Sprint announces EVO 3d and EVO Design 4g to get ICS soon

marioc21

As the thread title states Sprint has announced the ICS updates for the EVO 3d and EVO Design 4g. Unfortunately, they have not given an exact date. An OTA update will begin in the first weeks of August.

Sprint:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/announcements/blog/2012/07/16/htc-evo-3d-and-htc-evo-design-customers-to-get-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update

The Verge:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/16/3163129/htc-evo-3d-evo-design-android-4-0-update-ics-announced

Shame on HTC and Sprint. They've taken so long on the ICS update for these devices that they succeeded in making Samsung look quick by comparison. Never a good thing. :unsure:

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Shame on HTC and Sprint. They've taken so long on the ICS update for these devices that they succeeded in making Samsung look quick by comparison. Never a good thing. :unsure:

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2

Not to mention ICS is not what is on the minds of the public anymore. Jelly Bean is king now. The upgrade is already outdated.

The plus is that the OEMs should be able to upgrade to Jelly Bean fairly easily in comparison to the GB to ICS upgrade. If they choose to do so.

Sweet! Thanks for the info I've been wondering what was up with it hopefully its by the end the month and I agree way to long should have been a couple a months ago like sprint and HTC had said should be worth it

I really liked my evo 3d but damn, htc and sprint really treated that phone like it was the red headed step child of the family.

By the time they release the ICS update' date=' we would already have fully functioning Jelly Bean ports for the E3D (we have 2 so far on xda)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

Wow, talk about fast developers.

Btw, Happy Birthday UndeadNexus!

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

If I'm rooted and running a custom ROM, will this update affect my phone at all? I have 1.5 hboot and s on.

If you're rooted and running a custom ROM, it could affect your phone. My suggestion: Wait until the developers make the update safe for flashing.

I'm running the Evo Design and I for one think it is a bit ridiculous the amount of time we are forced to wait for ICS. One thing is it is done on the Evo Design on Boost Mobile and another is that the head of development (or something... it was an interview in May) said that it would be out in the June time frame following the release on Boost. This would give the Boost version an advantage for a bit. I understand that they have to make software work on their network with their services and all but it does feel like it was purposefully delayed, perhaps to make their new ICS phones (Evo LTE and GSIII) more valuable to new customers.

• 2 weeks later...