Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

The Town is covered (LTE) piss poor.  Every little bit helps.  

I think the Best Buy in Crystal Lake has a DAS... My RSRP improves by 20 dBm on B25 when instep inside.

The Town is covered (LTE) piss poor.  Every little bit helps.  

I didn't know coverage in Crystal Lake is so bad for LTE, I also didn't know Best Buy still has stores open.  Go figure.

Hi, so.. I've been wondering... If you have EXPERIENCED feedback surrounding this issue, then by all means let me know.... When tmobile deploys the 700mhz signal, would that rival sprint? Give a better signal? Also, with what sprint has can they rival the other 3 companies, and why?

Hi, so.. I've been wondering... If you have EXPERIENCED feedback surrounding this issue, then by all means let me know.... When tmobile deploys the 700mhz signal, would that rival sprint? Give a better signal? Also, with what sprint has can they rival the other 3 companies, and why?

One problem, T-Mobile doesn't have 700 A in Chicago.

One problem, T-Mobile doesn't have 700 A in Chicago.

After a swap or two, Leap/Cricket got the Lower 700 MHz A block in Chicago.  Like T-Mobile or not, I think we know that it will end up with the license in Chicago.  Hopefully, T-Mobile will have to pay big bucks to get it.

AJ

After a swap or two, Leap/Cricket got the Lower 700 MHz A block in Chicago. Like T-Mobile or not, I think we know that it will end up with the license in Chicago. Hopefully, T-Mobile will have to pay big bucks to get it.

AJ

Part of me wants Sprint to toss in bidding for B12. Sprint devices will support it anyway.

T-mobile 700mhz map

http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/extremetech-new-tmo-l700a-from-vzw-640x353.jpg

Wow! That's a pretty small map of the 700 signal! I didn't know that! Ok, so do you think sprint can compete with the other three? I'm curious.. Do you guys think a merger of tmobile/sprint would even be SMART/GOOD FOR US THE CONSUMER???

I'm asking these things because some of you guys ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT:)... Can you say, "breath of fresh air"? It's better than opinion.. Again, I was NOT aware the 700 MHz block they purchased was so small...

I'm asking these things because some of you guys ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT:)... Can you say, "breath of fresh air"? It's better than opinion.. Again, I was NOT aware the 700 MHz block they purchased was so small...

I commend T-Mobile for finally getting low band. That said, they paid a pretty hefty price and needed to make a capital call back to Big Daddy DT just to get that done. After that purchase, T-Mobile had a debt load very similar to Sprint's post-SoftBank.

That said, Sprint is ahead of TMUS for a change.

Roger that, but my main question is still can they compete with AT&T, Verizon, and tmobile? Would you think the proposed merger is good or bad?? Sorry again for the two part question, and I really do APPRECIATE the educated comments..

Roger that, but my main question is still can they compete with AT&T, Verizon, and tmobile? Would you think the proposed merger is good or bad?? Sorry again for the two part question, and I really do APPRECIATE the educated comments..

Yes Sprint can compete, because for the first time in forever that I can ever remember, Sprint has a plan to utilize all the spectrum they possess, have direct control of that spectrum, and be fully capitalized to deploy that spectrum as a capability. Not since the Nextel train wreck has Sprint had a plan to deal with all that. They do now.

Thanks! Now what are the feelings on a possible tmobile/sprint merger? I'm curious to hear the facts to support..

You might want to check out the T-Mobile/Sprint merger thread rather than to continue to careen this thread off track. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Part of me wants Sprint to toss in bidding for B12. Sprint devices will support it anyway.

Especially in then IBEZ! I'd do it!!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Especially in then IBEZ! I'd do it!!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Buying the 700 A from Vulcan would be a high grade troll job. :lol:

"While T-Mobile's CEO is Twittering away, we're out building a better network."

• Like 2

Chicago? Chicago???  Helloooo, anyone out there have anything to say about Chicago?  Y'know, my kinda town?  Toddlin'?  2nd carrier?  Anything?????

• Like 1

I dont think reducing the number of major players from four to three is really ever good for the consumer.  Does anyone think from a consumer point of view the airline industry is better off now thats its down to UAL, AA, DAL, & SW.  There were about ten major players just 7 or 8 years ago.

• Like 1

Chicago? Chicago???  Helloooo, anyone out there have anything to say about Chicago?  Y'know, my kinda town?  Toddlin'?  2nd carrier?  Anything?????

Yeah can we get Melo now that Lebron is going back home to Cleveland.  Is that Chicago relevant?

Yeah can we get Melo now that Lebron is going back home to Cleveland.  Is that Chicago relevant?

Closer than a bunch of posts.

Yeah can we get Melo now that Lebron is going back home to Cleveland.

Does it matter?  Derrick Rose's injury karma from cheating on his standardized tests will continue to stymie the Bulls.

:P

AJ

Does it matter?  Derrick Rose's injury karma from cheating on his standardized tests will continue to stymie the Bulls.

:P

AJ

As if that matters.  Do you really think Jabari Parker aced his ACT to get into Duke?  We all know they all take fluff classes with no accountability.  Haven't you seen the scandal unfolding at UNC?

OK, this is a living example of "be careful what you ask for, 'cause you just might get it".  I sorta meant, "How about we talk about SPRINT in Chicago?"  Silly of me, I know, but, hey, I thought that's what this topic is all about.  I'll shut up now.  :wall:

• Like 1