lilotimz

LG G5 User Thread (LG-LS992)

Get a small screwdriver and take it apart. It's not hard at all I had to replace two screens

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

my lg g5 after the update the battery life is worse then before....my phone is only 4 months old

Get a small screwdriver and take it apart. It's not hard at all I had to replace two screens

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

i even found in the service menu a option for volte

Got a system update this morning after a very long time without one.  Software is now LS992ZVC, bringing it to the 9/1/17 patch level.  Still Android 7.0.  Anything else I should check?

- Trip

Got a system update this morning after a very long time without one.  Software is now LS992ZVC, bringing it to the 9/1/17 patch level.  Still Android 7.0.  Anything else I should check?
- Trip
Look to see if wifi calling is still labeled as such or has it been relabeled as calling plus.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Look to see if wifi calling is still labeled as such or has it been relabeled as calling plus.

No such luck :(

Could be wrong, but I'd assume we'd see a version level (even minor - aka 7.0.1) if there were any actual functionality changes/patches.  Anytime there's just a security patch update the version never changes from what I've observed.

New system update prompt today & just installed it.   I forgot to take a screenshot of the front end descriptor but it said something about optimization in addition to security updates, but there's no version change after the fact - still 7.0, and shows security patch level as February 1, 2018.  New software version is LS992ZVF.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

Hope yet for Oreo release on the G5:

https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g5-android-oreo-kernel-sources-korea/amp/

(yes, I'm probably one of the few still hanging on to one)

I still have mine as back up. Powered it up to make sure it works. My G6 Bluetooth isn't working and vibration stopped so I'm considering sending it in, and using the G5 in the interim.

Whether Sprint would spring for their usual features/bloatware and distribution/support costs for a two year plus phone remains to be seen. T-Mobile might be more likely. Still many of these phones out there.

Hope yet for Oreo release on the G5:
https://www.xda-developers.com/lg-g5-android-oreo-kernel-sources-korea/amp/
(yes, I'm probably one of the few still hanging on to one)

I dropped my G5 awhile back and broke the screen. Didn't want to pay the 150 (?) deductible for an out of date phone so I just went and got a different phone. I do miss my G5 from time to time. It took better pictures than any phone I have had to date. I did NOT miss all the bloatware and useless apps that came with it as part of Sprint and some from LG. Hope it gets Oreo soon!

We have 3 in the household, 2 have had to be replaced, but we're starting to forego TEP altogether and in both replacement cases bought a manufacturer refurbished G5 off eBay for $100 or less from Cellularstream.  I still love the convenience of the replaceable battery and they're plenty fast enough for anything we need to do. 

• Like 2