HTC 10 Rumor Thread (Was HTC One M10 Rumor Thread)

Overstew

Notice in the HTC 10 introduction video, specifically in the comments section, people asking for model information of the DAC and amp. HTC knows this information is important to its customers, many of whom are audiophiles and want to know if its ESS, Yamaha, etc.

Also to mention, its akin to people here on S4GRU wanting to know more regarding the Sprint equivalent. I'd say knowing the Sprint information actually is more important for HTC to release than the audio information, as there are millions of potential HTC 10 buyers on Sprint who are being left out in the dark right now. Why should we be speculating if the Asian model of the HTC 10 will be the Sprint model, when its clear what the U.S. GSM-based model already is. HTC has a very good-sounding device here which they've been teasing for weeks, yet when it comes to the actual reveal, alot is being left unanswered.

As much as I like this device, I'm pretty appalled by HTC not giving these important details in the reveal.

I want one ... NOW! My One E8 took a swim in the toilet a few weeks ago and the battery has not lasted as long as it used to since then. Also still waiting for Marshmallow with it ... The M8's got it at least a month ago.

Anyone see anything about the IR blaster like previous models had? I would be surprised if they removed it, but I am not seeing it.

It has been removed. I read somewhere today that they looked into the statistics and found hardly anyone use the IR blaster on their previous phones.

Pulled the trigger this morning for the unlocked variant. It was too tempting and watching the hands on videos made me really appreciate the looks of the device, even the front.

Were you able to use the coupon

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

The more I look, the more I would be willing to overlook the removal of the bottom speaker from the front, but I still can't stand having the headphone jack on top.

The more I look, the more I would be willing to overlook the removal of the bottom speaker from the front, but I still can't stand having the headphone jack on top.

I think it's better that way

Sent from my SM-N910 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What is puzzling, besides the Canadian release date being launched at the end of April, not much else new in the news today regarding the HTC 10. Nor is there any word yet regarding Sprint specifications of the device. All of the information given on HTC's site for the HTC 10, only shows GSM specifications, which are not compatible on Sprint. As much as I like the HTC 10 nfrom what I know of it, this has really been a botched reveal by HTC. Actually, it is contestable which is worse, this or the reveal of the LG G5. Right now, if HTC can get back into action and begin to reveal this important information, they may still have a chance. Whereas, the LG G5 basically is dead, with no 3xca support and to make matters worse, the B&O HiFi module is only available in Europe, and only for the European models of the G5.

If I were the CEO of Sprint, I'd do four things that would help Sprint alot more than going on these ridiculous customer meetups. I'd get the facts out about the Sprint version of the HTC 10 A.S.A.P., I'd get in talks with Sony about a deal to carry a special Sprint version of the Xperia Z5 Premium with the Snapdragon 820 instead of the 810, along with securing a deal with Sony to carry the midrange Sony Xperia X Performance on Sprint. Then I'd do two other things. I'd talk with Chinese-based company Oppo, about releasing Sprint versions of their products. Then I'd talk with another Chinese-based company Vivo, about getting a Sprint version of the Xplay 5 and Elite.

Doing those things, getting them secured would mean a definitive advantage in contrast to the other carriers, as Sprint would be the only carrier in the U.S. to sell the best premium smartphones in the world. It would give Sprint that edge it needs that would make customers forget completely about the LG V10 not being on Sprint. With Sony, Oppo, and Vivo on board, Sprint wouldn't even need LG. It would put serious pressure on Samsung in the U.S., especially as Sprint's network developments help to gorw its customer base, allowing Sprint to make better deals with Samsung and perhaps even Apple.

Right now, if HTC can get back into action and begin to reveal this important information, they may still have a chance. Whereas, the LG G5 basically is dead, with no 3xca support and to make matters worse, the B&O HiFi module is only available in Europe, and only for the European models of the G5.

