HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

I'm obviously a member here and I'm super excited for the 10. I consider myself more knowledgeable than the average user, but TBH once NV fully came to my area I've stopped following all the latest developments on LTE stuff, etc. I was mostly concerned previously about random coverage holes, but B26 really took care of that in my area. I have LTE practically everywhere I go. I don't need 20, 50, 100+ Mbps on my phone. It's at the point now where I don't even think about / wonder what band I'm on. Not that I don't care -- but I don't need to care because it works consistently and reliably. Which definitely was not the case for me in some areas pre-NV.

While 2xCA and 3xCA is great, the average user has no clue and does not care at all. As long as it says "LTE" and they have a reasonable amount of "bars" they are fine.

So, I really don't think all of these "issues" will even impact 1% of the people who will potentially buy this phone. I have had nothing but HTC phones since 2011. I've used Samsungs a few times and Touch Wiz is cheesy at best. Sense is really where it's at in terms of premium UI functionality and looks and IMO that is what sells a phone more than anything. (Not to forget, of course, what colors it comes in).

Perhaps where you use your device often, there is plenty of PCS spectrum, along with a more progressed layout of band 41 that helps make your experience with it plenty good enough for you. I know in one town around here in the Chicago market - specifically in Schaumburg, band 41 is so well deployed many people might find it perfectly acceptable for them, as it gets really good speeds even in times or congestion without ca. I used Sprint in that area last year prior to ca being deployed, and it was fine.

However, there is a very important purpose for Sprint to have their devices, as many possible, on 3xca, as it frees up congestion on the network with a wideband of band 41. That is why this is being activated and marketed by Sprint because Sprint knows this amount of spectrum is so important for its network. Again, it really isn't just about peak speeda but rather maintaining usable speeds really well during congestion, which not all areas do so well as in Schaumburg.

Regarding the device, while I hope it sells well for HTC, as I've been hopeful for them to do so with this, and am glad HTC didn't entirely abandon one of their most beloved flagship features (Boomsound), I can't help but to wonder why HTC didn't add more to the HTC 10, considering what has been said about its physical space. When looked at in contrast to what could have been added, it is curious why HTC wouldn't go all out with this device in making it clearly better than the competition, which it really isn't. It definitely looks much better than the LG G5, but not quite what is being offered in the Samsung S7.   

If 3xca isn't truly needed, why are companies spending money and research to support it? Why is sprint spending money to support the capability?

People said you didn't need a camera on a phone at one point. 3G was plenty fast as well at another point. Technology evolves, and a flagship device launching without 3xca isn't a flagship device, its already antiquated technology.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If 3xca isn't truly needed, why are companies spending money and research to support it? Why is sprint spending money to support the capability?

People said you didn't need a camera on a phone at one point. 3G was plenty fast as well at another point. Technology evolves, and a flagship device launching without 3xca isn't a flagship device, its already antiquated technology.

I completely agree! Well stated!

Also, it is similar to how I feel about other forms of technology. HTC is hurting for business after years of losing market share. This is their opportunity to make a breakthrough device. Yet, it really doesn't seem that way with the HTC 10. Especially as it isn't as technically advanced as other flagships.

Still, it seems like it'll be a good device, just not what it could or really should have been. Although if it is only going to be 2xca, that'll make it lose customers to the S7 and possibly other devices coming out soon, such as the Sony lineup, if Sony makes Sprint compatible devices this time around.

While 3xCA is not necessarily needed, it is there to let people finish their download faster so it is available for others more often.

Very true, and with helping main speeds better during congestion.

I wanted to write a bit more of my thoughts regarding the HTC 10 from just having finished reading the AP article about it, but I'll have to delay that for now as I'm experiencing uncomfortable muscle twitching I hope is just a side effect of an allergy medication I took awhile ago I read can cause this, rather than this being from my health condition. So, my writing on S4GRU will be postponed for a bit.

The difference between 3xCA and 2xCA is negligible at best for 99% of users. In fact, short of doing speedtests and sharing screenshots, the user experience is the same. When your phone is idle (no data usage) it parks on any of the 2 available carriers, and the network assigns resources as needed. 

HTC has an excellent phone which will certainly sell, with or without the front facing speakers. The way I see it, the A9 was the test bed for the new design, and apparently it did well enough that HTC souped it up 10x for the One 10. 

