Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Best sprint band 26 speed test

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gorgeous. I've got up to 24 in b26 making it one of the highest I've ever done.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Best sprint band 26 speed test anu4a5ap.jpg

I'm going to be in the area this weekend and am really hoping to have some B26 on the Belleview site. My parents house is in the void between two sites and I always get cut off from the world when I am there lol. With any luck I'll have some coverage now!

I know 1*800 is alive and well in belleview so at least you have that too look forward to.

I'm going to be in the area this weekend and am really hoping to have some B26 on the Belleview site. My parents house is in the void between two sites and I always get cut off from the world when I am there lol. With any luck I'll have some coverage now!

• Like 1

.15. The .13 won't connect to band 26

.13 sux I can't believe I waited all this time for a new modem and its the worst one of all. So I'll be rocking .15 forever. ????????????

Also a few days ago I drove from south Jacksonville to The Villages and noticed I was on 1x signal roughly 90% of the time whereas last time I was on 4G 90% of the time when that happened. I've used 3GB this month so I am not sure if I was throttled at all but interesting how bad the service was this time. Maybe preparing for B26 launch?

Sent from my LG-LS980

The new Nexus update didn't enable Spark? What?

Sent from my LG-LS980

It enabled spark but the signal strength is a lot weaker than any other baseband to me. Also I find myself stuck on 3g a lot. Most people in the n5 thread says its because of ecsfb but Jacksonville is largely 3g complete. So I flashed back to .15 and connecting to band 25 and band 26 with no probs. I usually connect to b41 in areas where b25 and band 26 is weak or absent.

No I'm saying there is csfb issues so .13 won't connect. .15 bypasses csfb

.13 sux I can't believe I waited all this time for a new modem and its the worst one of all. So I'll be rocking .15 forever. ????????????

Got B26 at the Arena today, but the signal was worse than B25 (not sure if they were coming from the same tower) and the speeds were terrible. The arena was packed and the baseball grounds were as well. B25 was much faster.

I'm starting to think that the back haul to the site the speed haven't been upgraded yet.

I'm starting to think that the back haul to the site the speed haven't been upgraded yet.

In order for a site to be launched with b25, it must have upgraded backhaul. Or at least that's what I think i've read a couple hundred times.

In order for a site to be launched with b25, it must have upgraded backhaul. Or at least that's what I think i've read a couple hundred times.

Yeah but they probably only order enough bandwidth for the 3 band 25 sectors and EVDO.

Band 25 and 26 is probably running on 100mbps of bandwidth which is not enough.

Yeah but they probably only order enough bandwidth for the 3 band 25 sectors and EVDO.

Band 25 and 26 is probably running on 100mbps of bandwidth which is not enough.

I am not completely sure how the backhaul works per band, per sector. You might be right.

So far in St Augustine, band 26 has been pretty average. My range isn't much better than band 25 and even at full strength, I only see about 9-15 mbps whereas I can switch back to band 25 and pull 25 mbps right afterwards.

So far in St Augustine, band 26 has been pretty average. My range isn't much better than band 25 and even at full strength, I only see about 9-15 mbps whereas I can switch back to band 25 and pull 25 mbps right afterwards.

Sounds like Ericsson. Turn it on, and then optimize later.... wish they would optimize the site closest to me. I should easily have full bars less than 1 mile away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a site that's about two miles from my house I'm picking up 1x 800 but the signal is about 3db better from the same site as 1x 1900.

Could there be too much down tilt on it at the moment?

I have a site that's about two miles from my house I'm picking up 1x 800 but the signal is about 3db better from the same site as 1x 1900.

Could there be too much down tilt on it at the moment?

Very likely but it could be by design to reduce interference. I think the truth of the matter is that we really shouldn't be observing a wildly stronger 1x800 signal unless we are in an area that is really needing it. Like rural areas with distant tower placings. Or perhaps inside concrete buildings.

I don't know the technical details behind 1x interference but it makes sense that Sprint would intentionally hold back on some of 1x800's potential range to limit interference with adjacent sites that are spaced for 1x1900.

In urban areas like Jax I think that the only advantage we will regularly encounter will be better building penetration.

Feel free to agree or disagree. Just throwing something out there.

• Like 1