Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

OK, this is a living example of "be careful what you ask for, 'cause you just might get it".  I sorta meant, "How about we talk about SPRINT in Chicago?"  Silly of me, I know, but, hey, I thought that's what this topic is all about.  I'll shut up now.  :wall:

Maybe Jabari has Sprint over in the englewood community?

• Like 1

So In my area they have been throwing up a lot of towers. I can think of 3-4 off the top of my head, with 1 to be built per my local newspaper (which was almost shot down by the village, but a compromise was reached to make it into a pine tree antenna).. however most of the ones already up don't even have equipment on them. I'm really hoping sprint is putting up equipment on at least some of them because service is pretty spotty up in the far NW suburbs. Is anyone aware of an aggressive buildout by a particular carrier in the area?

I'm at my friend's annual barbecue in Orland Hills where I've never had Sprint LTE service. This year, I'm bouncing between fringe 41 and a solid 26. I'm quite happy with Sprint these days.

• Like 3

I took a day trip out to Bass Lake in Knox, IN (great place to test sprints rural Indiana coverage). Taking 231 to S.R. 8 to route 35 and south to Knox band 26 was available everywhere. Had LTE much of the time except in fringe areas where it was just weak EVDO and 1x.

When I got to the cottage at Bass Lake it was the usual mix between 1 bar of 1x and EVDO (-103dbs or so) AND the occasional -119 db connection to band 26 LTE (it was useless though)

Took route 30 home, didn't get to check how consistent the LTE coverage was as I was on the phone the entire hour drive home, but I'm guessing I would have held onto it most of the time. I never dropped below 3 bars while in the call, and the person on the other end said I never cut out at all.

• Like 1

So In my area they have been throwing up a lot of towers. I can think of 3-4 off the top of my head, with 1 to be built per my local newspaper (which was almost shot down by the village, but a compromise was reached to make it into a pine tree antenna).. however most of the ones already up don't even have equipment on them. I'm really hoping sprint is putting up equipment on at least some of them because service is pretty spotty up in the far NW suburbs. Is anyone aware of an aggressive buildout by a particular carrier in the area?

I have that same exact black Polo shirt in your pic.  Although it makes me look fat.  Or maybe it's the friend chicken that makes me look fat.  Emmm...fried chicken...drool...

What were we talking about again?

Robert

• Like 3

I have that same exact black Polo shirt in your pic. Although it makes me look fat. Or maybe it's the friend chicken that makes me look fat. Emmm...fried chicken...drool...

What were we talking about again?

Robert

Its actually my favorite collared shirt. And I think it's rather slimming on the contrary. Also, now I have a taste for chicken.. So I'm about to order some chicken and waffles at brunch for my sister's birthday. Brunch Café, one of the best places in the NW burbs for breakfast, I highly recommend.

Or maybe it's the friend chicken...

Freudian slip or double entendre?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Freudian slip or double entendre?

;)

AJ

It's my plan to eat at the best Fried Chicken Joint in Sioux Falls today

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's my plan to eat at the best Fried Chicken Joint in Sioux Falls today

Say hello to your fine, feathered, fried friend.

AJ

Not sure about the west loop, but as of an hour ago I'm roaming on Verizon when I normally get a decent 1x800 & EVDO signal in my house. Something is definitely going on in my area..

Go to your local site and check it out. A certain new equipment overlay requires existing equipment to be turned off in order to connect the wiring.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As if that matters.  Do you really think Jabari Parker aced his ACT to get into Duke?  We all know they all take fluff classes with no accountability.  Haven't you seen the scandal unfolding at UNC?

Sam Smith's take on the Derrick Rose SAT "scandal."  

Question:

What's going to happen to Derrick Rose now after the Memphis allegations about SAT's?

