what is this patent for?

ab30494

http://patft.uspto.g...RS=PN/8,223,134

this patent alot of people fear to be the end of android.

Portable electronic device, method, and graphical user interface for displaying electronic lists and documents

Abstract

In a computer-implemented method, a portion of an electronic document is displayed on the touch screen display. The displayed portion of the electronic document has a vertical position in the electronic document. An object is detected on or near the displayed portion of the electronic document. In response to detecting the object on or near the displayed portion of the electronic document, a vertical bar is displayed on top of the displayed portion of the electronic document. The vertical bar has a vertical position on top of the displayed portion of the electronic document that corresponds to the vertical position in the electronic document of the displayed portion of the electronic document. After a predetermined condition is met, display of the vertical bar is ceased. The vertical bar is displayed for a predetermined time period when the portion of the electronic document is initially displayed.

Yeah I read an article on that this morning and retweeted. As well as this one.

I see Apple using this to try to force the other manufacturers to change their design and if the court system agrees it may be a disaster. And although I've seen the scroll indicator before on WinMo phones way before the iPhone, somehow someway they got the patent. And not to mention computers themselves.

Seriously, It truly is getting out of hand.

Google seriously needs to start going for their throat.

TS

• Like 2

Well heres my 2 cents about this

I os osx- linux based

Android- linux based

Linux- open source

Apple is just trying to prolong the inevitable fall of the apple empire because they know android is better

sent from a nuclear explosion

Well heres my 2 cents about this

I os osx- linux based

Android- linux based

Linux- open source

Apple is just trying to prolong the inevitable fall of the apple empire because they know android is better

sent from a nuclear explosion

Just a small correction: OS X and IOS are not linux based. They used the Mach microkernel, that was worked on at Carnegie Mellon by Avie Tevanian, one of the founders of NEXT, which apple acquired. The used land is a mashup of FreeBSD and NetBSD with some OpenBSD for good measure. Their kernel is called XNU.

Whether or not Apple will fail, we will see. They have been written off many times since the 80's.