Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

qe3uqu7e.jpgStill useless off oak road. switched back to 3g when I ran this test. It's like their is no backhaul up on this side and LTE is very weak as well. Lake weir HS is less than a mile from oak road. I should be swimming in LTE.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Edited by whitepc

How many bars?

qe3uqu7e.jpgStill useless off oak road. switched back to 3g when I ran this test. It's like their is no backhaul up on this side and LTE is very weak as well. Lake weir HS is less than a mile from oak road. I should be swimming in LTE.Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I think something is being worked on. I haven't seen eHRPD all week, I was on 1x data in an area I used to always be on LTE/4 bars eHRPD and for the first time in an area I always roam on Verizon, I was connected to LTE at a -138 dBm level. Some odd occurrences for sure.

• Like 4

I think something is being worked on. I haven't seen eHRPD all week, I was on 1x data in an area I used to always be on LTE/4 bars eHRPD and for the first time in an area I always roam on Verizon, I was connected to LTE at a -138 dBm level. Some odd occurrences for sure.

I also experienced this. Area where last week I had full bars LTE there was no LTE at all. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I caught 1X 800 along I-295 between I-95 and old St. Augustine the past 2 days.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-01-22-17-43-58.png{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-01-22-17-44-17.png{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-01-22-17-47-38.png

How far are you away from that tower?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Were you able to call out from it?

When the signal was -105 it didn't. It just timed out, but when it got around -103 and lower, I was able to test by calling my Voicemail.

How far are you away from that tower?

The coordinates provided only showed the tower 1-2 miles southwest when I took the screenshot. I was scratching my head wondering why it was so weak from that distance but I didn't know if the coordinates were skewed or maybe the antennas were not facing my direction.

I have to take this time to give some props to Sprint right now and here is why. I took my buddies on a ride with me and we went to the At&t store where they had 4 bars of service and I had 3 bars(97-103dbm) and Sprint consistently had LTE speeds of 9-15 mbps down and 3-5 up while on Att it was 4-6 down and 2-3 up. Went to the Ocala Forest after and there was quite a bit of Sprint LTE while AT&T was on edge and lost its signal completely a few times. Sprint lost signal once and was going  back and forth between 1x and 1x on Verizon but at least I could make calls. Even at work I get on average 3-7 mbps down and 2-3 up(103-117dbm) on Sprint. At&t averages 2-5 mbps down and 0-1 mbps up(98-110dbm)downstairs. Upstairs its 15-27mbps down and 6-8 up(89-101dbm) Sprint. Att is 9-13 mbps down and 6-8 mbps up(83-93dbm). Finally around the Imax movie theater where At&t just built a new tower literally right across the street is finally where At&t shines averaging 12-20 mbps down and 7-9 up(72-84dbm) outside. Sprint was 4-8 mbps down and 2-3 up (102-113dbm). At&t still wins at building penetration but Sprint for the most part wins the Speed round 1.

• Like 5

Also I straight embarrassed the At&t rep when I did a speed test inside the store because he was talking about how terrible and slow Sprint is and also what made matters worse is I have 3 people on my framily plan with me being the only one with unlimited data. I pay with my girlfriend $110 a month now and that's before my 25% work discount. Anyone want in on my framily let me know. Sprint also has a lot of middle of nowhere aka rural LTE around here too. :hee:

• Like 2

I have said this before on many occasions, but I have devices on Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. In many cases, my sprint LTE1900 is faster than both VZW and AT&T. Also, there are a lot of times that my sprint iPhone 5 has LTE where I cannot get an LTE signal on either VZW or AT&T, even in-building. VZW tends to fair much better than AT&T in speeds and coverage, but Sprint hangs with them really well around here, especially in speeds. LTE800 will change Sprint's overall perception greatly, even over B41, IMHO.

• Like 2

I hope to see band 26 soon in Jacksonville. I really only spend time on the Southside of Jacksonville, so overall I still have a spotty view of LTE in Jacksonville over St Augustine, Orlando, Daytona Beach and West Palm Beach. It will be nice to see a fuller coverage, especially on the highway. That is a weak point with Sprint from what I have seen. Sprint has great highway coverage, but the spacing makes for a constant low signal and spotty 4G for most of the time while traveling.

Jacksonville is covered well from Nassau county through Duval and into clay county. Only exception is the Southside/ Town Center area. I'm very pleased with the network sprint has. When 800 come online it'll help the building penetration.

• Like 1

Jacksonville is covered well from Nassau county through Duval and into clay county. Only exception is the Southside/ Town Center area. I'm very pleased with the network sprint has. When 800 come online it'll help the building penetration.

The tower spacing in Florida is particularly good, so in many places my N5 can hold a good LTE signal.  LTE 800 will make this area seem like it has a new network. Now if only Ericsson could get their stuff together...

• Like 3

Not bad. Hopefully it's referring to CDMA/LTE 800 turning on here.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I never actually thought that whats it could be...I was just thinking its referring to Network vision entirely...Never considered it might just be referring to 800 CMDA/LTE