Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I'm on 1x 800 here where my dad works. (Big Citibank building off Old St Augustine Rd where i95 merges.

Maybe I'll finally have signal inside Chili's down the road!

da7e6ypa.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980

Do you have an idea of what the signal strength was like before?  I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing clusters coming up soon with the consistent flow of 3G acceptances. 

• Like 1

Do you have an idea of what the signal strength was like before? I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing clusters coming up soon with the consistent flow of 3G acceptances.

Signal was very unusable inside the budding on CDMA 1900. Usually -105 dBm or lower on 1900. Doesn't look like it was coming from the nearest site because when I drove by it the signal was still lower. Not sure where it's coming from. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980

Signal was very unusable inside the budding on CDMA 1900. Usually -105 dBm or lower on 1900. Doesn't look like it was coming from the nearest site because when I drove by it the signal was still lower. Not sure where it's coming from. Lol

Sent from my LG-LS980

Hmmm well that bodes well. Good things to come!

I'm on 1x 800 here where my dad works. (Big Citibank building off Old St Augustine Rd where i95 merges.

Maybe I'll finally have signal inside Chili's down the road!

da7e6ypa.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980

I picked up CDMA 800 along i95 in Camden county GA and in Brunswick so I guess they are getting closer

Edit - I get a weak 800 signal in my home with my EVO LTE on PRL 513.

Yesterday I seen workers on the Tower Downtown on Main St. between Union and State, anyone know which providers are present there?

If it's the one near the bus terminal I know that one of them is at&t.

Correcto mundo...that's an AT&T tower with scheduled work. 

Correcto mundo...that's an AT&T tower with scheduled work.

I saw an at&t tower on blanding and college near Walmart in op. Had a crane with cage looks like they were placing panels and rrus I wonder what that was about.

I saw an at&t tower on blanding and college near Walmart in op. Had a crane with cage looks like they were placing panels and rrus I wonder what that was about.

I'll get back to you about that tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

My parents live in the back of Eagle Harbor, and I can't even send a text message on their street!  I get LTE on 220 and 17 however(the tower by the Burger King is very nice), but I wish Sprint could put something inside the neighborhood.  I'm sure it is the HOA that causes problems, but does anyone have an insight on this?  I assume 800MHz on the tower on 17 might help, but I'm not sure if that will travel far enough realistically

At the tampa airport for the next hour. Sprint g2 and nexus 5 with tmobile, sprint and my verizon g pad. Tmobile and sprint both suck indoors. Tmobile is back and forth between edge and hspa and sprint is on 3g even on the nexus. Only Verizon has a great 3-4 bars and usable consistent data.

At the tampa airport for the next hour. Sprint g2 and nexus 5 with tmobile, sprint and my verizon g pad. Tmobile and sprint both suck indoors. Tmobile is back and forth between edge and hspa and sprint is on 3g even on the nexus. Only Verizon has a great 3-4 bars and usable consistent data.

That sucks for Sprint and tmobile have you tried them at any other Airport? Also do you know if T Mobile upgrade their sites in the area?

Outside T-Mobile works great and on the 3rd floor. Sprint was so so in both situations and Verizon was the champ the whole time. Band 26 or 41 would have helped but I doubt band 41 could have penetrated.

That sucks for Sprint and tmobile have you tried them at any other Airport? Also do you know if T Mobile upgrade their sites in the area?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Outside T-Mobile works great and on the 3rd floor. Sprint was so so in both situations and Verizon was the champ the whole time. Band 26 or 41 would have helped but I doubt band 41 could have penetrated.

Yeah 800 megahertz service on CDMA and LTE is going to make a world of difference for Sprint.

I had a consistent 2-4 bars of LTE on Verizon so if that is any indication 800 will be nice there whenever Ericsson gets there head out of there asses and fire this network up already.

Edited by lilotimz
IP Board strikes again

Also tmobile highway coverage is a joke. 23 miles on edge and counting

I never have issues with sprint highway coverage. In fact, that's normally where my best coverage is lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Yes low band is a must for these two. I see why they are making such a big fuss about the 600mhz auction rules. I just want to be able to make phones calls without having to wait for my phone to roam to do so.

• Like 3

Sprint has more lte coverage than tmobile by a long shot on highways and better coverage.

I never have issues with sprint highway coverage. In fact, that's normally where my best coverage is lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Im on gprs on tmobile right now lol. Thats worse than edge

Our devices we use at work uses at edge and the other day it was stuck on GPRS all day. I don't think I can deal with edge or GPRS at all I'll be sticking with sprint.