SECONDS to download!!! It's ridiculous to think that I live less than 2 miles away in Waterford Lakes and I get mediocre 3G knowing what's on the horizon. Hopefully, this 4G spreads very very quickly!

• Like 1

I know it's been mentioned here before but Avalon Park in East Orlando has GREAT 4G coverage. Just for comparison's sake, I reinstalled an app that I knew took around 1 minute 15 seconds to download on decent 3G coverage. The same app took less than 10 SECONDS to download!!! It's ridiculous to think that I live less than 2 miles away in Waterford Lakes and I get mediocre 3G knowing what's on the horizon. Hopefully, this 4G spreads very very quickly!

I got great LTE out there too a few weeks ago... it can't come soon enough!