ICS Debug Lock Code Mystery Resolved - Finally

S4GRU

OK...this is probably not a big deal to most of you. But ever since I upgraded my E4GT a few months ago to ICS, I haven't been able to access my DEBUG menu. Which for me is a big deal. I live in that screen!

The Debug Screen is where wireless nerds hang out to see what channel they are on, look at their Mac Index, check out their Ec/Io ratio, etc. However, when I upgraded to ICS on my E4GT, it asked for me to enter a lock code. I assumed this was the MSL Code, which all Samsung devices have required to access debug screens in the past...but alas, no.

For months I have been searching for a work around, perusing forums, scouring developer comments and I haven't found anything. That is, until today.

THE ICS DEBUG LOCK CODE IS: 777468

It works on both my Galaxy Nexus and Epic 4G Touch. I went to try it on my EVO LTE, but the debug menu there isn't locked with a code. It may work in other ICS ROMs and devices too. Sound off below if you find it works in other places.

Special thanks to BigRushDog on XDA who posted the solution.

And for those of you who do not know, to access your Debug screen, go to your phone dialer and enter ##DEBUG# in your keypad. In the GNex, you have to enter *#*#DEBUG#*#*

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 4

Robert, will you post some screen caps of the ICS debug screen? I would be very interested to see the fields contained within, as every debug screen/engineering screen/field trial app presents signal diagnostics a bit differently.

AJ

Robert, will you post some screen caps of the ICS debug screen? I would be very interested to see the fields contained within, as every debug screen/engineering screen/field trial app presents signal diagnostics a bit differently.

AJ

Here are a few screen caps - maybe you could walk us through what we should be looking at?

7357598866_3e804411bc_z.jpg

7172385469_b45915d850_z.jpg

7172386335_3c6c1759b4_z.jpg

7357602728_7d23d56bec_z.jpg

7357603100_a5fb124d07_z.jpg

7357603804_dc26e9401d_z.jpg

7172388373_109c8ae515_z.jpg

7172388743_7ac4597f72_z.jpg

Robert - thanks for finding this! I had all but given up.

here is the EVO 4G LTE in the exact same location where I took screenshot of GNEX

7172465479_5408bebec5.jpg

7172465503_976912dbc4.jpg

can we make any meaningful comparison between the two?

• Like 1

Your signal is amazing. You must be right next to a cell site!

I was going to ask if his phones were laying next to an airave. I am in a parking lot with a sprint tower and have a -60 signal.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I was going to ask if his phones were laying next to an airave. I am in a parking lot with a sprint tower and have a -60 signal.

With a -44 dBm signal, that handset could be practically humping an Airave.

AJ

The Galaxy Nexus engineering screens line up quite consistently with the EVO LTE engineering screens. That has not always been the case. So, both are likely utilizing the same signal diagnostics embedded into Android 4.0.

AJ

With a -44 dBm signal, that handset could be practically humping an Airave.

AJ

no airave - just an advantage of living "downtown"

Was able to get the EVO down to -41 and the GNEX down to -43 for the 1x engineering menu.

7358947656_458d6f73c0.jpg

Since the GNex has already been posted, I will post the E4GT with ICS for comparison:

gallery_1_1_9845.jpg

gallery_1_1_6540.jpg

gallery_1_1_7497.jpg

gallery_1_1_28790.jpg

• Like 1

no airave - just an advantage of living "downtown"

Was able to get the EVO down to -41 and the GNEX down to -43 for the 1x engineering menu.

7358947656_458d6f73c0.jpg

Wow... Does your body get warm when you stand by the window? That's some crazy signal. That panel must be right next to you. Are you sure you aren't a NV contractor climbing on the tower rack taking screen shots? :)

• Like 1

Wow... Does your body get warm when you stand by the window? That's some crazy signal. That panel must be right next to you. Are you sure you aren't a NV contractor climbing on the tower rack taking screen shots? :)

He must live on the top floor not far from the panels.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

He must live on the top floor not far from the panels.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Yup. I have a pretty good view. Location posted here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/373-my-tower/page__view__findpost__p__10207

the panels that are flush with the building are Sprint and clearwire. The panels that are higher are Verizon (I think).

Yup. I have a pretty good view. Location posted here:

http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__10207

the panels that are flush with the building are Sprint and clearwire. The panels that are higher are Verizon (I think).

How much of a zoom lens do you have that you can get me a close up of the Clearwire panels? I have something similar to that in Lansing and want to make a comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how to map the channel numbers to actual frequencies?

Anyone know how to map the channel numbers to actual frequencies?

What type of channel numbers? CDMA2000, WiMAX, or LTE? ARFCN conversion varies by band and airlink tech.

AJ

CDMA2000 1900/800 and LTE 800. Playing around with a SDR and want to take a look at the signal.

Going back to the "my signal is stronger than yours" argument...the signal is usually in the -40s. Crazy talk...but that's what happens when the cell site is a block and a half away.

ForumRunner_20120630_212734.png

I would get pictures, but I would need to climb up on a mountain or somethig to be able to see the roof of the four-story building where the site sits. Maybe tomorrow, since mountains aren't exactly in short supply around here :)

Sent from my Galaxy SIII-32GB using Forum Runner

Having trouble with the difference between RX power (pilot stregenth?) and RSSI.

• 1 month later...
So in other words the lock code is "sprint" 777468 that is an easier way to remember it :)

Never noticed that. Thanks!

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner