Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

oh ok hows the signal over and voice covergae and data speeds and i live in the central jersery market and its very slow and frustrating here i get litterally no signal

Signal is ok. I get crap in the hospitals and haverford ave from Ardmore plaza to bryn mawr stinks as well. But it is getting better. In my gym lot now, and things are a little better than normal. I often struggle for a signal here.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Any hints of lte

There are pockets of LTE just south of Ardmore in Havertown. It looks like there is a big hole surrounding the Bryn Mawr / Heverford / Ardmore area. Does anyone know if Lower Merion Township has hindered any Network Vision work? I hope Sprint can get major upgrades going there really soon; the US Open is at Merion in 6 weeks. There will tens of thousands of visitors there every day so The network is going to be put under a lot of strain...

There are pockets of LTE just south of Ardmore in Havertown. It looks like there is a big hole surrounding the Bryn Mawr / Heverford / Ardmore area. Does anyone know if Lower Merion Township has hindered any Network Vision work? I hope Sprint can get major upgrades going there really soon; the US Open is at Merion in 6 weeks. There will tens of thousands of visitors there every day so The network is going to be put under a lot of strain...

The open should hopefully push the upgrade. All that publicity... But.... That area is notorious for a lack of signal. You'd think haverford college would put a tower up to get paid a bit. Ton of land to utilize and wouldn't be an eyesore.

Did have 4g this morning in conshy on 76. A little busy driving to play though.

I'm happy to report that as of last night, Ardmore went live. I'm in Wynnewood, and am getting some pretty decent speeds (~8-12mbps) and I took LTE readings up Lancaster Avenue. Ardmore was in the 3-4mbps range, and then it faded into 3G by Ardmore Avenue. No more LTE from there on up, though I didn't get any further west than Wayne.

• Like 1

I hope they will! At work, we're sponsoring a tent at the U.S. Open so I'm sure I'll be there quite a bit. Not that I know golf. But, I do like LTE! :) But like I said, at least Ardmore on Lancaster Aveue has LTE through Ardmore Avenue. I didn't veer off Lancaster Avenue to know how far north or south it goes.

I'm at Manoa and Haverford with 4g.upload still stinks, but 4-6mb down consistently is nice without the wimax type drain.

And the dead zone pockets around haverford are there for every carrier. From Ardmore Ave to College Ave is dismal and only slightly better as you get to Bryn Mawr Ave. In Bryn Mawr Hospital, 20ft from windows, my battery drains like nobody's business. I can drain the an S3 by noon easy, my Note 2 by 1pm. Hoping the signal boost 3g gets is enough to keep a more consistent signal.

There's a new tower transmitting LTE around Franklin Mills Mall / along Woodhaven Rd as of today. I was finally able to carry a 4G signal from end to end on the expressway. Still seeing rapid rollout here in NE Philly & the northern suburbs.

There's a new tower transmitting LTE around Franklin Mills Mall / along Woodhaven Rd as of today. I was finally able to carry a 4G signal from end to end on the expressway. Still seeing rapid rollout here in NE Philly & the northern suburbs.

Wish. I could say the same for the west end

I did a decent amount of mapping today in my neighborhood, my whole street and surrounding streets are lit up. :) Even did some mapping on 476 and 76 coming back from Microcenter just a few minutes ago.

wl23o9.png

Also got this on 76, not too shabby.

There is a site live on 78 on top of the 4th St hill. Check sensorly.

Just tested this site today 5.11 mbps down and 3.98 up right next to the Salisbury Township Police Dept. This is great news that LTE is comming in the allentown area. I live 5 mins away from this area and waiting for LTE to light up!

How are 3G speeds there? Has Allentown gotten any NV upgrades aside from LTE?

Where Lehigh Street and 78 intersect is a complete Sprint dead zone. Not that there isn't any signal, because there is, but I think it's so congested from highway traffic the network is 100% unusable. Can't even run speedtests usually. The network gets better once I hit Emmaus, or go the opposite direction towards downtown Allentown.

Lehigh.png

Where Lehigh Street and 78 intersect is a complete Sprint dead zone. Not that there isn't any signal, because there is, but I think it's so congested from highway traffic the network is 100% unusable. Can't even run speedtests usually. The network gets better once I hit Emmaus, or go the opposite direction towards downtown Allentown.

Lehigh.png

My 3G speeds increased quite a lot over the past couple days. I just did a speedtest from my house and got 1.31mbps down and 1.96 up. Way better than the 0.16 down and 0.89 up i was getting the other day

So that's where it is lol I was up at the park by the highschool and when I got home went online to check my data and it said 4g 85 mb used do that's good to see 4g there I'm not too far off emmause ave

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I live on w emmsuse ave and this is my speed called sprint there'd 12 tickets open for this cell site they said middle of next week it should be fixed

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

post-12706-13676280729897_thumb.jpg

Lehigh.png

That's strange, Lehigh St & 78 used to be really good ... I believe there is a tower across from the Home Depot parking lot. A few months ago I got great speeds there... 1.5+.

I may have to take a drive over this way tomorrow!

So, it seems like they are focusing on I-78 first in the Valley, from East to West? I wonder when they will spread north and south.

Sitting in Wendy's having lunch a couple blocks away from an accepted LTE tower in Bensalem:

post-12191-13679460455802_thumb.jpg

Now I know fast food restaurants don't give a ton of rf interference, but still it was good to see excellent indoor speeds.

That's strange, Lehigh St & 78 used to be really good ... I believe there is a tower across from the Home Depot parking lot. A few months ago I got great speeds there... 1.5+.

I may have to take a drive over this way tomorrow!

So, it seems like they are focusing on I-78 first in the Valley, from East to West? I wonder when they will spread north and south.

I've had 4G on 78 in the South Mountain/Summit Lawn exit area two times now... awesome! One time the speed was around 12 mbps down and 7 up. I'd be ecstatic with that!

Am I correct in assuming that eventually everywhere that has 3G will also have 4G? I use a mobile hotspot for internet at home (no cable or DSL here) and can't wait for 4G to arrive on this side of the Valley- Kempton/New Tripoli area.

Now I know fast food restaurants don't give a ton of rf interference, but still it was good to see excellent indoor speeds.

Yeah, cholesterol has little effect on RF.

;)

AJ

• Like 4

I've had 4G on 78 in the South Mountain/Summit Lawn exit area two times now... awesome! One time the speed was around 12 mbps down and 7 up. I'd be ecstatic with that!

Am I correct in assuming that eventually everywhere that has 3G will also have 4G? I use a mobile hotspot for internet at home (no cable or DSL here) and can't wait for 4G to arrive on this side of the Valley- Kempton/New Tripoli area.

Every 3G site should receive LTE. But LTE is not as usable as far from a site as Sprint 3G. However, Sprint will also be deploying LTE on 800MHz in the not too distant future. That should make LTE have slightly better than the 3G coverage is now.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3