Flompholph

Member Level: 4G WiMax

• Honored Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Phones/Devices:S8
  • LocationConnellsville, Pa

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'm wondering if this site in Willmar is the reason why I get B41 at my house. There is only 1 B41 tower in town that has been broadcasting for 2 years now, and just a few months ago I started getting B41 in one room in my house. It's a -110 to -122db connection, so really slow speeds. If I can get a location as to where it is, I can get more speedtests and pictures of the setup!

http://s4gru.com/ind...acker/?p=467710

This has help me track down a few sites around me. I just created a new fusion table and through the csv in to filter out the GCIs and found were the towers should be. If it is a small cell with only one sector something like cellmapper won't help and SCP logs will only get you in the area.

ANSI standard setting for a 75 ft. wood pole is about 10 ft. So, you're still looking at about 65 ft. above ground.

I stopped by a proposed Mobilitie site in Los Angeles, and I can't imagine the neighbors are going to be very happy when they find out there's a 75 foot pole going up in their front yards. I want these small cells badly, but someone isn't using common sense with some of these proposed sites.

A lot of them will be attached to lights already in the ground and I think they will be hard to spot unless you know what you are looking for.

#22 utiz4321

utiz4321

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iphone
  • Locationphoenix

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

ANSI standard setting for a 75 ft. wood pole is about 10 ft. So, you're still looking at about 65 ft. above ground.

I stopped by a proposed Mobilitie site in Los Angeles, and I can't imagine the neighbors are going to be very happy when they find out there's a 75 foot pole going up in their front yards. I want these small cells badly, but someone isn't using common sense with some of these proposed sites.

They are. They are just applying common sense differently that you are. They are applying it to maximizing coverage while minimizing cost. The higher the tower the more area 2.5 will cover affectively, the fewer sites they need and the lower that CAPEX spend and up keep costs. Sprint doesn't have money to burn, especially given recent moves by other players in the market. I don't think it is a choice between one 75 foot pole or 3-4 30 foot poles for sprint. I think it is a choice between a 75 foot pole or one 30 foot pole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 bigmachine

bigmachine

Member Level: eHRPD

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • Phones/Devices:iPhone 6s, HTC One (M8), HTC One (M7)
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

A lot of them will be attached to lights already in the ground and I think they will be hard to spot unless you know what you are looking for.

I should have been more clear.  I was in a hurry when I wrote that.

A vast majority of the sites in L.A. are on existing street light poles, and most people probably won't notice them.

My concern was specifically about sites that are likely to get negative attention from community members.  I think with some proposals Mobilitie is going to face a lot of opposition which is going to result in delays and extra costs.

#24 bigmachine

bigmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:45 AM

They are. They are just applying common sense differently that you are. They are applying it to maximizing coverage while minimizing cost. The higher the tower the more area 2.5 will cover affectively, the fewer sites they need and the lower that CAPEX spend and up keep costs. Sprint doesn't have money to burn, especially given recent moves by other players in the market. I don't think it is a choice between one 75 foot pole or 3-4 30 foot poles for sprint. I think it is a choice between a 75 foot pole or one 30 foot pole.

I understand the CAPEX restrictions and appreciate the logic of using a higher structure.  (And your analysis is probably correct.)

However, to say that it makes sense to submit proposals that only take into consideration technical requirements is ignoring the much larger world of politics and community activism.

I would like to see Mobilitie and Sprint succeed.  I'm just concerned that some of these proposals are begging for opposition which will result in delays and additional expenses.

#25 dkyeager

dkyeager

Member Level: LTE Advanced

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,634 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG V20, MVNO G2s & Photon 4G, accessories, airave, use other phones/tablets
  • LocationColumbus, OH, USA

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

I understand the CAPEX restrictions and appreciate the logic of using a higher structure. (And your analysis is probably correct.)

However, to say that it makes sense to submit proposals that only take into consideration technical requirements is ignoring the much larger world of politics and community activism.

I would like to see Mobilitie and Sprint succeed. I'm just concerned that some of these proposals are begging for opposition which will result in delays and additional expenses.

I agree that they should start with the shorter height poles first. The 120ft seem to be existing site replacements and all have failed around Columbus and they kill the shorter height ones with them.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

#26 bigmachine

bigmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Is this first link Mobilitie/Sprint?  It's very similar to a lot of Verizon small cells in the San Fernando Valley.