Some of the criticism about the device screams first world problems, and shows that the device may not be the right fit for the 1%'ers

• Like 7

There will be a natural progression no matter what the technology but specifically speaking going from 2xCA to 3xCA isn't as big of a leap compared to going from 3g to wimax/lte. The real world benefits are marginal at best.

There will be a natural progression no matter what the technology but specifically speaking going from 2xCA to 3xCA isn't as big of a leap compared to going from 3g to wimax/lte. The real world benefits are marginal at best.

So the better comparison is HDTV to 4K. It's not like going from standard Def to 1080. But you can still notice the difference.

• Like 2

The difference between 3xCA and 2xCA is negligible at best for 99% of users. In fact, short of doing speedtests and sharing screenshots, the user experience is the same. When your phone is idle (no data usage) it parks on any of the 2 available carriers, and the network assigns resources as needed.

HTC has an excellent phone which will certainly sell, with or without the front facing speakers. The way I see it, the A9 was the test bed for the new design, and apparently it did well enough that HTC souped it up 10x for the One 10.

Some of the criticism about the device screams first world problems, and shows that the device may not be the right fit for the 1%'ers

How is htc's signal performance on there phones. I know samsung is the best so far but how does htc compare ?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

How is htc's signal performance on there phones. I know samsung is the best so far but how does htc compare ?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

As far how the m10 performs on sprint, you won't be disappointed.
  • Like 3

The lack of any updates on this devices availability is surprising. I cant wait much longer to replace my m8. Battery lasts 2 hours tops now.

• Like 3

The lack of any updates on this devices availability is surprising. I cant wait much longer to replace my m8. Battery lasts 2 hours tops now.

Not even a darn Preorder date.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I continue to believe this is a huge mistake being made by HTC, which they've already made by not having this device be as good as it should have been.

Yep, will be supporting 3XCA, the second device on the list.

The exact date will be May 13th

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/4gvsb7/htc_10_coming_to_sprint_lte_plus_network_may_13th/

Hopefully all of this information is true, though I think it is better to be skeptical about this, until either it becomes official news, or if one of the insider S4GRU members or staff were to report this from a source they personally know of who works for Sprint or HTC. Such trusted sources here being AJ, Josh, Tim, and Robert who post this kind of information on the S4GRU blog/wall.

Yep, will be supporting 3XCA, the second device on the list.

The exact date will be May 13th

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/4gvsb7/htc_10_coming_to_sprint_lte_plus_network_may_13th/

Wow, that's a long wait! I am rather perplexed. Have always been an HTC fan and itching to try the 10! Just can't figure out why they're waiting so long between announcement and release?

Verizon's website has started Preorders with shipment date of 5/5 wish Sprint would have been this quick at it also.

Heck, those of us who pre-ordered the unlocked edition on announcement day are still waiting! :rolleyes:

Heck, those of us who pre-ordered the unlocked edition on announcement day are still waiting! :rolleyes:

Well they did tell y'all early May right?..

• Like 1

Well I pre-ordered my HTC 10 from Verizon - I couldn't pass on the $100 discount (switched to Verizon last fall due to living at the edge of Sprint native service).

Should be here on the 5th - I'll be sure to come back and give some initial impressions.  I am jumping back to Android from iOS.  

• Like 1

Well I pre-ordered my HTC 10 from Verizon (switched to Verizon last fall due to living at the edge of Sprint native service).

Should be here on the 5th - I'll be sure to come back and give some initial impressions. I am jumping back to Android from iOS.

Please do! I'm very curious about this device.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Please do! I'm very curious about this device.

Yeah I will.  If you really want to get at least a peek into the device and hold it, Verizon stores are supposed to have it there to check out (probably only corporate stores, but maybe authorized retailers too).

I might stop by one on my way home from work just to make sure I want to keep the pre-order.

Yeah I will. If you really want to get at least a peek into the device and hold it, Verizon stores are supposed to have it there to check out (probably only corporate stores, but maybe authorized retailers too).

I might stop by one on my way home from work just to make sure I want to keep the pre-order.

I know, I'm just afraid I might go for it lol. I cancelled my service with them and it's effective Sunday lol. They are offering me 300.00 for my iPhone 6s to put towards the device lol.