Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

Where is HappyHappy? He was so pessimistic about the rollout, I would love to hear from him.

To be honest, I was never pessimistic, I was simply telling what I was and gave my thoughts. I hypothesized it will take at least couple months to half a year on early January. It has since been two month.

Like I have said, I was with Sprint, if you do not like it. Just get that hell out.

This site is infiltated with lots of Sprint employees as far as I know, and like I said before it is marketing strategy.

I was feeling rebel rouser-ish earlier and wanted to post that clearly now this thread is filled with Sprint employees. Turns out when I see upgraded NV antenna's all over the Philly market, it WAS a good sign that much progress was being made!

To be quite honest, you are a Sprint employee and S$GRU knew it.

I knew about these sites last week and the signals were turn on for many of these site on Sunday.

They are note quite to 4G speed yet, because the SouthWest and South Philadelphia 4G towers give below 1 MB down.

I was feeling rebel rouser-ish earlier and wanted to post that clearly now this thread is filled with Sprint employees. Turns out when I see upgraded NV antenna's all over the Philly market, it WAS a good sign that much progress was being made!

It is sad that many of these Sprint Employees do not know about 4G rollout plans, but myself a non-Sprint Employee knew a bit more.

To be quite honest, you are a Sprint employee and S$GRU knew it.

I knew about these sites last week and the signals were turn on for many of these site on Sunday.

They are note quite to 4G speed yet, because the SouthWest and South Philadelphia 4G towers give below 1 MB down.

So we're back to you telling me I'm a Sprint employee for the sole reason that I don't sit here and bash them? And I don't even live in a Sprint corporate market? Doesn't seem a bit odd to you? Of course not, you just told me who my employer is!

So this just happened downstairs from my work (18th & Market). Can't map on Sensorly because the iPhone app doesn't support it :-/

5MBbs down with a single bar of signal is pretty good! Oh, and for everyone who states that "Center City has good Sprint coverage", please look at the scores below the top one to see the reality... :-P

TtDSDos.jpg

• Like 1

So we're back to you telling me I'm a Sprint employee for the sole reason that I don't sit here and bash them? And I don't even live in a Sprint corporate market? Doesn't seem a bit odd to you? Of course not, you just told me who my employer is!

'

Isn't it funny!!! Bashing them? Do you mean in a neutral manner and completely unbiased?

No one is bashing them. Quite funny when someone lives in Harrisburg and claims to be in Philly and do not even know about the status of Philly;s 3G. Odd isn't it.

'

Isn't it funny!!! Bashing them? Do you mean in a neutral manner and completely unbiased?

No one is bashing them. Quite funny when someone lives in Harrisburg and claims to be in Philly and do not even know about the status of Philly;s 3G. Odd isn't it.

Maybe it's me but I can't wrap my head around any of this being related to LTE. 90% of Sprint employees don't have a clue what's going on and they get a paycheck.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Keep one thing in mind. Information comes from the top down. There is a culture of non information at sprint that I have noticed in the past 15 years as a customer with them. It is unlikely to change.

I do applaud the employees who are on here trying to learn more about their product and how it's being applied practically rather than what they are told.

Let's treat them with respect since they are working and doing their job. I have no doubt they know very little and we may have more information then they do at times.

If we respectfully work together and look at this for what it is.... An LTE treasure hunt in Philadelphia.... It can be worthwhile.

For the record I am unhappy that it took so long and at the lack on info. But it's here now so let's move on and enjoy..

End rant. :o

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 5

'

You seem to have a lack of coherent understanding. I don't work for Sprint. I work in Harrisburg for a company other than Sprint. My family and friends are all from the Philadelphia / LV area so I am there pretty much every weekend, thus how I can see progress in a market which I do not live in. This isn't that difficult to understand.

• Like 1

Let's treat them with respect since they are working and doing their job. I have no doubt they know very little and we may have more information then they do at times.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

When I'm on these forums I treat everyone the same. Who a person works for doesn't determine my level of respect for them.

Unless it's announced I wouldn't know one Sprint employee from another here and don't see why it even matters.

I don't care who works for who.

We're all here in this thread for the same reason....LTE

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

ok im curious i confermed the exton lte and noticed something when on lte got great speeds even with 2 bars but when i turned off lte i got pretty slow 3g weird or not???with 2 bars LTE 4.34mbps down .93mbps up, 3 bars LTE 23.88mbps down and 6.01mbps up and in the same exact spot as the last time with lte off full bars 3g .18mbps down and .59mbps up

To be honest, I was never pessimistic, I was simply telling what I was and gave my thoughts. I hypothesized it will take at least couple months to half a year on early January. It has since been two month.

You ever hear the saying "If you throw enough darts..."

ok im curious i confermed the exton lte and noticed something when on lte got great speeds even with 2 bars but when i turned off lte i got pretty slow 3g weird or not???with 2 bars LTE 4.34mbps down .93mbps up, 3 bars LTE 23.88mbps down and 6.01mbps up and in the same exact spot as the last time with lte off full bars 3g .18mbps down and .59mbps up

Not weird. In most cases the upgraded NV 3G does not go live at the same time as LTE. Sprint is bringing 3G online in clusters to help prevent issues with handoff from NV to Legacy towers.

I drove past the Southampton site today that I mapped on Wednesday and did not get an LTE signal, I toggled airplane mode several times and no luck.

I drove all around the Southampton tower area yesterday & didn't get anythng. Anyone from the area will know the tower location; it's easily the tallest structue in a 5 mile radius. I don't know how far up the NV hardware is located, but it might be why we've seen sections mapped in Warminster & Upper Moreland but not more locally. Also, it's close enough to the Turnpike that eventually someone should have been able o map it by now.

LTE is lighting up in Delco too. I was in Clifton Heights and Springfield on Baltimore Pike. I mapped with Sensorly. Hopefully, it'll show up by the morning.

I traveled the whole length of the Blue Route this evening hoping to catch something but no success.