I'm pretty sure most people don't expect, no, demand, nearly as much out of their product reveals as you do. Other than reading your complaints, I never felt like the reveal for the HTC 10 or G5 were botched. Nor do I think the G5 is dead because of the lack of 3xCA. For those in this community, yes it may make a difference, but for the vast majority, it will not. Nor will the vast majority really notice whatever it is you are calling a lack of information. I know my brother and I will both likely get the HTC 10, and possibly my dad as well. Both of them couldn't care less about the "botched" reveal. They just want the phone.

• Like 6

The only way I'd say that HTC "botched" the launch is that they put some versions of the phone up for pre-order, but not the Sprint or Verizon versions. Meanwhile HTC is releasing promo codes that give you $100 off that users on those carriers can't take advantage of. Hopefully they run the deals long enough for everyone to have a fair shot at using it.

• Like 2

I am not finding any solid "go get this now" reviews.  Seems everyone agrees, its just middle of the pack.  The camera isnt impressing me the most.

http://www.cnet.com/products/htc-10-review/

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/14/11429858/htc-10-review

http://gizmodo.com/htc-10-review-a-last-grasp-at-greatness-1770943344

• Like 1

Rather than my giving examples of a botched reveal, which I've aleady done to an extent, granted HTC does still have some time to fix things, I'll just use a very simple example here. Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Edge version. Samsung did a very excellent job with its reveal, giving full details of its new devices within a very short time frame, and has kept up very well with its marketing.

Again, HTC still has some time left to do what it needs to do, and I'm not basing this purely on my own wants, but what I've read from many others online. Now regarding the LG G5, while I'm glad some people here like the device, and that is fine they do, many others again from what I'm reading online are calling the device much worse than what I have, vowing either to get the HTC 10 if they get the information they need to know for their own purchasing decisions, or they are going to go with the Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge version.

Furthermore, it is amazing how Samsung has done so well with the S7. Not only has it captured the attention of its loyal customers, but it has won over many people who've sworn for years never to buy another Samsung smartphone. That is what HTC needs to do with its device, and it seems to have it in terms of hardware, but they need to do better on its marketing.

I am not finding any solid "go get this now" reviews.  Seems everyone agrees, its just middle of the pack.  The camera isnt impressing me the most.

http://www.cnet.com/products/htc-10-review/

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/14/11429858/htc-10-review

http://gizmodo.com/htc-10-review-a-last-grasp-at-greatness-1770943344

The Gizmodo read was actually praising the device.  It does say that the Camera isn't quite as good as the S7 (in terms of focusing), but I bet that a software update can fix that.  I don't take many pictures so I don't care a whole lot about the camera performance, but I do really want a current-gen device that's hack-able, so the 10 is exactly what I'm looking for.

The Gizmodo read was actually praising the device.  It does say that the Camera isn't quite as good as the S7 (in terms of focusing), but I bet that a software update can fix that.  I don't take many pictures so I don't care a whole lot about the camera performance, but I do really want a current-gen device that's hack-able, so the 10 is exactly what I'm looking for.

Yea that was about the best article I could find.  I think I am still going to get it, but I wish the camera had blown us away.  Everyone has been waiting for HTC to do just that.  I dont use it all that often, but when I do, I want the best quality I can get without pulling out my Cannon Rebel.

• Like 2

Yea that was about the best article I could find.  I think I am still going to get it, but I wish the camera had blown us away.  Everyone has been waiting for HTC to do just that.  I dont use it all that often, but when I do, I want the best quality I can get without pulling out my Cannon Rebel.

This one should do it then

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/04/htc-10-review-htc-builds-the-best-android-flagship-of-2016/

Official specs don't list 240fps slow mo. Even though Nexus 6p with similar camera supports it. Figured that would be an option due to the fact of the faster SOC. But overall solid device... Interested in radio specs for Sprint. Design is still not amazing, just think an overall package is well executed. It's utilitarian and industrial

Yeah man. Hoping that the M10 delivers. I've gotten every HTC Flagship phone that has come to Sprint in the last 6 years and if the M10 lets me down, then I'm getting the Nexus 6P.

The Moto X pure looks like A better phone then the Nexus 6p. I think anyway