Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Does Verizon launch xlte all at once or kind of like sprint and just leave the tower on before the city launches?

I've been observing their XLTE rollout while I develop in Orlando and let me tell you... if you were a techie Verizon customer you would be extremely disappointed.  They are pretty much doing island coverage, even in their launched cities like Orlando.  You can find it in some highly populated and trafficked areas, but that's it.  Unless you are in a popular shopping center or a theme park you would be hard-pressed to find it around here. 

They are really making the Sprint rollout look golden all around.

Edit: I know that really didn't answer your question, but it kind of rules out the all at once option.

• Like 1

I've been observing their XLTE rollout while I develop in Orlando and let me tell you... if you were a techie Verizon customer you would be extremely disappointed. They are pretty much doing island coverage, even in their launched cities like Orlando. You can find it in some highly populated and trafficked areas, but that's it. Unless you are in a popular shopping center or a theme park you would be hard-pressed to find it around here.

They are really making the Sprint rollout look golden all around.

Edit: I know that really didn't answer your question, but it kind of rules out the all at once option.

Only Verizon would pull some bs like that. I guess they only use it on towers that really need it. There are 3 towers in Ocala I know for a fact needs it like yesterday.

Does Verizon launch xlte all at once or kind of like sprint and just leave the tower on before the city launches?

In my area, they put it on 3/4 of the sites at first.  The busiest ones.  And then they came back about 5 months later and did the rest.  And even added two additional infill sites.  But only around the city.  Drive 5 miles out of town, and it's just 700MHz only.  Plus our VZW B4 is only 15MHz wide.  Never was faster than 50-60Mbps.  Now more like 20-30Mbps.

However, my area is not a typical VZW Band 4 LTE build out.  VZW has a 70 share in my area and their towers were grossly overloaded on 700 only.  They did not want to lose market share to AT&T, so they made us a priority.  Which still shocks me.

Robert

• Like 1

In my area, they put it on 3/4 of the sites at first. The busiest ones. And then they came back about 5 months later and did the rest. But only around the city. Drive 5 miles out of town, and it's just 700MHz only. Plus our VZW B4 is only 15MHz wide. Never was faster than 50-60Mbps. Now more like 20-30Mbps.

However, my area is not a typical VZW Band 4 LTE build out. VZW has a 70 share in my area and their towers were grossly overloaded on 700 only. They did not want to lose market share to AT&T, so they made us a priority. Which still shocks me.

Robert

I want to see this network for my self. Just don't feel like driving 40 miles to see it in Gainesville

I drive past vzw sites everyday and I haven't seen any site work or new panels. Are their 700mhz panels multi mode with ground mount radios?

Sent from my Nexus 5

They aren't here.  VZW 750 has radios at the base stations and long panels.  VZW AWS LTE has RRU's connected to a new panel.  Here, VZW uses ALU, and the RRU's look just like Sprint's ALU RRU's (the newer ones).  I have no idea what VZW uses in North Florida.

Robert

They aren't here. VZW 750 has radios at the base stations and long panels. VZW AWS LTE has RRU's connected to a new panel. Here, VZW uses ALU, and the RRU's look just like Sprint's ALU RRU's (the newer ones). I have no idea what VZW uses in North Florida.

Robert

Well I haven't seen a new panel on any vzw site but we are a xlte launched market but oh well.

Sent from my Nexus 5

They aren't here.  VZW 750 has radios at the base stations and long panels.  VZW AWS LTE has RRU's connected to a new panel.  Here, VZW uses ALU, and the RRU's look just like Sprint's ALU RRU's (the newer ones).  I have no idea what VZW uses in North Florida.

Robert

I wish someone would start a spotting thread for other carrier's equipment. It would be nice to be able to positively identify what else I am seeing at some of these towers.

• Like 4

I wish someone would start a spotting thread for other carrier's equipment. It would be nice to be able to positively identify what else I am seeing at some of these towers.

But place it in the sponsors sections to keep the trolls away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I performed a factory reset on my nexus 5 yesterday and now I'm running the stock 4.4.4 radio instead of the .15 radio. I must say with all 3 bands enabled and all the eCSFB issues gone. I get the same experience as the .15 modem which is known for being a beast for coverage but had issues connecting to b41.

If sprint can get their network built up like this in every market their competition is going to be in big trouble.

• Like 2

I think I may have just spotted our first 8t8r install in orange park on blanding blvd near the Walgreen's and bjs whole sales store.

The panel is a shorter panel with 1 rru.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

I think I may have just spotted our first 8t8r install in orange park on blanding blvd near the Walgreen's and bjs whole sales store.

The panel is a shorter panel with 1 rru.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dope. I need to swing by there and check it out if this is truly an 8t8r install. There are probably more around that just haven't been spotted yet.

Can you get a decent shot of it to post up?

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Dope. I need to swing by there and check it out if this is truly an 8t8r install. There are probably more around that just haven't been spotted yet.

Can you get a decent shot of it to post up?

I saw it on my way from work. I work in Middleburg but live in Dinsmore. I won't be back in that area until Tuesday. I'm almost positive that its an 8t8r though. Only carriers on the tower is Sprint and legacy metropcs. The panel is right next to the nv equipment.

I was on vacation last week and was all over town and didn't see anything extra on sprint sites until today.

Done deal. If anybody else wants on, I've got some spaces left.

I would if I could merge lines I have two lines that have about 14months left on contract.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I would if I could merge lines I have two lines that have about 14months left on contract.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Some accounts are eligible for a merge and if they aren't, a call to Executive Services could probably fix that. There are lots of people that have asked for it.

• Like 2

Some accounts are eligible for a merge and if they aren't, a call to Executive Services could probably fix that. There are lots of people that have asked for it.

Well I'll call tomorrow and see if I'm able to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 5