COZisBack

HTC One M9 User Thread

Deval    2,869

Not really, the best way to do it is to shower with the bathroom door closed and after you're done apply it while you're in there. The steam gets all the particles out of the air, then you just apply it like a normal screen protector. Wipe off the screen so its clean, pick an edge and try to line it up as best as you can using whatever technique you prefer to keep it from bubbling.

Ok great, I'll try that when mine arrives on Friday.

themuffinman    2,592

The folks who use them, the glass screen protectors are all wet installs right? I just ordered the Skinomi, let's see how it plays out. I always avoided wet installs, ever since I got the Zagg for my iPhone 5 and it started peeling after 1.5 years.

All the ones I used have never been a wet install, you just have to make sure you get it right the first time, because once its on thats basically it for the most part. Trying to take it back off will more than likely damage it.

themuffinman    2,592

Just read that there is suppose to be an ota available tomorrow that will drastically improve the camera performance.

• Like 1

kojitsari    558

Just read that there is suppose to be an ota available tomorrow that will drastically improve the camera performance.

Oh of course, right after I break my ability to OTA ...

WiWavelength    31,437

As a photographer with a film degree, I can improve your camera.  Get a real camera.  Learn the fundamentals of photography and optical physics.  If you obsesss over smartphone camera specs, you suck.

AJ

• Like 3

jeffcarp    276

There is something very strange about that article and update rumor going around tonight. All of the commentary suggests that this is a US update to bring the software current with the latest International version which improves the camera. However it is quoted that the software update that we are supposed to get starting tomorrow is version 1.32.531.33. My version is already 1.32.651.17.

So I don't really understand what is going on.

jeffcarp    276

As a photographer with a film degree, I can improve your camera. Get a real camera. Learn the fundamentals of photography and optical physics. If you obsesss over smartphone camera specs, you suck.

AJ

That's very true but that's not to say that they can't make the camera better by updating the software.

WiWavelength    31,437

That's very true but that's not to say that they can't make the camera better by updating the software.

Take a look at what can be done within the span of a week with a 1.3 MP flip phone camera almost a decade ago.

http://ajshepherd.blogspot.com/

At least two or three of those shots are outstanding -- regardless of medium or technical limitations.  That is because knowledge and skill are dependent upon the photographer.  No smartphone camera specs are going to fix that.  The specs are so similar that they are almost irrelevant -- except for maybe that godawful protruding lens Nokia thing.

AJ

• Like 2

Sgt. Slaughter    400

Not true at all... Camera can vastly improve through software updates... Algorithms tweaked in the processing of the image can greatly improve the end result... HTC does it all the time.

jeffcarp    276

I am agreeing with you. Reread my post. I think you might have missed the double negative in my sentence.

• Like 1

themuffinman    2,592

Not true at all... Camera can vastly improve through software updates... Algorithms tweaked in the processing of the image can greatly improve the end result... HTC does it all the time.

Congratulations, saw the announcement on the "other" website the other day, LOL.

• Like 2

Sgt. Slaughter    400

Congratulations, saw the announcement on the "other" website the other day, LOL.

Thanks! Excited as I never win anything. Lol

#2 m9

• Like 3

Paynefanbro    4,137

I am part of the "other" website too now. I forgot to tell you all.

WiWavelength    31,437

I am part of the "other" website too now. I forgot to tell you all.

I call the "other" web site TGIT.

;)

AJ

jeffcarp    276

Did anybody get an updated firmware today? The rumors were the Sprint version was being distributed today.

themuffinman    2,592

Nope

davidtm    281

I've been checking all day, and nada

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One M9

bakedc4    194

Would a big blue tinted spot in the upper right corner of my screen be a call to Sprint of HTC? I never noticed it before since my background in that spot is also blue.

davidtm    281

Arrived this AM

uploadfromtaptalk1428752003427.jpeg

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One M9 or Tab4 10.1

• Like 3

themuffinman    2,592

Yep, downloading it now. Hopefully, these improvements help more than just the camera, battery life seems to be questionable for me as well. My m8 definitely lasts longer. 

leozno1    227

Arrived this AM

attachicon.giftapatalk_1428751863081.jpeg

Sent from Tapatalk on my HTC One M9 or Tab4 10.1

Any noticeable improvements from this latest update so far? My biggest concern is battery life with the Snapdragon 810. 

Deval    2,869

Downloading the update now, had to manually search for update in Setting->About.

afazel    293

Would a big blue tinted spot in the upper right corner of my screen be a call to Sprint of HTC? I never noticed it before since my background in that spot is also blue.

I'd say so

danRandall    39

any word of rf performance, especially compared to the m8 or nexus 5?