Samsung Galaxy Note 5 User Thread

COZisBack

PSA, best buy have the Note5 for $100 off on 2 year contract upgrade ($149 before tax for 32gb).  Seem to be B&M only as online still show $249.  YMMV, I upgraded yesterday suburban Chicago

Online it says new two year contract for 149 but a 2 year extension is still 249...what's the difference..I'm due my 2 year upgrade..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by iruntrains

Online it says new two year contract for 149 but a 2 year extension is still 249...what's the difference..I'm due my 2 year upgrade..

Not sure.... in store when i did the upgrade it rung up as $149, the price label on the display said $149 also, I should have took a picture so we can reference the fine prints on it but did not

Quick question..I have the g2 right now and I use a slim port adapter to connect it to my tv..I started looking and notice most other phones are mhl compatible but not the note 5...how can you connect it to the tv through an hdmi cable? I was wanting to know before I bought it.

Quick question..I have the g2 right now and I use a slim port adapter to connect it to my tv..I started looking and notice most other phones are mhl compatible but not the note 5...how can you connect it to the tv through an hdmi cable? I was wanting to know before I bought it.

I don't think MHL works with the Note anymore.  I have one at home and will give it a shot for you tonight if I can remember. 

EDIT:  Why do you want to do this?  Just get a Chromecast.  $35 and you can mirror your screen or just cast stuff. 

So, about the Samsung Pay sign up and get the free wireless charger thing......did anyone else do that? 

I did and I finally got my charger last week after like 5 weeks.  Then another one came today??!?!  Ha ha ha.  It's the never ending wireless charger give-away!   It was addressed to my account for both of them.  We just did the certificate for my wife's S6 3 days ago and hers says pending shipment still, so it couldn't be for hers.  Any body else get two chargers?

I don't think MHL works with the Note anymore. I have one at home and will give it a shot for you tonight if I can remember.

EDIT: Why do you want to do this? Just get a Chromecast. $35 and you can mirror your screen or just cast stuff.

So, about the Samsung Pay sign up and get the free wireless charger thing......did anyone else do that?

I did and I finally got my charger last week after like 5 weeks. Then another one came today??!?! Ha ha ha. It's the never ending wireless charger give-away! It was addressed to my account for both of them. We just did the certificate for my wife's S6 3 days ago and hers says pending shipment still, so it couldn't be for hers. Any body else get two chargers?

Same thing happened to me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update with the mhl info...the woman was all like we aren't selling it for that price..I said that's what it's advertised as..she said they weren't going to match it so I said ring it up and see what it comes out as...she have it to another sales person and walked off but said something to her which I still don't know what it was...anyhow, it rang up 149 for me so I got what I came for...

As long as we are talking about samsung pay, don't forget sprint and Samsung is offering $50 sprint bill credit for buying and activating samsung pay between oct15-nov30, and free wireless charger (up to 200k gifts) for activating samsung pay Oct 28-nov 8.

Fine prints say cannot combine offer but I'm giving both a shot. ... if you are only going for one the $50 bill credit is the better of the 2 as wireless charger is pretty cheap

Www.samsungpromotions.com

Yes, I received two chargers on Tuesday,it was a nice surprise.

Lucky you won the multiple charger sweepstakes.  I only got 1  :( .  There are multiple reports on Slickdeals that Samsung screwed up on some of the orders where some folks got multiple units.  All I really wanted was about 3-5 of them.

Lucky you won the multiple charger sweepstakes.  I only got 1  :( .  There are multiple reports on Slickdeals that Samsung screwed up on some of the orders where some folks got multiple units.  All I really wanted was about 3-5 of them.

Just get these ones http://goo.gl/teY0ij They're cheap, small, and work great.

I now have 8 wireless charger pads in my life (night stands, end tables floor 1, end tables basement, 1 at work for me, 1 for my wife's work) and should have 1 more coming from my wife's S6 deal.  Love wireless charging. 

• Like 2

Just get these ones http://goo.gl/teY0ij They're cheap, small, and work great.

I now have 8 wireless charger pads in my life (night stands, end tables floor 1, end tables basement, 1 at work for me, 1 for my wife's work) and should have 1 more coming from my wife's S6 deal.  Love wireless charging. 

That wasn't the point.  I know I can always buy wireless chargers even if its cheap if I needed them and thanks for the link.  However the point was that the samsung pay promo was giving away wireless chargers for free and I was just saying I was wishing Samsung screwed up on my order  :) .

That wasn't the point.  I know I can always buy wireless chargers even if its cheap if I needed them and thanks for the link.  However the point was that the samsung pay promo was giving away wireless chargers for free and I was just saying I was wishing Samsung screwed up on my order  :) .

Yes, free would be nice, but the Samsung chargers are huge and have incredibly bright lights on them.  They're in the basement for sure for me.  I would not buy those chargers outright to actually use. 

• Like 1

Yes, free would be nice, but the Samsung chargers are huge and have incredibly bright lights on them.  They're in the basement for sure for me.  I would not buy those chargers outright to actually use. 

Yeah I guess the only one that would annoy me is the one i would put by your bedside but even then there are workarounds to counter that.  I would take free any day because of the huge surface the Samsung ones have over the Choetech charger (which I returned).

Sprint is now offering 1 yr Amazon Prime deal when activating any Samsung device.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/amazon-prime-samsung-deal/index.html?INTCID=TSC:MyS:ICP:110615:SamsungAmazon#!/

Argh...i wish they would give it to folks who activated service within the last month.

• Like 2