#27 Flompholph

Flompholph

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Phones/Devices:S8
  • LocationConnellsville, Pa

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

Is this first link Mobilitie/Sprint?  It's very similar to a lot of Verizon small cells in the San Fernando Valley.

Should be sprint but if there is no GCI with the site then we can't be sure. And better pictures would be nice but I am not sure it is an air harmony I don't see the iBridge and this thread is about airspan products.

So better pic and a SCP would be the thing to prove it.

#28 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,808 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Pixel 5", Nexus 7 (2013) & 9 (2014), GS8, GS7, iPad Air 2
  • LocationSacramento, CA, USA

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Another update for better pics of the Airharmony 1000 pico. 

#29 RAvirani

RAvirani

Seattleite

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Not Telling
  • LocationProbably by the food (the food is in Seattle)

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Another update for better pics of the Airharmony 1000 pico.

Nice. Are there pictures of the B26 small cells because the thread name suggests there are although I can't seem to find them?

#30 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,808 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:38 PM

Nice. Are there pictures of the B26 small cells because the thread name suggests there are although I can't seem to find them?

aEk181q.png

bfCywKF.png

o2JPYWh.png

8mRXK9w.png

#31 dkyeager

dkyeager

Member Level: LTE Advanced

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,634 posts
  • Phones/Devices:LG V20, MVNO G2s & Photon 4G, accessories, airave, use other phones/tablets
  • LocationColumbus, OH, USA

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Should be sprint but if there is no GCI with the site then we can't be sure. And better pictures would be nice but I am not sure it is an air harmony I don't see the iBridge and this thread is about airspan products.

So better pic and a SCP would be the thing to prove it.

Some phones are not able to see small cells unless they are airplane moded, specifically the LG G2 and LG V20.

#32 chamb

chamb

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Samsung Galaxy S 7
  • LocationN/A

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:21 AM

Some phones are not able to see small cells unless they are airplane moded, specifically the LG G2 and LG V20.

You just made a good argument to NOT buy either of the phones and maybe other LG phones.

#33 Tengen31

Tengen31

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Phones/Devices:htc a9 HTC EVO 3D, Galaxy Victory,iPad and galaxy s3, galaxy S5
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:21 AM

Wow B26 small cells. I thought all their small cells were B41.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

#34 derrph

derrph

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • Phones/Devices:IPhone 6+ 64GB
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Wow B26 small cells. I thought all their small cells were B41.

Wow that should help out with really filling gaps.

#35 bigmachine

bigmachine

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:15 AM

Wow that should help out with really filling gaps.

A definite must once VoLTE rolls out.

#36 nickj1399

nickj1399

Member Level: iDEN *chirp*

• S4GRU Member
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Phones/Devices:Iphone 5
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

A definite must once VoLTE rolls out.

Hoping for a rollout soon... simultaneous voice and data is a must for sprint to stay competitive

#37 Tengen31

Tengen31

• S4GRU Premier Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Phones/Devices:htc a9 HTC EVO 3D, Galaxy Victory,iPad and galaxy s3, galaxy S5
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:23 AM

Hoping for a rollout soon... simultaneous voice and data is a must for sprint to stay competitive

2018 last I heard. More towers need to be added first. Their is still to many areas with poor tower spacing.

#38 Dkoellerwx

Dkoellerwx

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 11,823 posts
  • Phones/Devices:NOW: LG G5 PREVIOUS: LG G4, LG G3, HTC One M8, Nexus 5 , HTC One M7, Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO LTE, EVO 3D
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:28 PM

Can you explain more? I don't see why certain devices would not be able to use a signal that should be open to all devices on the network.

David

FB.png TW.png GPLUS.png

The views expressed on this forum do not represent the views of KRBK-TV or Koplar Communications.

#39 lilotimz

lilotimz

S4GRU Moderator

• S4GRU Staff
  • 8,808 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

Can you explain more? I don't see why certain devices would not be able to use a signal that should be open to all devices on the network.

Since it's new to the local RF environment, it and the rest of the enbs along with the UEs will need time to recognize and optimize handoffs to each other.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AirSpan, AirHarmony, Samsung region, AirHarmonry 1000D, AirHarmony 4000D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users