April

Answer:

Sam Smith: Nothing. The NBA doesn't require SAT's. You're referring to the latest pathetic NCAA probe, this one about Memphis and someone, maybe Rose, not taking the SAT exam. Yup, a bunch of old white guys somewhere involved in the most hypocritical organization in the world making fortunes on the backs of mostly poor black kids whom they refuse to pay and with a cadre of money hungry blood sucking coaches throwing the kids under the bus all the time while they change jobs and haven't the slightest concern for a contract. So Tim Floyd supposedly paid O.J. Mayo and I don't think anything is happening to him. I wish kids went to college and I think it would be better if kids stayed in college a few years. But it's not for everyone, and I can see more kids going overseas like Jennings did. I think the NBA could make a developmental league work, but they probably can't match in salaries the bribes paid to players at most big time college programs. I know of a Hall of Famer who was in college the maximum because it was way before the high school and one and done eras who had a 10 or 12 on his ACT. Who cares? He was a genius at his chosen profession, more successful than the bean counters and back stabbers who run college basketball. College basketball has long been a cesspool of corruption and hypocrisy in which kids were taken advantage of to please the old fella network. Not the NBA. The most deserving get paid and get paid well. Shame on college sports. I don't give a crap what the NCAA says Rose did or didn't do. And you shouldn't either. He's a good kid, hard working, respectful, polite and responsible. And he's going to be a terrific player. I'd much rather spend time with him than any of the phonies on the NCAA enforcement committee.

• Like 3

Sam Smith's take on the Derrick Rose SAT "scandal."  

Question:

What's going to happen to Derrick Rose now after the Memphis allegations about SAT's?

April

Answer:

Sam Smith: Nothing. The NBA doesn't require SAT's. You're referring to the latest pathetic NCAA probe, this one about Memphis and someone, maybe Rose, not taking the SAT exam. Yup, a bunch of old white guys somewhere involved in the most hypocritical organization in the world making fortunes on the backs of mostly poor black kids whom they refuse to pay and with a cadre of money hungry blood sucking coaches throwing the kids under the bus all the time while they change jobs and haven't the slightest concern for a contract. So Tim Floyd supposedly paid O.J. Mayo and I don't think anything is happening to him. I wish kids went to college and I think it would be better if kids stayed in college a few years. But it's not for everyone, and I can see more kids going overseas like Jennings did. I think the NBA could make a developmental league work, but they probably can't match in salaries the bribes paid to players at most big time college programs. I know of a Hall of Famer who was in college the maximum because it was way before the high school and one and done eras who had a 10 or 12 on his ACT. Who cares? He was a genius at his chosen profession, more successful than the bean counters and back stabbers who run college basketball. College basketball has long been a cesspool of corruption and hypocrisy in which kids were taken advantage of to please the old fella network. Not the NBA. The most deserving get paid and get paid well. Shame on college sports. I don't give a crap what the NCAA says Rose did or didn't do. And you shouldn't either. He's a good kid, hard working, respectful, polite and responsible. And he's going to be a terrific player. I'd much rather spend time with him than any of the phonies on the NCAA enforcement committee.

Best post in the history of this forum!

Best post in the history of this forum!

Not at all.  Just the opposite.  You, Adam G, and Sam Smith are using rationalization and deflection strategies.  That is poor argumentation.

Derrick Rose cheated.  He cost his university, his coach, his teammates, and himself a stellar season, now stricken from the records.  And I merely say that karma may be coming back to haunt him with injuries.

I will have more to say on this matter later...

AJ

Not sure about the west loop, but as of an hour ago I'm roaming on Verizon when I normally get a decent 1x800 & EVDO signal in my house. Something is definitely going on in my area..

Where u at?  Suburbs?

I presume the Derrick Rose posts are relevant because he is tall enough to be a cell phone tower because NOTHING ELSE ABOUT HIM HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPRINT OR WITH CELLULAR TELEPHONY!!!

I presume the Derrick Rose posts are relevant because he is tall enough to be a cell phone tower because NOTHING ELSE ABOUT HIM HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SPRINT OR WITH CELLULAR TELEPHONY!!!

Oh, really?

slkas5.jpg

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Where u at? Suburbs?

Yeah, NW burbs in Fox River Grove. Also noticed my local Clearwire B41 tower has been offline for the last 2 weeks. Its actually the closest tower to my house so I'm hoping they convert it it full NV, along with the deactivated USCC site that is right down the block.

Yeah, NW burbs in Fox River Grove. Also noticed my local Clearwire B41 tower has been offline for the last 2 weeks. Its actually the closest tower to my house so I'm hoping they convert it it full NV, along with the deactivated USCC site that is right down the block.

Sounds like that's likely the case.  Did you do a PRL update. Hahaha!! :wall:

Could be doing Fit testing with the 8T8R equipment. I know orders start next month and then obviously installs commence.

The next 6 months are very going to be interesting. More so than NV 1.0 deployment if you ask me.