Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Edge+ Rumor Thread

lilotimz

Having a note 2, which I still love, I was waiting for the note 5 but it seams it will just be a bigger s6 w stylus. I know it will perform great but I hate that Samsung followed apple and restricted our options as far as removable sd card and battery which made Samsung different than apple which I dont like. I guess im going LG now.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Could the trend of the Note line missing out on the latest and greatest be broken? 3X CA?

ATT Note 5 + Edge has 3xCA while VZW Note 5 + Edge does not and have 2xCA. 

T-mobile and Sprint has yet to pop up. 

I heard today from a samsung rep that they have been told august is blacked out for PTO. They only do that for big device launches. He seems to think they will announce and launch a note 5 in Aug.

ATT Note 5 + Edge has 3xCA while VZW Note 5 + Edge does not and have 2xCA. 

T-mobile and Sprint has yet to pop up. 

TMO variants can do 3xCA and USM can only do 2xCA. Therefore, probably only 2xCA for Sprint too.

• Like 1

Which one is which?  If the USCC variant A3LSMG928R4 is any indication, one of these two handsets looks to be another recent Samsung RF turd.

AJ

Discovered by staff upon upload to the OET. Wall article in the making. 

And yes. 2xCA on the downlink, typical LTE band 2/4/5/12/25/26/41 support, no SVLTE,.. yada yada. 

• Like 5

And yes. 2xCA on the downlink, typical LTE band 2/4/5/12/25/26/41 support, no SVLTE,.. yada yada.

Okie dokie, artichokie

Also unsurprisingly VoWiFi and no VoLTE testing. Is the technical description of LTE Carrier Aggregation pairs located in a report which is not publicly available or under some kind of confidentiality?

• Like 1

Is the technical description of LTE Carrier Aggregation pairs located in a report which is not publicly available or under some kind of confidentiality?

Yup.

AJ

• Like 1

Yup.

AJ

Bummer. Samsung was one of the only ones which included the LTE CA pairs in the main doc other than LG. Even Motorola started including it in some of their docs. Can we petition to have the FCC "test" and "certify" the LTE CA pairs (so we can see of course)?

Bummer. Samsung was one of the only ones which included the LTE CA pairs in the main doc other than LG. Even Motorola started including it in some of their docs. Can we petition to have the FCC "test" and "certify" the LTE CA pairs (so we can see of course)?

When CA is only downlink, the FCC has no recourse, as CA makes no changes in uplink transmission.

AJ

Fire in the hole!

…or just article on The Wall.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-393-even-more-guardians-of-the-samsung-galaxy/

AJ

• Like 1

I was all excited for thth note but this rf thing is making step back. I can't believe it didn't scorbetter..

I'm completely "meh" too. No USB C (or even 3.0), no 4K screen for VR. Lack of an SD card can be made up by the 128GB storage option, but in total it just seems to be a worse RF performing Note 4 with CA.

I'm completely "meh" too. No USB C (or even 3.0), no 4K screen for VR. Lack of an SD card can be made up by the 128GB storage option, but in total it just seems to be a worse RF performing Note 4 with CA.

I think for some reason Samsung expects note users to sit in an office and use it with WiFi...just don't get it. Seems like Samsung is just trying to stay with apple

• Like 1