LG G5 User Thread (LG-LS992)

lilotimz

SMS over WiFi already works?

Not on the LG G5 currently.

Sent from my SM-N930P2 using Tapatalk

Notes mentioned VOWiFi improvements/security patches and one other thing I forget at the moment. Thinking it was a nondescript 'bug fixes' reference but not sure. I ran it this morning after I got into work.

With my Note 7, I tested it by turning on airplane mode, turning on Wi-Fi calling. Making a test call to and from. Sending a text to and from. No success with text over Wi-Fi (it will keep trying).

With my Note 7, I tested it by turning on airplane mode, turning on Wi-Fi calling. Making a test call to and from. Sending a text to and from. No success with text over Wi-Fi (it will keep trying).

I'm assuming you meant to quote Dkoeller, not me - I didn't mention anything about SMS, just was pointing out the update note I saw regarding VoWifi.

Tested text messages over Wi-Fi. Not yet.

• 1 month later...

Through system updates? Yeah it's not there.

Sent from my LG G5

It's there on mine.  I'm just waiting to install it to make sure I actually want it.  SCP is non-negotiable to me.

- Trip

• Like 1

Now only if SCP would get updated. [emoji22]

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I decided I couldn't wait anymore and went for it.  Upgrade finished successfully, and all seems well in SCP.  Looking at the SCP diagnostics, the API now provides EARFCN, but SCP does not appear to use it yet.

It does feel a lot laggier than it did before, but I assume it's still doing things in the background.  I'll see how it is in a few hours.

- Trip

It's there on mine.  I'm just waiting to install it to make sure I actually want it.  SCP is non-negotiable to me.

- Trip

Finally downloaded. LG home refuses to update so I can't get to my home screen and my power button doesn't work! 

Not exactly what I was expecting....

Finally downloaded. LG home refuses to update so I can't get to my home screen and my power button doesn't work! 

Not exactly what I was expecting....

I think that happened to me at first, and it took a few minutes for it to download and get set up.  Why it's not included in the 1.3GB image, I have no idea.

- Trip

I think that happened to me at first, and it took a few minutes for it to download and get set up.  Why it's not included in the 1.3GB image, I have no idea.

- Trip

Yeah it finally downloaded and let me see my home screen. Something is still wrong with my power button. Won't turn the screen on or off. Had to pull the batter to shut it down, and took like 10 tries pressing the button different ways to get it to turn on.

Yeah it finally downloaded and let me see my home screen. Something is still wrong with my power button. Won't turn the screen on or off. Had to pull the batter to shut it down, and took like 10 tries pressing the button different ways to get it to turn on.

classic g5 build issue.

One of my spotters has a G5 and got the nougat update today. You can set the phone for 3xCA with the MSL. Columbus is supposed to have 3xCA. It shows on the debug screen:

53840719edf97a7f593c56c4594603cb.jpg

However, the ping almost doubles over default CA and the speed appears throttled. Speed is generally below CA at this point in time. Still, this is progress that should be good for most LG G5 users eventually.

It does feel a lot laggier than it did before, but I assume it's still doing things in the background.  I'll see how it is in a few hours.

- Trip

I was a bit apprehensive of updating after I read this, but I finally had the time and ran it today - thus far on mine, if anything the system seems even slightly snappier overall than before the update.

The only negative to me is the new way notifications are rendered on the pulldown in 7/Nougat - I do like the 'grouped' notification aspect on something like Score or ESPN apps from a functional perspective, but the overall presentation look versus how they looked in Marshmallow I don't really care for.