Sprint Direct Connect Outage

Good morning, it appears that there is an outage of Sprint Direct Connect Service (not to be confused with Nextel Direct Connect). I contacted Sprint and they will acknowledge the issue but I did not get an ETA or a reason for the issue. I was hoping one of you could enlighten me to some degree. I mainly want to know why the service would go down and if I should expect that to be a regular occurrence while the service matures. Thanks.

PTT.png

It is a nationwide outage. This is the first time it has happened as far as I am aware. We heard it should be back up within the hour.

Sent from my EVO LTE

It is a nationwide outage. This is the first time it has happened as far as I am aware. We heard it should be back up within the hour.

Sent from my EVO LTE

I´m still out as of right now. Do you know what happened? Also another question. Do you know why the service refuses to work while in 1X? I doubt it is a bandwidth limitation because it works if you are in a call (initiated in 3G) that drops down to 1X while in the call... but if the call times out you are stuck out of PTT until 3G comes back up (usually have to cycle the CDMA radio off and on for it to get 3G again cause of an open data session).

I´m still out as of right now. Do you know what happened? Also another question. Do you know why the service refuses to work while in 1X? I doubt it is a bandwidth limitation because it works if you are in a call (initiated in 3G) that drops down to 1X while in the call... but if the call times out you are stuck out of PTT until 3G comes back up (usually have to cycle the CDMA radio off and on for it to get 3G again cause of an open data session).

I know as much as you do in regards to what happened. Our service is still down so the estimated time to repair we were given was wrong. All I know is someone's day is going much worse than mine.

What phones are you using. The dura xt phones we have are working OK.

Sent from my EVO LTE

I know as much as you do in regards to what happened. Our service is still down so the estimated time to repair we were given was wrong. All I know is someone's day is going much worse than mine.

What phones are you using. The dura xt phones we have are working OK.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Bummer... I have the Motorola Admiral, like the one in my picture. I was hoping someone had a more of an inside narrative to what happened.

Is it back up? Because I did a speed test at that time (8:30) and it was blazing on 3g. Now (12:00) not so much I attributed it to network load. Wonder if the Sprint Direct Connect has any affect on 3g speed? Anybody know? Anyway same location (at my desk at work) here are the results:

speedCompare.JPG

Hopefully Sprint continues to improve SDC performance.

User "e911com" over at hofo seems to have some good info on SDC issues.

http://www.howardfor...e-Duramax/page3

According to e911com Sprint Direct Connect outage was related to a maintenance update that went wrong

Due to a Sprint maintenance issue earlier this morning, SDC services are not working nationwide today. There is no estimated time for SDC service restoral according to Sprint Network Operations Center.

Hopefully Sprint continues to improve SDC performance.

User "e911com" over at hofo seems to have some good info on SDC issues.

http://www.howardfor...e-Duramax/page3

According to e911com Sprint Direct Connect outage was related to a maintenance update that went wrong

Good info, now if I could only get Sprint to let me swamp that Duramax for a DuraXT. Any suggestions?

Is it back up? Because I did a speed test at that time (8:30) and it was blazing on 3g. Now (12:00) not so much I attributed it to network load. Wonder if the Sprint Direct Connect has any affect on 3g speed? Anybody know? Anyway same location (at my desk at work) here are the results:

speedCompare.JPG

You know its funny you say that because I SWEAR it seems like that all of our 3g problems started when Sprint Direct Connect launched. Here in Indy at least it seems as if that soon as it launched my internet went from .8-1.2mbps all the time to .2-.4,mbps....buuut what do I know? :rolleyes:

You know its funny you say that because I SWEAR it seems like that all of our 3g problems started when Sprint Direct Connect launched. Here in Indy at least it seems as if that soon as it launched my internet went from .8-1.2mbps all the time to .2-.4,mbps....buuut what do I know?

Based on the audio quality I doubt it uses that much bandwidth. It is good enough to be useful, but hardly hi-def. :) It does look like from the ##data settings that there is some sort of QoS where it may bump other traffic out of the way.

Sent from my EVO LTE

You know its funny you say that because I SWEAR it seems like that all of our 3g problems started when Sprint Direct Connect launched. Here in Indy at least it seems as if that soon as it launched my internet went from .8-1.2mbps all the time to .2-.4,mbps....buuut what do I know? :rolleyes:

2008?

I had a SDC phone back then

I really doubt it has a major strain on our 3g network. I just wanted to show how the network here is and if it was a possibility the two were related. C'mon NV! :D

It shouldn´t be, it can even run on 1X (on most phone with SDC)

Good Morning:

I am new at this. I very much appreciate this web site!! I am working on a Sprint Direct Connect service issue in Bothel, WA. Trying -to confirm if you are aware of any issues happening yesterday 7-25-12? I was told by Sprint support out of Denver that there was a nationwide outage of the Sprint Direct Connect service most of day yesterday.

Thanks,

JJ

Good Morning:

I am new at this. I very much appreciate this web site!! I am working on a Sprint Direct Connect service issue in Bothel, WA. Trying -to confirm if you are aware of any issues happening yesterday 7-25-12? I was told by Sprint support out of Denver that there was a nationwide outage of the Sprint Direct Connect service most of day yesterday.

Thanks,

JJ

Welcome aboard, JJ. There is a thread concerning the outage already. See

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1657-sprint-direct-connect-outage/

Good Morning:

Thanks,

JJ

Welcome to S4GRU JJ. I believe your question can be answered in this thread. http://s4gru.com/ind...connect-outage/ in the future, please utilize the search function or browse the forums. I will move these posts to the SDC outage thread once you respond that you are tracking. Thanks.

Scott-Moderator

Edit: ballman beat me... LOL

Good Afternoon from Mukilteo, WA state:

I am very happy I found this site on the Web. Very much appreciate this web site! Very professional but fun atmosphere with very insightful knowledge base.

I am wondering if anyone is aware of a nationwide outage on the Sprint Direct Connect service yesterday 7-25-12? I was told this was the case from a Sprint support rep out of Denver yesterday. I am troubleshooting some service issues for a client who uses Direct Connect and Nextel PTT extensively.

Thanks,

JJ