Sprint MVNO Voyager Mobile Launching May 15

4GHoward

So, we post paid subscribers pay $10 for premium data on top of the plan costs and have to deal with our data connections timing out because they are so slow, but Sprint thought it was a good idea to bring in another MVNO while their network is junk and it appears that they can have an unlimited data plan for $19/month.

I know people will say that Sprint bringing in extra money is a good thing, but I fail to see the silver lining when the network doesn't work and they don't have a lot of spectrum.

Can their network really handle more subscribers at this time?

They got hacked. Why?

U mad VZW?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yep, their main web site has this message this morning:

During its Tuesday, May 15 launch, Voyager Mobile experienced a malicious network attack to its primary website: voyagermobile.com. Due to the network outage, Voyager Mobile is postponing its launch to a time and date in the very near future.

So, we post paid subscribers pay $10 for premium data on top of the plan costs and have to deal with our data connections timing out because they are so slow, but Sprint thought it was a good idea to bring in another MVNO while their network is junk and it appears that they can have an unlimited data plan for $19/month.

I know people will say that Sprint bringing in extra money is a good thing, but I fail to see the silver lining when the network doesn't work and they don't have a lot of spectrum.

Can their network really handle more subscribers at this time?

They do have enough spectrum. Sprint is not spectrum deficient. The amount of customers that Sprint will get on their network from this is negligible. Maybe one million new customers in a year, and spread all over the country. If Sprint gained one million new post paid subscribers, no one would be complaining.

Network Vision will make Sprint's network very capable to serve many MVNO's. Most of Sprint's 3G woes are related to backhaul, and the backhaul issues get resolved in Network Vision upgrades. Sprint cannot wait for its network upgrades to be 100% complete before working on increasing revenue. It needs to increase revenue ASAP by every means necessary. Sprint is fighting for its survival.

Robert

Answer this question: A person walks up to you and says, "I will give you cash at the rate of $1000 a month if you do this for me...." If you are able to do it, no matter how taxing it would be on you (the requesting being nothing that would harm you physcially or mentally), would you do it? Basically Sprint is trying to make money off the network it has now and cover the cost of the NV.

Network Vision will make Sprint's network very capable to serve many MVNO's. Most of Sprint's 3G woes are related to backhaul, and the backhaul issues get resolved in Network Vision upgrades. Sprint cannot wait for its network upgrades to be 100% complete before working on increasing revenue. It needs to increase revenue ASAP by every means necessary. Sprint is fighting for its survival.

Robert

Would Sprint be fighting for survival if they hadn't gotten the iPhone? Edited by ScandaLeX

Would Sprint be fighting for survival if they hadn't gotten the iPhone?

Sprint was fighting for survival before the iPhone. The iPhone is part of their strategy for resurgence. How much the iPhone will help will not be seen until subsidies start to be paid off by contract subscribers. Also, in how many customers jump to Sprint for an unlimited iPhone LTE.

But it is a gamble. But when you are in Sprint's position, every move is a gamble.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Notice that Voyager Mobile is only selling services in certain states. The following states are Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, and West Virginia.

http://www.voyagermobile.com/our-network-and-coverage/